TheChosenBanana

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Pliskron said:
I love this stylus. http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.32560
It's lite, has a good grip and control. I hold it near the tail end. It's so much better for games like brain age and Zelda than the stock stylus.
looks kinda big though,but only $1.82 with free shipping? I'll maybeee order it.
unsure.gif

TheChosenBanana

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Arm73 said:
Did you see the one for the DSi ?
NINDSi.jpg

That looks even better !
I sincerely hope they make one for the XL, after all those product are aimed at grown up users, the same kind that might be interested in an XL....
I really want one actually.....but it won't feet in the XL slot.......such a bam
frown.gif
Yeah it looks alot better then the dsl one..

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TheChosenBanana said:
Pliskron said:
I love this stylus. http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.32560
It's lite, has a good grip and control. I hold it near the tail end. It's so much better for games like brain age and Zelda than the stock stylus.
looks kinda big though,but only $1.82 with free shipping? I'll maybeee order it.
unsure.gif
It is big but the lightness makes up for the size. I would have had a much harder time beating the skating rink on spirit tracks if I didn't have it. You can't hold it on the rubber part though. you have to back up on the grip. It might be big if you have a DS fat but the lite and the DSi have bigger screens. One more thing if you get one with a little roughness on the tip rub it hard on some paper and it will smooth it right out.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Actually the first time I saw the one for the DS I fell in love, it's my favorite one.
I might get the one for the DSi and use it for the XL, I guess there is not much of a difference, just a few millimeters longer......

But this is the original stylus for the DS phat, havier and with a nice grip:

NINDS.JPG

TheChosenBanana

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Arm73 said:
Actually the first time I saw the one for the DS I fell in love, it's my favorite one.
I might get the one for the DSi and use it for the XL, I guess there is not much of a difference, just a few millimeters longer......

But this is the original stylus for the DS phat, havier and with a nice grip:

NINDS.JPG
yeah all of pro styluses look great.
yaynds.gif

Atashi

Out of the Loop
Trophies
Website
planetstephanie.net
XP
Country
Canada
I've just ordered the panache NDSL Pro stylus. I had a PDA Panache stylus for my pda way back when and it was a great bit of kit. Can't be beat for weight and feel, while still fitting in the proper slot.

I can't wait till it arrives!
smile.gif

-Atashi

TheChosenBanana

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Atashi said:
I've just ordered the panache NDSL Pro stylus. I had a PDA Panache stylus for my pda way back when and it was a great bit of kit. Can't be beat for weight and feel, while still fitting in the proper slot.

I can't wait till it arrives!
smile.gif

-Atashi
When you get it please let me know IS IT WORTH THE MONEY.
yay.gif

Atashi

Out of the Loop
Trophies
Website
planetstephanie.net
XP
Country
Canada
TheChosenBanana said:
yay.gif

It came in on Wednesday (very quick shipping!) I've been using it since then, trying to evaluate it. By comparison, I've used the original plastic stylus of course, and I tried the extending ones too. The extending ones were ok in that they felt a bit easier to use, being longer, but they were flimsy - even being careful, they started to get loose and wobbly and that made them worse than the little original one.

So for the NDSL Pro Stylus... pros and cons:

Pros: It's got weight to it, you can feel it in your hand. It's not flimsy. My hand doesn't get stiff/sore after using it for a length of time.

Cons: I don't think it fits tightly enough into the storage slot, though I have a replacement case on my DSL so this might be the fault of the case rather than the stylus. I'm not a fan of the bright chrome finish, but that's an aesthetic thing. It's still too small to be really comfortable, but that is a trade-off of making it fit in the DSL's storage slot.

I can't really comment on the tip material, though I have no reason to doubt that it's as good as they say.

As for the big question, is it worth the $15 + S&H... ultimately that's an individual decision. For some people I'm sure it is worth it. For others it is not. Eg. I would not give one of these to my 9-year old niece; she probably wouldn't notice the difference and wouldn't appreciate it. On the other hand, if my almost-80-year-old mum tells me that she gets a sore hand from using the stylus in her DSL then I would give her one of these without hesitation. The added weight makes it easier to use, without a doubt.

