Need help patching HG/SS

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Zelrak, Jun 2, 2010.

Jun 2, 2010

Need help patching HG/SS by Zelrak at 3:52 AM (887 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Zelrak
    OP

Newcomer Zelrak Newbie

Portugal
    Hi everyone, I need help with HGSS right now. The UCP patch I found on the forums only removeds the freezing, although i have another problem. every time I try to save the game, a blue screen shows up and says "the game could not be saved, power off the DS bla blah blah"

I tried finding a solution to this a while back, but ended giving up. Is there a way to fix this issue?

I am using a DS Lite with an iTouch with Triple Boot Sakura/M3/iTouch Firmware, and get the same result on all 3 boot.

I appreciate the help beforehand.

2. Jemlee

Member Jemlee GBAtemp Regular

Japan
    I'm guessing you played the game once without patching then patched it hallfway.

If you patch, starting a new save is neccesary (i think [​IMG])

3. Zelrak
    OP

Newcomer Zelrak Newbie

Portugal
    well, that's the thing, i never played it, and when i try to start a new game and save i get the screen all the time.

4. Jemlee

Member Jemlee GBAtemp Regular

Japan
    Tried deleting the save and creating a new one outside the game in your sd or firmware?

5. Zelrak
    OP

Newcomer Zelrak Newbie

Portugal
    i need the .sav file from someone so i can start a new game, and see if it works. I can't think of anything else atm.

6. xakota

Member xakota GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Your .sav should work with any game, HG or SS, patched or unpatched. As cliche as it sounds, try backing everything up and formatting your MicroSD card with the Panasonic formatter.