Hacking NEED HELP HACKING 3DS XL {NEW TO GENNING POKEMON}

Yung_Royaleski

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys. So before I continue, I just want to make it clear that I have no intentions of abusing my genning powers. I simply want to create some cool Pokemon that I've always wanted for my own personal fun within the game. With that being said, I recently purchased the Nintendo 3DS XL NES Edition (Firmware Ver. 7.2.0-17U) and I really need help to get started using Pkhex or whatever program you guys think is best for this firmware. This console is brand new basically, and it has never been modded so I would need help starting from scratch. If you guys could help me out it would be greatly appreciated. I've spent hours and hours and hours researching hacks and trying to get a good deal on a 3ds xl (my old 3ds is fully updated therefore making it impossible to hack with) so I could really use your help with this older firmware. Let me know what I need to do! Thanks in advance

Yung_Royaleski

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That does sound pretty convenient (the being able to edit them part). Ok awesome, so that's step one. I'll jump on that immediately when the new 3DS comes in the mail!

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That does sound pretty convenient (the being able to edit them part). Ok awesome, so that's step one. I'll jump on that immediately when the new 3DS comes in the mail!
For the record, it is easy to hack a 3DS on system version 11.6 following the above guide.

Yung_Royaleski

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the record, it is easy to hack a 3DS on system version 11.6 following the above guide.
I know I can easily hack an 11.6.0-39U console, but would I be able to use it for genning pokemon? Last time I tried doing it, Homebrew wouldn't open through the Nintendo 3DS Sound App like it was supposed to. According to my research it was because of a new patch in the update.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know I can easily hack an 11.6.0-39U console, but would I be able to use it for genning pokemon? Last time I tried doing it, Homebrew wouldn't open through the Nintendo 3DS Sound App like it was supposed to. According to my research it was because of a new patch in the update.
You can install CFW on 11.6, and you can use it for your Pokémon-genning purposes, but you can't use Soundhax to do it. The guide I linked to includes all of the hacking methods sorted by software version.

Edit: The easiest way to install B9S and Luma3DS to an 11.6 3DS is with the ntrboot method, which requires only a compatible DS flashcart that costs about $20.

Last edited by Lacius,

Yung_Royaleski

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This sounds like a nightmare @Lacius it states that I need 2 consoles in order to do this. One that is already running CFW. Even if I wanted to, I wouldn't be able to do this until the new one came in and I would have to already install CFW on my current one, in which case I wouldn't even know what kind of CFW to install...

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This sounds like a nightmare @Lacius it states that I need 2 consoles in order to do this. One that is already running CFW. Even if I wanted to, I wouldn't be able to do this until the new one came in and I would have to already install CFW on my current one, in which case I wouldn't even know what kind of CFW to install...
The ntrboot method doesn't require two consoles. Scroll down to the part of the chart with the options for all software versions.

Yung_Royaleski

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For installing boot9strap I'm not even seeing that as an option. I clicked on old 3ds and it says there are 2 methods to download boot9strap. Both of which require 2 console @Lacius

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For installing boot9strap I'm not even seeing that as an option. I clicked on old 3ds and it says there are 2 methods to download boot9strap. Both of which require 2 console @Lacius
Then you are not reading the guide properly. At the bottom of this page, there is a row titled ALL VERSIONS. The ntrboot method is explained there. It does not require two 3DS systems. It only requires access to a $20 DS flashcart.

Yung_Royaleski

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found it. So I see I have to purchase a specific SD card (the R4i Gold one) in order to make this happen. I just want to get to genning already this is so daunting =(((

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found it. So I see I have to purchase a specific SD card (the R4i Gold one) in order to make this happen. I just want to get to genning already this is so daunting =(((
None of what we're discussing is particularly difficult. If you find this daunting, it might not be something you want to do.

If you do want to edit Pokémon save files, then you have two options:
  1. Install B9S and Luma3DS on the 7.2 3DS when it arrives.
  2. If you bought the 7.2 3DS just to hack it, return it for your money back and use $20 to buy the recommended DS flashcart to install B9S and Luma3DS to your 11.6 3DS.
It's not rocket science.

Yung_Royaleski

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
None of what we're discussing is particularly difficult. If you find this daunting, it might not be something you want to do.

If you do want to edit Pokémon save files, then you have two options:
  1. Install B9S and Luma3DS on the 7.2 3DS when it arrives.
  2. If you bought the 7.2 3DS just to hack it, return it for your money back and use $20 to buy the recommended DS flashcart to install B9S and Luma3DS to your 11.6 3DS.
It's not rocket science.
I'm going to keep the new 3ds stock (if this method works) because I wanted an XL anyways, but now I'm going to try to hack my older one (11.6.0) and use it just for genning. I just thought that there was a specific way to hack it for each and every individual firmware version, which is why I thought this was so difficult. I'm typically pretty good with this kind of stuff so I guess we'll see once this new flashcart SD arrives.

MasterSe7en

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to keep the new 3ds stock (if this method works) because I wanted an XL anyways, but now I'm going to try to hack my older one (11.6.0) and use it just for genning. I just thought that there was a specific way to hack it for each and every individual firmware version, which is why I thought this was so difficult. I'm typically pretty good with this kind of stuff so I guess we'll see once this new flashcart SD arrives.

You're definitely over thinking it, maybe a little too excited(which is understandable) the only thing im misunderstanding is which 3ds you want to hack?

Is it the 7.2 3ds that you just ordered and hasn't arrived yet? Because if that's the case, that's easy, follow the guide and once you have b9s and luma on there just goto the settings and update your console as you normally would and you'll be in 11.6 cfw, if it's your 11.6 3ds that you're going to hack, you don't need two consoles, only a compatible ntrboot flashcart, a small magnet, and the 3dsguide all of which are very easy if you're good with this sort of thing, it's just a matter of following directions well, trust me once you understand it when you start the process it's a piece of cake.

Good luck

Yung_Royaleski

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're definitely over thinking it, maybe a little too excited(which is understandable) the only thing im misunderstanding is which 3ds you want to hack?

Is it the 7.2 3ds that you just ordered and hasn't arrived yet? Because if that's the case, that's easy, follow the guide and once you have b9s and luma on there just goto the settings and update your console as you normally would and you'll be in 11.6 cfw, if it's your 11.6 3ds that you're going to hack, you don't need two consoles, only a compatible ntrboot flashcart, a small magnet, and the 3dsguide all of which are very easy if you're good with this sort of thing, it's just a matter of following directions well, trust me once you understand it when you start the process it's a piece of cake.

Good luck
So what you're saying is that if I install everything on the 7.2 console (the one that hasn't come in yet) and THEN I update it, it should work perfectly fine as a 11.6 version? I just ordered the flashcart to see if I can try doing it to my old one before messing with my new one. Now I just got to find a small magnet somewhere lol

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
So what you're saying is that if I install everything on the 7.2 console (the one that hasn't come in yet) and THEN I update it, it should work perfectly fine as a 11.6 version? I just ordered the flashcart to see if I can try doing it to my old one before messing with my new one. Now I just got to find a small magnet somewhere lol
Or you can use your O3DS that you are going to hack for system transfer to hack your new 3ds on 11.6. And I suggest, to read thrue whole guide (NTRBoot, system transfer, browserhax) section, because most of the things are answered and explained there.

Last edited by Kubas_inko,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*