Hacking Need advice on playing NTSC/JAP titles

Veloxi

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've been running 3.3U NTSC for quite some time. Now the scene has started releasing tons of great JAP titles so I was forced to downgrade to 3.2U since 3.3 blocks trucha signed discs. This is great, but.. 3.3U ALSO played all my NTSC titles, and now 3.2 is giving me the "Update System" garbage on several games.

So the question is... is there either:

A. A running list of games and their required version of firmware to play
B. A way to play both my NTSC titles that require 3.3 while actually using 3.2 so I can also play imports without using Gecko/Loader/Etc, or
C. Any other advice?

I'm sure this has been talked about before, but I figured with the new JAP releases, other people may be curious as well!

Thanks in advance all.

nutta_nic

Trophies
XP
Country
run starfall and install the skip update check hack, then if any game needs new ios's then install manually with wadmanager

Veloxi

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
damn it... it doesn't work. i've been putting in disc after disc to see which ones i need to re-burn after removing updates and it looks like 80% need 3.3U

so i can't get starfall to make it past the "press B+2 to continue" screen, and i can only play 20% of my titles now.

happy new year!

nutta_nic

Trophies
XP
Country
read the agreement with starfall and you'll see you need to press b+1 not b+2 like it says at the bottom

Veloxi

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
... ha. whoops
smile.gif

thanks nutta_nic!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Broken condoms lead to broken hearts, won't someone think of the children!!! Lol