Hacking Need help here, can't get any ROM to work

urforce

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think i formatted the ds-x so many times, updated so many times, and sure some games work, but the games i want to play do not work, when i checked on the Internet that the ROMS i want to play supposed to be playable, i am frustrated, seriously, the first game i tried was FF3, and that doesn't even load (WOSD), and then Portrait of Ruins (WOSD as well), then Elite Beat Agents (WOSD as well). For each game, example FF3, I got the game from many sources (I have 5 ROMS for this game), and none of them work, while other people's ds-x work, using the same ROM from the same provider. This is exhausting, i don't know what to do anymore, and what is the latest update anyway beside the qkin fix? Is it the Beta of 0.0.3? Children of mana seems to work in my ds-x, so i'll play that for a while, but i still want to play FF3...
cry.gif
Please please please anyone who has or had similar problems with my ds-x, please do share your experiences...
yaynds.gif

The4thDoctor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think you have a bad cartridge. I had two Ds-Xtremes and both were updated with the Qkin fix.

One cartridge would work with any ROM copied over to it, when before the update, none of those ROMs would work. The other would just give me two white screens, even after the update. So it could be that you got a bad unit.

I just sent my unit back for a replacement.

Hope this helps!

urforce

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just wandering if the next updater will fix this compatibility issues. There are actually other people with compatibility issues like mine when i was browsing the ds-x forums, some even have 70% of the ROMS not working. I don't have qkin issues, and everything boots alrite. Kind of regreting buying this product now, i should have wait and buy the R4 instead, it's so much cheaper too, i only need to play games anyways. But hell, i'll wait for the next update.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.