Gaming Need help to fix pokemon sun&moon black screen

75mak

Trophies
XP
Country
If i was you just use plailect guide to move emunand to system nand.

I'm having the black screen on the old 3ds and read its to do with extended ram mode.

1 way it seems to be solved is trying a system format from settings. i'm trying that right now and will update with my results shortly. hopefully someone develops an app or some settings on luma that allow the old 3ds use and activate extended ram without system format...

Edit: i can confirm, a system format worked. luckily i didnt have to botger with saves as i disnt have anything on my system i wanted to keep. i do have to reinstall my games though which is a bit of a time waste. hopefully someone will add a function to Luma that makes sure extended ram mode is activated so you dont need to fornat the old 3ds

Last edited by 75mak, , Reason: Update

Pkm collector1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  1. Backup SysNAND to NANDmin.bin when prompted by pressing (A)
  2. Allow the transfer process to proceed automatically, this may take some time
  3. Once the transfer is complete, press Select to eject your SD card
  4. Put your SD card in your computer, then copy NANDmin.bin and NANDmin.bin.sha from the /files9/ folder on your SD card to a safe location; make backups in multiple locations; this backup will save you from a brick if anything goes wrong in the future (Your backup should match one of the sizes on this page; if it does not, you should delete it and make a new one!)
  5. Delete the 9.2.0 ctrtransfer image .bin and .bin.sha from the /files9/ folder on your SD card
  6. Reinsert your SD card into your 3DS
  7. Press Start to reboot
  8. Update your CFW SysNAND to the latest version using system settings
    • Yes this is safe, stop opening Github issues about it. <-- would this part work if i update to 11.2 or will it vanillia my 3ds again

Pkm collector1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nvm it did work fine im still able to use a9lh with it and updated to 11.2 on it now the pain in the but to install every thing lol

got the titckets to install but now new problem for boot ntr unsported firmware lol now i am on sys_nand 11.2

nre prob lol i have bootntr loaded works but when i play the game the ntr gets unloaded what i need to do to make it work on the game or button press

Last edited by Pkm collector1,

Pkm collector1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am using 3.4 bootntr and ntr.bin for my 11.2 the problem i am having is that i cannot get the cheat thing to work on it. every time when the bootntr passes its load ond config work fine but when i trie to play pokemon cia it close the cheat device off and i can get it to run
my lay out is folder name plugin/0004000000175E00/cheat.plg for either sun and moon i am stuck on how to get it working using a9lh with luma3ds 6.6 though sys_nand 11.2 emunand same using bigblue menu to install the cia files ant help is appreciated :)

gengardenne

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It si due to the emunand transfer (the emunand IS the evil thing with the error hahahaaha)
Now you'll Need to "re-format" sysnand (to get ride of the emunand error transfered to your sys. )
Guy help me with moon.I followed the official guide to obtain arm9lh and luma 6.6(latest version) on sys 9.2.0 EU but I've the problem of the black screen also with the spoofed version of the game.Can you explain me step by step how format sd correctly from settings and place again all the files to play?
Spoofed mean I can use it also with 9.2 firmware*
I know about the black screen with older firmware because moon ant 9.6 or higher while with the spoofed the screen become grey and then reboot...but with this I should fix it so help me

Last edited by gengardenne,

JPnintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Guy help me with moon.I followed the official guide to obtain arm9lh and luma 6.6(latest version) on sys 9.2.0 EU but I've the problem of the black screen also with the spoofed version of the game.Can you explain me step by step how format sd correctly from settings and place again all the files to play?
I know about the black screen with older firmware because moon ant 9.6 or higher while with the spoofed the screen become grey and then reboot...but with this I should fix it so help me
I
if you have A9LH sysnand and the lastest luma, why you dont update your system and try the unpatched cia?

gengardenne

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I

if you have A9LH sysnand and the lastest luma, why you dont update your system and try the unpatched cia?
I don't upgrade it for pkhex and decrypt9 and other nice apps.If I format my system then arm9 and luma aren't touched so I must only place again the sd with all the backuped files right?

JPnintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I don't upgrade it for pkhex and decrypt9 and other nice apps.If I format my system then arm9 and luma aren't touched so I must only place again the sd with all the backuped files right?
You can formatt with the SD inside (it does'nt format the SD, it formats the sysnand)

JPnintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I have done the system format right now but now why I can't install the custom theme like before?When I try there is a error.How fix it?
Go to "themes" on home menu, doing that the system will create the theme cache files. Once you've done that try to install your custom themes.

gengardenne

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Go to "themes" on home menu, doing that the system will create the theme cache files. Once you've done that try to install your custom themes.
After the system format now when I open hombrewlauncher loader from home menu it give me a yellow screen and it freeze.How I can fix it?I could boot it with browserhax I know but I want restore this cia please!

JPnintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
After the system format now when I open hombrewlauncher loader from home menu it give me a yellow screen and it freeze.How I can fix it?I could boot it with browserhax I know but I want restore this cia please!
Download the boot.3dsx of the homebrew launcher again and the latest payload.

Takeshi666

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Luma 3ds emunand will not work for this. i have had the preload installed and works perfectly fine using rxtools

rogermusa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need some advice. I have an O3DS XL on GW 3.7.2 running emuNAND 11.2 and I cannot get past the black screen on either Pokemon Sun, Pokemon Moon or Super Smash Bros. I suspect I have the extended RAM issue.

Can I safely do the System Format on sysNAND? I backed up my NAND.bin file. I don't have A9LH. Will I lose my Gateway?

Thanks for all the help. I love this forum!

malikalghani

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia

hello sir, i'm newbie here, so i'm going the same problem everytime i want to play mh4, mhx, ssb, and pokemon sun and moo it only goes into black screen. i've done the format system memory. what to do next? after i format system memory, now my 3ds won't boot into rxtools. pls help since i'm just newbie in here

Last edited by malikalghani,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.