Need help with .3ds to .cia conversion (ncchinfo.bin)

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Mlaq, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Mlaq
    OP

Mlaq Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 10, 2018
    Singapore
    So ever since freeshop stopped working for me i decdecd to try a new method of pirating(downloading .3ds files). I tired Riku's "3DS simple CIA converter" but was stuck on step 2. Once i created the ncchinfo.bin and placed it in my sd root folder, godmode9 does not have the option of "NCCHinfo options". Although version 5.0 states that there no need to have a XORpad, i do not understand the steps of using "boot9.bin" What are the exact steps of using that new method and how do i get said file (pressing Start+select+ X button+ power does nothing) ?
    Basically i have trouble generating XORpads with ncchinfo.bin with godmode9 and any helphis greatly appreciated

Edit: Turns out Godmode9 can do the entire process by itself.

Last edited by Mlaq, Aug 11, 2018
  2. Shadow#1

Shadow#1 Wii & 3DS Softmod Expert

Nov 21, 2005
    United States
    Godmode9 only needs the .3ds file then just convert it

Mlaq and Ryccardo like this.
  3. Drowze

Drowze Advanced Member

Jan 6, 2013
    Brazil
    I had this problem myself. So, to batch convert easily on your PC (should much faster and also preserve the lifespan of your sd card):
    The tool: https://github.com/ihaveamac/3dsconv

The steps I followed under ubuntu:
    1. Download Python3 and pip (I used ubuntu's apt-get; YMMV), then install pyaes with pip install pyaes
    2. Get your .3ds backups, boot9.firm and 3dsconv.py all into the same folder
    3. Into that folder, run python3 3dsconv.py --boot9=boot9.bin *.3ds
    4. ???
    5. Profit!

4. Mlaq
    OP

Mlaq Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 10, 2018
    Singapore
    Turns out godmode9 actually can convert .3ds files to .cia files! However some .3ds files seem to not be able to convert tho...
    Thank you very much

5. Shadow#1

Shadow#1 Wii & 3DS Softmod Expert

Nov 21, 2005
    United States
    What ones will not?