^^ndstitle-1218^^

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Why bother, it won't work at all. Unless somone create a patch for it.

You'd have to be a genious to get this to patch
laugh.gif
You can only get this to work with the ram cart as it gives the DS extra memory.

TheVirus

Trophies
XP
Country
Uganda
NO IT WILL NOT WORK.

NO IT WILL NEVER WORK.

IF YOU WANT IT, BUY IT!

Jesus, it's not possible. Not with built in memory, super XTRA G6 Lit3 or any of that. Stop asking.

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't see why this couldn't be made to work. Here's how it would work on the EZ Flash IV (because that's what I have and it now supports GBA Link).

1. Someone creates a .gba rom that fakes the RAM expansion pack.

2. When importing the browser .nds rom select the "Link to GBA cart" box with the client software.

3. Write the .gba rom to the NOR memory like you would to link a .gba rom with a .ds rom. The GBA rom would be written to take advantage of extra memory on your SD card.

4. Boot the .nds rom and it sees a memory expansion pack in the "GBA" slot since it was patched to allow GBA link.

Ender15

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't see why this couldn't be made to work. Here's how it would work on the EZ Flash IV (because that's what I have and it now supports GBA Link).

2. When importing the browser .nds rom select the "Link to GBA cart" box with the client software.

3. Write the .gba rom to the NOR memory like you would to link a .gba rom with a .ds rom. The GBA rom would be written to take advantage of extra memory on your SD card.

4. Boot the .nds rom and it sees a memory expansion pack in the "GBA" slot since it was patched to allow GBA link.

If you put it that way it would work on the M3 and G6 as well. >_>

Problem is, reading save files and game info is different from actively using RAM.

dude1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
if they found out what info is hidden on the ram cart they could dump it, edit it to point to the built-in 10mb of 32mb in an m3 and make that the gba file for linking
i think everyone says it cant be done because no ones found the location of the info on the ram cart which is obviously stored differently than a conventual gba game or else we would have a dump already

D

Deleted User

I don't even see the point of this program at all. All it could lead to is your DS being bricked by some virus somebody writes IMO. How big is the RAM cart anyway? I want to know if it is worth buying just for that and any future releases.

Julee

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
How are they going to brick the device..
To change firmware you would have to flash the device, that requires you to short it out...
if you mean erase your memory stick, thats sure possible but theres not going to be any real permanent damage done to it a format wont fix..
Highly doubt its possible to overwrite the firmware of the actual passkey device or the flashcart.

D

Deleted User

How are they going to brick the device..
To change firmware you would have to flash the device, that requires you to short it out...
if you mean erase your memory stick, thats sure possible but theres not going to be any real permanent damage done to it a format wont fix..
Highly doubt its possible to overwrite the firmware of the actual passkey device or the flashcart.

From what I have read Nintendo didn't anticipate the popularity of the homebrew scene and made part of the firmare 'flashable'. (I hear Mario Kart uses some of this memory in its WIFI portion of the game.) This means that some malicious script can be added to programs that permanently overwrite a portion of the firmware. This is true just go over to the maxconsole forum and read some of the horror stories over there. There are a couple of help me threads there and there is even now a virus checker called DSlazy to look for this type of malicious code in homebrew applications. I hear you can overcome this problem by having someone flash your device with Flashme V.7 or something like that. Check it out for yourself.
smile.gif

To put it simply just turning off your DS doesn't reset the firmware which is why it is a good idea to use the method I've suggested in conjunction with a Pass Me type device like SuperKey or whatever.

From maxconsole forums. Author FifthE1ement. (Many thanks to him/her.)
QUOTEMalware and Viruses:

A Bricker is a program that turns some nice piece of electronic into a useless hunk of plastic which in our case is a DS. A bricker works by overwriting the firmware on the device rendering it inoperable.

On October 7, 2005 DarkFader released the first bricker for the DS. The first version was disguised as a hentai slideshow and was not widely spread, however the second version was disguised as a loader for commercial ROMs and did major damage to many DS’s across the world.

The bricker overwrites the upper parts of the firmware as the lower layers are not accessible unless you short out the SL1 on the DS board. This means that if you have installed Flashme you have recovery code in the lower layers that will let you recover from the bricking. However if your DS has the original firmware on it, you’re stuck.

The original filenames of the first bricker’s for the DS are taihen.zip (548,673 bytes, CRC32 08AA2D30) and r0mloader.zip (151,361 bytes, CRC32 1EFB58BA) so be sure to be on the lookout for the files. You might find them in a Zipped archive or on another website disguised as something else so be sure to check the file size and zip code which are next to the filenames above.

If you have been a victim of a bricker and want to learn how to unbrick your DS or if you just want more information on the subject please visit the link below:

http://wiki.pocketheaven.com/DS_Bricker

Heinrisch

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't see why this couldn't be made to work.  Here's how it would work on the EZ Flash IV (because that's what I have and it now supports GBA Link).

3. Write the .gba rom to the NOR memory like you would to link a .gba rom with a .ds rom.  The GBA rom would be written to take advantage of extra memory on your SD card.

If you put it that way it would work on the M3 and G6 as well. >_>

Problem is, reading save files and game info is different from actively using RAM.

He did not say that it would read save files..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Laid at the party is fun unless you're in prison lol