moops44

Prince of Darkness
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey Tempers

I tried to inject " The Legend of Zelda Majoras Mask " from a loadiine release into my legit Super Mario 64 EUR Version with WiiUInstallerPacker,
It creates all files, i also edited the original meta to change Game Name and edited Icon
everything is great , i also can install it to my sysnand via dimok's cfw

I can start and play the game, but after a while it freeze and i need to restart WiiU
any suggestions??
i tried the whole procedure with Wave Race 64 and it work perfect no freezes so far

EDIT:
This time i injected into Donkey Kong 64 and now it works
i think the problem was that the Original Rom file from Mario 64 is (8.388.608 Bytes) and from Wave Race 64 too
But from Donkey Kong 64 the Rom size is (33.554.432 Bytes) like The Legend of Zelda Majoras Mask
maybe im wrong but it works now :grog:

Last edited by moops44,

Irastris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Correct. You should always use a base game with the same or larger size as the ROM you want to inject. Donkey Kong 64 is considered to have the highest compatibility with injections and I believe is the largest VC N64 game.

For reference, these are the games considered to have the best compatibility for all VC systems:
The Ultimate Guide to redNAND VC Injects said:
Punch-Out!! (NES)
Super Metroid; Donkey Kong Country; Kirby's Dream Land 3 for SA-1 support (SNES)
Donkey Kong 64 (N64)
The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap (GBA)
New Super Mario Bros.; Brain Age/Brain Training (NDS)

Reactions: zeldaism

moops44

Prince of Darkness
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Correct. You should always use a base game with the same or larger size as the ROM you want to inject. Donkey Kong 64 is considered to have the highest compatibility with injections and I believe is the largest VC N64 game.

For reference, these are the games considered to have the best compatibility for all VC systems:
i tried a couple of loadiine ready n64 games but not working , always freeze at the splashscreen

Last edited by moops44,

Irastris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Irastris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i tried only green marked working games, but anyway not working.
Could be that the base games were dumped with ddd, back when that was the only choice. The app.xml and cos.xml from DDD don't seem to play nice as an installed title.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-