Gaming NDS remakes

Wanque

Trophies
Website
www.worldofwows.com
XP
Country
They're both pretty similar, I guess - and developed at the same company (although by totally different people).

Another World starts with the bloke getting transported into 'another world' during a malfunction at a particle accelerator. The first level includes that black monster you mention chasing him around, before he gets captured by some aliens.

Flashback begins with some guy escaping a spaceship on a hover-bike thing, and getting shot down. The first level is in a jungle with little droids and stuff.

In answer to this topic... I'd kill for someone to remake Exile for the DS.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
PSX games can be ported to the DS with the same graphics, sound and gameplay.. maybe even better..

I would love to see some PSX classics on the DS.. Tekken 3, Silent Hill, Metal Gear Solid.. and of course FF7 (although I doubt that it would fit on a DS cart :/)

evadwolrab

Trophies
XP
Country
They're both pretty similar, I guess - and developed at the same company (although by totally different people).

Another World starts with the bloke getting transported into 'another world' during a malfunction at a particle accelerator. The first level includes that black monster you mention chasing him around, before he gets captured by some aliens.

Flashback begins with some guy escaping a spaceship on a hover-bike thing, and getting shot down. The first level is in a jungle with little droids and stuff.

Ah right! Maybe I'm getting the two mixed up.
lecture.gif

I thought the guy went off on a hoverbike, got shot down and then the monster chased him. What a fool.
shy.gif

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico

Ah right! Maybe I'm getting the two mixed up.
lecture.gif

I thought the guy went off on a hoverbike, got shot down and then the monster chased him. What a fool.
shy.gif

lol
That would be my dream game
wub.gif

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
I want Tetris!!!!!!!!!!!!, err..... wait a minute...
Pokemon!!!!!!!!!!!!, err..... Castlevania!!!!!
Contra!!!, no no no....
Super Mario 64!!!!!!!!! argh.... I got it:
Monkey Island!
Mmm... Ok seriously, Ocarina of Time

furfoot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Jet Grind Radio
Crazy Taxi
Flashback
Ultima 7
Psycho Pinball
Civ 2 Multiplayer
Power stone 2 (with wifi please)
Marvel vs Capcom 2
SFIII Third Strike
Garou - Mark of the Wolves
Syndicate
X-Com
Tie fighter

Cocodrilo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The Legend of Zelda:OoT would not be techically possible?
Would a such game really fit nds game card (that is around 1Gbit), and also, can ds handle such big 3d world? (btw, correct me if im wrong xD)

EDIT: Changed 128mbit to 1Gbit ...
shy.gif

looneyboy784

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Legend of Zelda:OoT would not be techically possible?
Would a such game really fit nds game card (that is around 128Mbit), and also, can ds handle such big 3d world? (btw, correct me if im wrong  xD)

Well it is possible but unlikely. The DS hardware is about inline with the n64's hardware powerwise. Also the OoT rom is smaller than many DS roms. The DS has produced games like Metroid Prime Hunters which is very detailed and has fairly extensive worlds. This is not to say the game would not take massive porting to make it work on the DS.

EDIT:
I forgot to mention that porting the controls might be the hardest part as they are very dependand on lots of button.

looneyboy784

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ocarina of Time was just 32 MB if I remember correctly. So it's VERY likely.

If this was a response to my post, my reasoning for saying it is unlikely is that is is avalible as a virtual console game (Mario 64 was on the ds before it wass a VC game) And they are releasing a new zelda game and they dont want to compete with their own product.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok thanks, I love my X but have not messed with a S yet.