Need Help if Buying 3DS or Not

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by LeomelsonBato, Aug 25, 2012.

Aug 25, 2012
  1. LeomelsonBato
    OP

Member LeomelsonBato GBAtemp Regular

Philippines
    Well i want to buy a 2nd Hand 3DS but wasnt it too early to have a 3ds? because im gonna sell my PSP to buy a 3DS... my PSP is still ok and theres still a lot of game that i havent tried but i really feel like buying a 3DS... is there any advantage if i buy a 3DS now or wait a little longer?? i cant afford a 3DS Xl though...

2. Lanlan

Member Lanlan Tits

United States
    The 3DS has tons of awesome games.

3. flygon12345

Member flygon12345 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

India
    have you hacked your psp and played good variety of its games..if you have done that ..then the 3ds is worth a buy ...dont buy second hand ..the 3ds original is 160$ save up some money to buy it as the library just opened and has a long way to go

4. emigre

Member emigre Has complex motives

United Kingdom
    Keep the PSP. I like my 3DS but I would suggest leaving some time to let the library mature a bit. And that gives you extra time to save the cash for it.

3 people like this.
  5. Mike19

Member Mike19 GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Do not trade in your PSP! Since you have not played a lot of the games, it is highly recommended you don't trade it in.

An idea is that while you save up for a NEW (always get new consoles!) 3DS, you should try out some of the good games that are already out for the PSP. Just search on google something like " top 100 psp games " and you will find many great games.

Also, if you manage to save enough money for a 3DS XL, go for it instead (it is much more of an improvement over the standard 3DS).

6. Arras

Member Arras ★02

Netherlands
    I'd only sell the PSP if you feel you're done with it. The 3DS has a few great games, but it's only going to get better. I suppose it all comes down to how badly you want to play the 3DS games that are out now, though. If you don't think there's anything you REALLY want right now and there's still games left to play on the PSP, keep it at least a little longer.

7. DinohScene

Member DinohScene The Gift of Dino

Antarctica
    There are a few good 3DS games.

I wouldn't trade in the PSP if I where you.
    I thin that you'll enjoy your PSP more then the 3DS tbh ;p

1 person likes this.
  8. ov3rkill

Member ov3rkill GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    I wouldn't recommend selling the PSP especially if you're a gamer. It has lots of awesome games plus the emulators you could put in it. Yeah, I agree that you'll enjoy more on the PSP than on the 3DS since the PSP has a lot of games and the library for the 3DS is just keeps on coming which is good. You can wait a bit longer unless you want to play specific games for the 3DS like Kid Icarus Uprising or Mario Kart 7 so you can enjoy multiplayer with your buddies. Other than that, if you're planning to play single player. You can always just catch up. Plus it'll be cheaper to buy 2nd hand 3DS games. :)

Just remember, you have to buy 3DS games since there's no flash cart yet for the 3DS ROMS. DS games on the other hand can be played using flash carts.

I'd recommend you just borrow a 3DS from a friend and try to play it.

9. Terenigma

Member Terenigma Terenigma everywhere

United Kingdom
    I agree with the majority here, Keep the psp (especially if you have it hacked) and buy the 3DS if the prices gets lower or some more good games come out.

1 person likes this.
  10. Alex221

Member Alex221 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Keep the psp bro,save money and wait for the 3ds xl

11. Tom Bombadildo

Contributor Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip
    United States
    Definitely keep the PSP. The 3DS doesn't have enough games yet to warrant the decision to sell your PSP, especially if it's hacked.

1 person likes this.
  12. Kuroko Shirai

Member Kuroko Shirai GBAtemp Regular

Philippines
    @ TC: I bought my 3DS in Datablitz... 8,000 cash (original price is at 8,450 pesos) I really suggest getting a new one instead of second hand... the advantages of a new console without the scratches and all and eShop things (especially those demos???) as compared to a second hand of who knows what they did to it... of course the only thing about 3DS is that it isn't hacked, but hey, I play it more often than my NDS ever since I got it... :P

But yeah keep your PSP for now if you still haven't play the other games in it... who knows, up to you anyway.

13. trumpet-205

Member trumpet-205 Embrace the darkness within

United States
    I recommend you just save up and get 3DS XL. Don't trade in your PSP. 3DS does not have a diverse library right now.

14. chris888222

Member chris888222 GBAtemp's Flygon Fan

Singapore
    Says the COO of Nintendo.

But yeah. Keep the PSP (if it's a hacked one don't even think about trading in because it's fantastic), and save up some $$ for a 3DS XL. Go for XL straightaway though: the $30 is worth it.

1 person likes this.
  15. BenRK

Member BenRK GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Yeah. I also say keep the PSP. However, I would say get a 3DS asap without selling your PSP. I regret giving my sister my PSP... but oh well, live and learn. In any case, the game list for the 3DS is growing, and the eshop is getting better stuff all the time (mostly in the virtual console section).

16. xwatchmanx

Member xwatchmanx GBAtemp's (Un)Ironic Weeaboo

United States
    So you WERE joking about the iPad. lol.

Anyway, if you're happy with your PSP, I seriously wouldn't get rid of it, especially for a system that doesn't play PSP games. Keep the PSP, and either save up separately for a 3DS, or wait for the library to grow a bit. That's my suggestion.

1 person likes this.
  17. BORTZ

Global Moderator BORTZ wtf, nintendo

United States
    The longer you wait, the lower the 3DS price drops, but in the mean time you have tons of good games on the PSP and emulators...

1 person likes this.
  18. LeomelsonBato
    OP

Member LeomelsonBato GBAtemp Regular

Philippines
    ok ill keep my PSP but... if i keep it too long maybe i cant Sell my PSP anymore... the PSPs Price is already low and it will keep lowing...

i just have a thought because i dont really like PSP.. i wanted to have one because of my favorite games that are only playable on PSP and after playing those games i feel like the psp became boring.... i sell my DS to have one....

19. xwatchmanx

Member xwatchmanx GBAtemp's (Un)Ironic Weeaboo

United States
    I mean, if you honestly don't like your PSP or the games on it, then sure. I'm just saying, you never know when you want to play those old PSP classics again. And I know I DEFINITELY regret my mom giving away my old game systems whenever I got a new one as a kid...

20. Lucifer666

Member Lucifer666 all the world needs is me

Antarctica
    All right personally, in my opinion, I had a PSP 100x before getting a 3DS, and I'm gonna admit, as much as it was a beauty, I still think it was worth selling to help save up for a launch 3DS. Anyway, you're saying that in you're area the PSP prices are getting lower. Well if you ever think you wanna go back to the days of the PSP you could always pick up a cheap one.