PBallWiz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am downgrading my friend's N3ds from 10.2.0 to 9.2
I want to back up his sysNAND before I start just in case.
I have the latest Homebrew Starter kit and have successfully installed menuhax 2.2
What's the best method for dumping the sysNAND?
I tried the latest version of Decrypt9 and Emunand9 and when I launch either from HBL, the bottom screen turns red, black and then right back to the Homebrew menu.
Can someone give me some guidance here?
Thanks!

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
You are corrct, only way to backup your nand on 9.2+ is via hardmod, just follow best practices and format the system prior to attempting the downgrade, worst case scenario and you brick you can use recovery mode to update to 11.0.0 and get a hard mod to downgrade again
It's still not possible to backup your 3ds without a hardmod on >9.2 without a cfw. Unless you were linking them to the guide on how to downgrade?
That guide is like thread spam at this point, any thread about any issue will have that guide posted at least once......i wonder if its reached the other sub forums yet XD

Dont get me wrong its a good guide. Its just thrown about with zero explanation, often with no attempt to see if its actually relevent to the question at hand

Last edited by gamesquest1,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
You are corrct, only way to backup your nand on 9.2+ is via hardmod, just follow best practices and format the system prior to attempting the downgrade, worst case scenario and you brick you can use recovery mode to update to 11.0.0 and get a hard mod to downgrade again

That guide is like thread spam at this point, any thread about any issue will have that guide posted at least once......i wonder if its reached the other sub forums yet XD

Dont get me wrong its a good guide. Its just thrown about with zero explanation, often with no attempt to see if its actually relevent to the question at hand
I wonder if there should be a thing like Godwin's law, but for Plailect's guide on GBAtemp :-p

PBallWiz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thanks. I took your advice and formatted the system prior to downgrade. Latest version of sysupdater did not seem to work. First it kept failing to load . Then I kept getting an error. Something about failing to get CIA file info. Ended up using safesysupdater and the downgrade was successful. I was extremely worried about bricking my friends console after all the trouble sysupdater gave me.
I used sysupdater previously on my own N3DS without incident.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Reactions: gamesquest1

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
The wiki has less description of dealing with frankenfirmwares & factory >9.2s.
They have unlisted problems.

Actually factory >9.2s can be recognized as frankenfirmwares.

For example
- Factory 10.3.0-28J can't read Ninjhax QR - it responses error and force restarting, but Internet upgraded 10.3.0-28J can.
- Factory 10.3.0-28J will pop an ERROR and Blackscreen when the downgrading proceeds NATIVE_FIRM, but Internet upgraded 10.3.0-28J passes it successfully.

Last edited by MelonGx,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @E1ite007, I just found this randomly.