OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
meettomy.site
XP
Country
Turkey
So i got myself a cfw switch. And everytime i updated some games for instance Monster hunter Rise that had the size of 19.8 GB and the Sunbreak update that had size of 13 gb, everytime i update from16.0.0 up until the newest one which is 16.0.2 the updates file size become triple the size of the 13gb updates size, is there any fix how to make it smaller? sorry for my bad english
Post automatically merged:

long story short game updates take too much space on my switch storage space

Last edited by giologic,

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
As far as I know, whenever you update a game, the old update gets replaced by the new one, therefore no wasted space.
Now, how do you usually install your game updates? Do you copy them over to your SD card or something, install afterwards? If so, give DBI Installer a try. Here's a video on how it works in practice. You can safely remove updates (i.e. update install files) once you install them to your Switch.

I doubt there's anything you can do to reduce the size of them, however. You'll either need a bigger SD card in that case or less games installed on your Switch. There's no way to compress them.

giologic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
meettomy.site
XP
Country
Turkey
As far as I know, whenever you update a game, the old update gets replaced by the new one, therefore no wasted space.
Now, how do you usually install your game updates? Do you copy them over to your SD card or something, install afterwards? If so, give DBI Installer a try. Here's a video on how it works in practice. You can safely remove updates (i.e. update install files) once you install them to your Switch.

I doubt there's anything you can do to reduce the size of them, however. You'll either need a bigger SD card in that case or less games installed on your Switch. There's no way to compress them.
yeah that's why its kinda odd to me:unsure:,i always installing it using awoo/tinwoo installer to install the games, dlc and updates.
i actually find the solution deleting the games and all of the updates and dlc but before that i backing up my save file using jksv, but it kinda pain to always delete my games everytime there's a new update tbh

MetaLLG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
yeah that's why its kinda odd to me:unsure:,i always installing it using awoo/tinwoo installer to install the games, dlc and updates.
i actually find the solution deleting the games and all of the updates and dlc but before that i backing up my save file using jksv, but it kinda pain to always delete my games everytime there's a new update tbh
You may try to delete old update before installing a new one. In DBI go to Browse installed applications. Then choose title with button A. That brings you to list of base, dlc's and update of this title.

Reactions: giologic

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can also save some sd card space by going into settings/ data management and deleting any game data that is stored there from previously uninstalled games. Data can be left over there sometimes after uninstalling games. In fact last time I went thru and deleted mine, I had over 2.5GB of data I didn't need/want.

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
my micro sd are actually 1tb and its not even enough lol:(
I have around 40 games on my 256GB microSD card. True, most of them are smaller games, with the exception of a few Zelda games. You should manage your library of installed games better, I'm 100% sure you don't play all of your games all the time. Delete what you aren't playing and, if you want and have some free space for it, keep the install files on your external HDD or something.

Reactions: MetaLLG and BigOnYa

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yes you did originally say grilled