Hacking Need help here, can't get any ROM to work

urforce

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all,

I desperately need help. After waiting some months for the 4th batch, I finally got my DS-X, which was using 1.0.1, it didn't play some games, so i updated the firmware to 1.0.2 with the qkin bug fixed. Now ... Everything works fine, only that it does NOT play ANY ROM, except wario ware, but that's the only game I can play, please help me here guys, very much appreciated.

Cheers!

p.s. Oh yeah, I forgot to describe the apps loading, it just gives me either, both white screen, both black screen, everytime i load a ROM. Thanks again!

urforce

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What i did is just unzip the ROMs, and copy paste into DS-X, currently only older games work, from 0001-0250.
Which coincidentally are RAR files before I did unRAR. The newer ones like FF3 is in ZIP files, and the new ones do not work, what do you think might be the problem? Thank you!

urforce

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I see ... I tried some more ROMS last night, such as magical starsign, which according to the list is working fine, I got the ROM from a website that uses eMule, which claims that their ROMS are clean dumps, quote:

"These NDS ROM "clean dumps" - that is unaltered backups of DS game cards are for use with NDS Emulators and playing on Nintendo DS with new generation NDS / GBA Flash Cards such us G6 Flash 3rd with DS PassKey, M3 Perfect Adapter CF / SD and SuperCard DS (Compact Flash and Secure Digital) SuperPass 2 and MK2 and Neo MK3."

However, still not working.
cry.gif

other than those ones, i also tries to get some ROMS from torrents. Are these really the right ROMS to play with DS-X? Thanks again.
bow.gif

urforce

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, anyone has the same problem? The funny thing is when the ROMS set is in RAR format, it works fine, but in ZIP, they won't work after i unzip them. I formatted the DS-X many times using FAT16 as well, as recommended, but still no luck, this is frustrating.
wacko.gif
Plus, i can't bring this up in DS-X forums, cause to be honest I solely purchased this card for ROMS, lol
tongue.gif

Any ideas please share with me, thanks guys!
bow.gif

phoood

taking it to a whole new level.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ANOTHER BAD BATCH!

Ohhh, dosen't that just make you feel so sad?

edit:
Yeah, anyone has the same problem? The funny thing is when the ROMS set is in RAR format, it works fine, but in ZIP, they won't work after i unzip them. I formatted the DS-X many times using FAT16 as well, as recommended, but still no luck, this is frustrating.Â
wacko.gif
 Plus, i can't bring this up in DS-X forums, cause to be honest I solely purchased this card for ROMS, lolÂ
tongue.gif

bow.gif
Is there a policy saying you can't disscuss rom isssues on the board?
You can email them if so.

Rabid1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, anyone has the same problem? The funny thing is when the ROMS set is in RAR format, it works fine, but in ZIP, they won't work after i unzip them. I formatted the DS-X many times using FAT16 as well, as recommended, but still no luck, this is frustrating.Â
wacko.gif
 Plus, i can't bring this up in DS-X forums, cause to be honest I solely purchased this card for ROMS, lolÂ
tongue.gif

bow.gif

If rar files are working and zips are not it cannot be the DS-X, are you using your RAR program to open the zip? Something is happening in the uncompression process. If you are using one program try downloading one specific to ZIP and see what happens.

urforce

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, thanks for the idea, I tried using both Windows built-in and WINZIP to uncompress the ROMS but no luck, I checked from this list:

http://wiki.scorpei.com/index.php/DSX_comp...he_list_601-700

on which ROM should be playable under OS 1.0.2, and tried the same game. I even tried unzip them, then RAR them, then unRAR them, lol, that's how desperate i am. This is confusing, the files that are originally RAR when downloaded works fine, these are games like Mario Luigi Partners in time or WarioWare Touched or Two Memories. Weird... and yeah, i think you are not supposed to openly mention that DS-X is bought only to play ROMS, they say they might get into legal stuff for that, so, you're right phoood, i should email them instead... It costs me another DS to get this card and now it gets all funny!!!
mad.gif
hate2.gif

Rabid1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, thanks for the idea, I tried using both Windows built-in and WINZIP to uncompress the ROMS but no luck, I checked from this list:

http://wiki.scorpei.com/index.php/DSX_comp...he_list_601-700

on which ROM should be playable under OS 1.0.2, and tried the same game. I even tried unzip them, then RAR them, then unRAR them, lol, that's how desperate i am. This is confusing, the files that are originally RAR when downloaded works fine, these are games like Mario Luigi Partners in time or WarioWare Touched or Two Memories. Weird... and yeah, i think you are not supposed to openly mention that DS-X is bought only to play ROMS, they say they might get into legal stuff for that, so, you're right phoood, i should email them instead... It costs me another DS to get this card and now it gets all funny!!!Â
mad.gif
Â
hate2.gif

it has to be on your PC side. The odds of you only downloading bad roms in zip format, or the DS-X having problems with only the roms you happen to get in zip are so far out there that you should be buying a lottery ticket every day!!! I left you some ideas on DS-X....

urforce

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Rabid1, I tried with two other PCs, and the problem still remains the same. Do you think this is a defective unit? I now found out that even those that are loaded correctly freezes after 10 mins or so, hm ...
blink.gif

I also want to add that most of these ZIP roms work in my supercard, so i think the uncompression works fine, probably, what do u think Rabid1? Are you the same Rabid1 from the dsx forums? Thanks!

p.s. I was so happy that one of the ZIP games actually loaded, however, only for 20 secs or so, lol, after that the same game does not load and gives the BOSD (black screen of death) instead.

urforce

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I used the updater in http://news.ds-x.com/ , i think the file is called: Ds_X_updater0.06.rar
Is this the right one? Please tell me it isn't, so i have this hope the next time might work, lol, thanks heaps Rabid1.

Rabid1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used the updater in http://news.ds-x.com/ , i think the file is called: Ds_X_updater0.06.rar
Is this the right one? Please tell me it isn't, so i have this hope the next time might work, lol, thanks heaps Rabid1.

2 things I can think of:

See if you can find the same files in .rar somewhere else. The fact you say "some" work on the supercard is still suspect of the files.

Run the normal firmware update, not the qkin update. backup and format your card first.

urforce

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Rabid1, couple of questions, when you said normal update? Is that 0.0.3 or 0.0.4? And where can i get the normal updater? Is it the universal updater? Thanks Rabid1!

urforce

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Rabid1, I have updated into v0.0.3 (the beta one), and some of the ZIP games are working, however, some of the RAR games stop working as well. I am not able to find the games with RAR compression. Please let me know if you have some more ideas. Thanks!

urforce

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yup, but i did a qkin update before, doesn't that also bring dsx to 1.0.2? And i haven't tried ACWW yet. I tried this japanese game Osu!Tatakae!Ouendan! and that works, children of mana works, but then some games like phoenix wright ace attorney, which was working before (which was RAR), stops working, i just need to know if this is purely software problem and is fixable through the next updater, or if it is a possible hardware problem, so i can return them to the shop. Thanks Rabid1 for all your help!

cheesyPOOF5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I would try starting all over (can you flash DS-X firmware?) and re-updating to the newest version.
I wish you good luck in solving this problem (hope it's not hardware)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: https://torrentfreak.com/one-nintendo-dmca-notice-just-wiped-out-8535-yuzu-emulator-forks-240502/