need an admin

Discussion in 'Site Discussions & Suggestions' started by tal32123, Jul 27, 2009.

Jul 27, 2009

need an admin by tal32123 at 7:45 PM (769 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. tal32123
    OP

Member tal32123 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    why do i have a 10% warning, is there any way for me to know? any way for me to make that go away?

2. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    You click on the 10% and it tells you. Also check your PM box, I dunno about everyone else but I usually tell people when I warn them.

The only way to make it go away is simply by behaving and maybe asking mod that gave it to you (in this case shaunj66) several months after the warn was given. He may remove it but he may also make it stick.

3. dice

Former Staff dice pansy-ass ex-staff member

United Kingdom
    The warn level is just a guide for staff (and I guess yourself to see where you stand with us). The higher the warn level, the more (serious the) rule breaks you've made and therefore the more likely your access to the forum will be blocked. Over a period of time if a member doesn't create any further problems (that earns another warn) a member of staff will remove it. This is done manually and so can happen at any moment but as a general rule*, we usually don't reduce for at least 3+ months.

* To be more specific, none of us are able to remember who's been given a warning and when so we usually assess your warning levels when see a greater than 0 percentage next to your post (the more active you are the more likely we'll be assessing your warning level - if you got a warning 2 years ago and haven't posted since then it'll probably remain the same percentage).

4. tj_cool

Supervisor tj_cool Stuff

Belgium
    wasn't there a thread for requesting warn removal?
    or was it deleted?

5. dice

Former Staff dice pansy-ass ex-staff member

United Kingdom
    It was removed, it was clear that A LOT of members would make requests without understanding/following the criteria that needed to met so it was done to save staff from any unnecessary hassle.