For me - no. I'd say it's good, but it's not $15 good. Personally, I feel it would be more-fairly priced at $10 rather than $15. Despite being solid metal and having the miracle wonder-tip and all that jazz, it's not as great as I hoped. Good, but not great.

-Atashi

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Atashi said:
As for the big question, is it worth the $15 + S&H... ultimately that's an individual decision. For some people I'm sure it is worth it. For others it is not. Eg. I would not give one of these to my 9-year old niece; she probably wouldn't notice the difference and wouldn't appreciate it. On the other hand, if my almost-80-year-old mum tells me that she gets a sore hand from using the stylus in her DSL then I would give her one of these without hesitation. The added weight makes it easier to use, without a doubt.

For me - no. I'd say it's good, but it's not $15 good. Personally, I feel it would be more-fairly priced at $10 rather than $15. Despite being solid metal and having the miracle wonder-tip and all that jazz, it's not as great as I hoped. Good, but not great.

-Atashi

You say that now but try using it for a couple weeks and then going back to the original.

gary2010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does anyone use the spare stylus that comes with the dsi xl its a big stylus and doesnt fit in the slot but it feels nice

G

GentleFist

well if it was something complicated where your not sure about the specs or how it works it might be hard to decide,

but u know its just a stylus a little stick or something theres nothing to decide, if you want it u buy it if you dont you dont,
and as simple as the object is theres a huge review that you posted yourself how can u not know if you want to buy a stylus

im okay with my standard standard stylus since its just used to play with a nds thats a toy in my opinion so it doesnt need to be fancy

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
gary2010 said:
does anyone use the spare stylus that comes with the dsi xl its a big stylus and doesnt fit in the slot but it feels nice
I do !
At first it was a bit intimidating, being that big and all, and my worst fear was that the thicker pen would actually hide important details on the touch screen.
But after using it for a while, it didn't actually get in the way that much, and it feels so much more comfortable to hold !
I admit I would have never dreamed to buy one, but since it came free and I started using it, it's pretty much the XL itself.......after playing it, you can't physically go back to the older models.

+ 1 for the larger stylus. And even though it doesn't fit in the slot, it's hard to loose being that big........and you can put a latch on it too.....
wink.gif

gary2010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah i just use the big stylus when i remember to lol im not really botherd about using it but games when you use the stylus alot the dsi xl stylus is nice to hold its like a normal sized pen

TheChosenBanana

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Atashi said:
TheChosenBanana said:
yay.gif

It came in on Wednesday (very quick shipping!) I've been using it since then, trying to evaluate it. By comparison, I've used the original plastic stylus of course, and I tried the extending ones too. The extending ones were ok in that they felt a bit easier to use, being longer, but they were flimsy - even being careful, they started to get loose and wobbly and that made them worse than the little original one.

So for the NDSL Pro Stylus... pros and cons:

Pros: It's got weight to it, you can feel it in your hand. It's not flimsy. My hand doesn't get stiff/sore after using it for a length of time.

Cons: I don't think it fits tightly enough into the storage slot, though I have a replacement case on my DSL so this might be the fault of the case rather than the stylus. I'm not a fan of the bright chrome finish, but that's an aesthetic thing. It's still too small to be really comfortable, but that is a trade-off of making it fit in the DSL's storage slot.

I can't really comment on the tip material, though I have no reason to doubt that it's as good as they say.

-Atashi
Thanks for keeping me updated. I should order it so I can know if I should order fancy things like that stylus for any other things other then the NDSL,you sure have alot more cons then pros..

Again,a big thanks.

Atashi

Out of the Loop
Trophies
Website
planetstephanie.net
XP
Country
Canada
TheChosenBanana said:
Thanks for keeping me updated. I should order it so I can know if I should order fancy things like that stylus for any other things other then the NDSL,you sure have alot more cons then pros..

Again,a big thanks.

I was trying to be fair, but I was a little bit disappointed. The product is ok, maybe my expectations were too high.
smile.gif

I'm still using it of course, it is superior to all the other styluses (stylii?) I have tried. I just think it's slightly overpriced.

Cheers!

-Atashi

sidenull

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always chew on my stylus so i think it would be a bad choice for anyone that does.
laugh.gif
Unless you like chewing on metal

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Being a snake lady probably makes shopping hard...