Hacking [Need Help] Launching PastaCFW on O3DS 7.2.0-15E Ninjhax 1.1b

jonnytron

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,
In a previous thread I asked what kind of hacks I could work on this system and afterwards have found / been pointed to a few different threads detailing how to upgrade from 7.2 to 9.2. After following these guides I keep getting stuck at the same point -> launching PastaCFW from Ninjhax.

Heres the specs;
my system is an O3DS XL on 7.2.0-15E firmware and i'm using Ninjhax 1.1b (from an actual cubic ninja game card and not sky3ds) to launch apps.
I have already used go.gateway-3ds.com to backup my sysNAND and format my emuNAND, implanted the dbs file and then reset the system management.

At this stage I open Ninjhax with the hope of rebooting into the patched CFW and installing FBI... but.
When I launch Pasta CFW, one of two things happen;
a.
both screens turn black and the system freezes
b. the system has encountered an error and had to restart

*note - I've tried both the 'stable' 1.2.1 build and the 1.3 beta that are currently being pushed with the same results.

From what I've seen, in a successful launch the top screen runs code and then launches the homescreen.
Thanks for any help you can give and I can try to supply any additional information you need.

John

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Hi,
In a previous thread I asked what kind of hacks I could work on this system and afterwards have found / been pointed to a few different threads detailing how to upgrade from 7.2 to 9.2. After following these guides I keep getting stuck at the same point -> launching PastaCFW from Ninjhax.

Heres the specs;
my system is an O3DS XL on 7.2.0-15E firmware and i'm using Ninjhax 1.1b (from an actual cubic ninja game card and not sky3ds) to launch apps.
I have already used go.gateway-3ds.com to backup my sysNAND and format my emuNAND, implanted the dbs file and then reset the system management.

At this stage I open Ninjhax with the hope of rebooting into the patched CFW and installing FBI... but.
When I launch Pasta CFW, one of two things happen;
a.
both screens turn black and the system freezes
b. the system has encountered an error and had to restart

*note - I've tried both the 'stable' 1.2.1 build and the 1.3 beta that are currently being pushed with the same results.

From what I've seen, in a successful launch the top screen runs code and then launches the homescreen.
Thanks for any help you can give and I can try to supply any additional information you need.

John
Use this instead
https://gbatemp.net/threads/need-hax-2-x-pasta-loader.400752/page-2#post-5822491

jonnytron

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So this miniPasta will launch from hax 1.1b? as I cant go any higher on my firmware.
If so then great, I will test tomorrow morning and report back.

Any ideas why the above has been happening?

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
So this miniPasta will launch from hax 1.1b? as I cant go any higher on my firmware.
If so then great, I will test tomorrow morning and report back.

Any ideas why the above has been happening?
yes
yeah, pasta uses an outdated brahma with broken 7.2 offsets.

jonnytron

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh thanks, I had thought it may be specific to my version with many people having success with it but my searches didn't yield anything I could work with.
I'm sure it'll all work tomorrow, thanks a bunch! you've prevented me wasting any more time reorganizing my SD and config file. :bow:

Reactions: zoogie

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Faust03 @ Faust03: hey the spam bots are acting up again