Need help running updated 13.2 on lower firmware 11.0

shadowfire36

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all i have a switch thats running sxos on system 11.0 firmware .. i have have a game thats in NSP format and have been trying to use SAK to lower the firmware to run on my switch .. the game seems to boot ..but thats it , black screen after that .. I had 3 questions if anyone could help me out figure out a solution.

1. on SAK i put the 13.2 prod.key in the bin folder.. but am i supposed to put the 13.2 prodkey to downgrade the nsp ? i keep getting a invaild signature when installing through DB installer , not sure if thats relevant

2.is it possible to run the sxos alongside atmosphere?

3. is there a way to update the SYS FW and still keep my CFW ?
I keep trying to update to atmosphere , it actually worked for awhile , but when i updated to sys 11.0 it will not run correctly with sxos still on it

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all i have a switch thats running sxos on system 11.0 firmware .. i have have a game thats in NSP format and have been trying to use SAK to lower the firmware to run on my switch .. the game seems to boot ..but thats it , black screen after that .. I had 3 questions if anyone could help me out figure out a solution.

1. on SAK i put the 13.2 prod.key in the bin folder.. but am i supposed to put the 13.2 prodkey to downgrade the nsp ? i keep getting a invaild signature when installing through DB installer , not sure if thats relevant

I keep trying to update to atmosphere , it actually worked for awhile , but when i updated to sys 11.0 it will not run correctly with sxos still on it
If the game is made with 12.x SDK it can not be downgraded u will have to ditch sxos and go atmosphere

viper3344

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have to 100% go to atmosphere for newer games. They can’t be patched. Just set up a flash card with emunand for atmo and newer games and keep sxos and ur sysnand on 11. Easiest solution

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

it’s fine to add the higher key. When installing the target machine is has no way of interpreting that signature unless yiu upgrade your FW.

Yes, you can dual boot SXOS and Atmosphere. I run 11.0.1 on Sysnand, 11.0.0 on File based Emunand (SXOS) and 13.2.1 on Partition based Emunand (Atmosphere) and they all play together very nicely.

You can make two partition based emunands (one for SXOS and one for atmosphere) and upgrade both to the max each will allow and not mess with Sysnand at all. Each *nand will behave as an independent system and can be at whatever FW version you choose.

do you know of a guide to do that ?

Yes, see if this helps: https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...en-partitions-on-the-same-sd-tutorial.601607/

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

1. Yes, you need those keys in order to downgrade games. You can try installing the game with another installer such as TinWoo Installer
  2. I don't see why not
  3. Are you sure you're using the latest version of SX OS?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.