Hardware Need Help, Popping Sound Due to SD Card Slot

16megabytes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
hey guys, i was wondering if you could help me:
i have a new 3ds xl that had a popping sound before force-shutting down. i already replaced my top screen as it seems faulty (not working). so i have already replaced the top screen. so here is the situation i am in and wondering maybe you guys could help:

1. after assembling everything back completely, (sd card not inserted) the unit boots up normally which is how i know that the top screen replacement works fine. the buttons and the lower touch panel also work fine.
2. if i insert the sd card, the popping sound and force shutdown still happens even after replacing the top screen. (i have used this sd card with the unit before successfully)
3. i have formatted the sd card, tried inserting another sd card but the popping sound and force shutdown is still there
4. i figured the tf card slot module is broken in some way (although the pins look fine, no bent pins) so i ordered a tf card replacement. i replaced the tf card slot module with the new one yet the popping sound and force shutdown is still there.

i'm really getting frustrated now with my situation, thanks for any help in advance

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Take the SD card out. Try opening and closing the top screen lid at different angles. See if you can get it to pop and turn off.

If it happens, the problem is probably the speaker flex cable. You'll need to replace it. What model 3DS or 2DS, new or old, XL?

Go to international place to buy parts is aliexpress.com

16megabytes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Take the SD card out. Try opening and closing the top screen lid at different angles. See if you can get it to pop and turn off.

If it happens, the problem is probably the speaker flex cable. You'll need to replace it. What model 3DS or 2DS, new or old, XL?

Some system functions (such as the sound, touch, camera, 3d function, buttons, wireless capability) works fine when i don't insert my sd card.
does that still mean that i have a faulty speaker flex cable?

As you have suggested, i tried turning on the device (without sd card) at different top screen angles and yet there is no popping sound and force shutdown.

it is a New 3DS XL by the way.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some system functions (such as the sound, touch, camera, 3d function, buttons, wireless capability) works fine when i don't insert my sd card.
does that still mean that i have a faulty speaker flex cable?

As you have suggested, i tried turning on the device (without sd card) at different top screen angles and yet there is no popping sound and force shutdown.

it is a New 3DS XL by the way.

Do you have different micro SD card to see if that popping happens on that too?

Other than that, maybe replace the SD reader module?
OCGAME-original-Replacement-SD-Card-Slot-Reader-Socket-for-New-3DS-XL-LL-3DSXL-3DSLL-Console.jpg_640x640.jpg

16megabytes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Do you have different micro SD card to see if that popping happens on that too?

Other than that, maybe replace the SD reader module?

yes, i have tried using a different micro SD card (situation 3) but still makes a popping sound.

and yes, i have replaced the SD reader module that is the same with the picture above (situation 4) also thinking that it may be faulty as both of my micro SD cards are functioning as tested and reformatted via PC. even after replacing it, still the same results: popping sound and force shutdown.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

sorry for the repeat posts. this usually happens when my internet connection messes up. currently finding a way to remove them but can't seem to find one. please just ignore them. sorry

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: im fucking motivated