Homebrew Need help using SYSLaunchTitle function.

Demothens

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently started a homebrew project and I'm trying to figure out how to launch an installed game from my app. This appears to be doable using the SYSLaunchTitle function from the sysapp library, but every implementation i have tried using leads to the console hanging on a black screen. My understanding from looking at how other apps use the function is that once called the homebrew needs to exit and return 0xFFFFFFFD as an exitcode for homebrew launcher, but this is results in the previously mentioned black screen. I'm also using the function SYSCheckTitleExists before calling SYSLaunchTitle to make sure I'm not messing up on the title id, and SYSCheckTitleExists returns true.

I'm completely new to Wii U programming and C as well so I'm sure I'm doing something dumb. Any help would be appreciated. For clarification I'm creating the homebrew using WUT.

Thanks.

NexoCube

Trophies
XP
Country
France
By looking at the .RPL (sysapp) on IDA, i've seen that every function (SYSLaunchMiiStudio, SYSLaunchSettngs, SYSLaunchAccount and many more) call a function (at base+0x1060):

What it does:

1) It will pack arguments and preload the app. (it will warn the loader/kernel that you want to switch app using OSSendAppSwitchRequest)
2) It will check the Title you are trying to launch isn't gonna launch the "Account" app (because it is a custom launch process for it)
3) it will call SYSLaunchMenu
4) Then it finally calls OSLaunchTitlel (which alloc/free stuff, play with argv/argc and call a bunch of syscalls like "OS_LaunchTitleArgvStr", "launch_title", "call_title")

"Every" SYSLaunch function goes through this process except SYSLaunchTitle which is weird, it only goes through step1 then stops.

So you either implement the 3 last steps yourself, or you use the export "_SYSLaunchTitleDirect" (which have yet unknown arguments), you can play with it to figure out the arguments needed !

I hope i helped. Respond if you need more help or if it didn't worked

EDIT: im a noob and might be interpreting stuff the wrong way

Last edited by NexoCube,
Reactions: Demothens

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the acemagic still
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, I haven't turn on my OG Xbox one in ages, just did now and ofcourse, 32GB update required, gonna take forever.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Edit: nevermind, I forgot I up-ed my internet speed, only 30 min remaining.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Will a mobo with a M2ssd slot work without a M2ssd installed, using a sata ssd temporary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    As long as sata just point bios to boot to it as main drive
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Is that a compilation of you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    M.2 is more of a luxury you can still boot from Ide if you really wanted to
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I mean as long as the motherboard still has sata ports unless you're still in celeron days
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    wut
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh it has Sata 3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It should still have a Bootable option in bios select drive
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    whats sata?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How you were born
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sata is the type of interface/cable connection of hard drives/disc drives for Pc.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't tell them about old bank drives may explode
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mini pcs in the 70's
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    128kbs of storage
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do I connect this to my emachine
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The Tattooist of Auschwitz is pretty good so far