Hacking Need help updating to latest CFW from CobraUSB

Ararage

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Hi, I just booted up my old PS3 that still runs CobraUSB and it's cfw 4.30. I wanted to know what I need to do if I want to update it to latest Rebug or Ferrox? I don't think I have any brick protection so all the tips are welcome.
Tl;dr: Is it safe to update from ancient CobraUSB to modern cfw?

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, I just booted up my old PS3 that still runs CobraUSB and it's cfw 4.30. I wanted to know what I need to do if I want to update it to latest Rebug or Ferrox? I don't think I have any brick protection so all the tips are welcome.
Tl;dr: Is it safe to update from ancient CobraUSB to modern cfw?
Yes it is safe just install like you would OFW. I recommend Rebug Cobra CFW 4.86 lite with webman-mod as a start.

Ararage

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Yes it is safe just install like you would OFW. I recommend Rebug Cobra CFW 4.86 lite with webman-mod as a start.
Thanks for your your answer! So just to be extra sure I can just install it on top of my old cfw via XMB like any update and no need to backup flash or downgrade back to 3.55 or install QA first? I'm also currious about the "spkg sig check patched" stuff, Did the cobraUSB cfw 4.30 have that?
And should I install the update with cobraUSB plugged-in or without it?

Last edited by Ararage,

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
CobraUSB is no longer needed it is inside the CFW(cobra that is)!!! It is always better to have qa flags on but you can do it with rebug toolbox once updated.

Reactions: Ararage

Ararage

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
CobraUSB is no longer needed it is inside the CFW(cobra that is)!!! It is always better to have qa flags on but you can do it with rebug toolbox once updated.
Tried it out today and worked like a charm! Thank you for your help!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @E1ite007, I just found this randomly.