Hacking NDS Pirating getting too rampant?

flai

Androgynous Apparently :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'd like to see ll these people that say they buy alot of DS original games prove it with a picture of their collection... I admit I only own 1 original ds game.

who here saied we buy a lot? i BUY the games i like, not any junk thats shows up.

Plus a game doesnt cost 60$ to make, so paying 60$ for one game isnt much, if you just look at how much it COSTS to make one.
Oh and dont forget a good game, deserves a good sequel... and will there be a good sequel? That depends on US buying their produts to sustain them.

The guys that make games do need food on their table as well.... imagine someone robbing your job, would you enjoy it?

EDIT

God, another one of these.
Look, every person who uses flash carts is a pirate.
It does not matter if you use it for trial run of games.
The fact of the matter is that you'r downloading copyrighted material freely and illegally and then using it.
If you want to trial run things, go out and rent something.
If you're so worried about Nintendo's bottom line (which, mind you, is effected very little by the pirate community) then sell your flash cart and go out and rent/buy the games you download "just to try".

I cant rent games, in Portugal we dont have such places. So how can i try games first? by BUYING THEM, but i'm not rich... therefor i use my card to try it first. Pretty Simple.

Plus USA isnt the whole world, not everywhere we have Game Rental Shops.

I don't believe for a second that you download games just to try them and if you like it you go out and buy it. It kind of defeats the purpose don't you think? You said your not rich yet you have money to buy a flashcart, passcard+whatever else you need, just to try games and you still buy original games? You are lying.

The Teej

Also known as The Tjalian
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
zeldapower.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
If you want to trial run things, go out and rent something.

Only problem being in my town I'd have to walk a good hour and a half to a store just to rent some DS title for a couple of nights. My nearest blockbuster doesn't offer any Nintendo-Related system rentals, and those are the only 2 rental stores around in my town.

I refuse to go out of town to take out a few night rental on a DS game I might not even like.

Synergy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to see ll these people that say they buy alot of DS original games prove it with a picture of their collection... I admit I only own 1 original ds game.

I've got 15+ games, and I've even sold some of them. I'll post my collection when I get home.

I'm still a pirate - I download stuff to run on my flashcart. Arrrrr, matey! No one hear can say they don't, sometimes all the tapdancing around the issue is completely annoying. There's no legality in "trying" something. It's still pirating, period.

I think I'm in the minority here, but I really actually use my flashcart to play games I own as well. Rather than dragging that many carts around, I can have it all in one spot. I certainly do download new stuff to play and try, and I enjoy homebrew, but I buy DS games on a very regular basis. I like to have the boxes. I guess I'm a collector.

id242

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're so worried about Nintendo's bottom line [...] then sell your flash cart and go out and rent/buy the games you download "just to try".

"then sell your flash cart" ??? so someone else (who might be an even bigger pirate, but just doesn't know it yet) can take-over your pirating job?

you sir, sound like a Ninja!

either way, there are plenty of people who use flash carts for watching downloaded videos, book reading, mp3 listening or just simply a way of having all of their legally owned games on one single cart, instead of having to carry around 10 or even 20 carts around with them. For me.

Im already unhappy that I need to carry around an extra cart just to use the ram-expansion pack for if i choose to use the ds-browser.

...And yes, I own close to 70 games for the DS (mostly purchased from gamestop), which ironically enough, Nintendo never see any of that money either... nor is it piracy.

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I never claimed I didn't pirate, that'd be idiotic. But I do support games I like by purchasing them. They're a couple bucks for christ sakes...as are flashcarts. You gotta pay to play, goes true for all situations.

Synergy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I can’t stand the Robin Hood argument for pirating.

“Oh, I can’t afford to pay full price for games.”

Then don’t fucking buy games! Find another, cheaper hobby if it’s that dire. It’s not like you’re stealing water, food or electricity. I pirate, but I think people who try to explain it away as a necessity are morons. There is no moral high ground, so stop trying. It’s not like Nintendo has forced you to pirate games to live.

Flash carts and passme devices aren’t cheap, either.

This isn’t the French Revolution people; it’s wanting to play games for free. End of story.

ozone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pretty much everyone can tell the difference between right and wrong, black and white. alot of ds and gba pirates doubt their ability to do this because its such a gray subject. lets say you're someone who does think that this piracy is rampant, that is opinion and not fact. even if nintendo thinks flashcards are being used for piracy they still need to prove that in a court of law before they can make it illegal to own one. they tried to take away our game genies once and we all know how that turned out.

flai

Androgynous Apparently :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So you can buy a game from Gamestop and Nintendo never see that money or you could pirate, not have to pay, and Nintendo never see that money either. I rest my case.

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
So who's winning in this neverending debate...
The Good Pirates
or
The Bad Pirates
?

..or are you all just a bunch of pirates?

Well, gotta go polish me leg and shine me hook!
I hope this topic enlightens somebody!

HugeCock

Oh My....
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Didn't the NES come out at $100 dollars and each game was $20 a pop....5 games cost the same as the system.....by that logic we have been getting screwed our whole life. Sorry I see a major flaw in that logic. I have to go by what the guys at RockStar said....most gamers think a game like GTA3 cost a few hundred thousand when in reality it cost them several million....and the fact that nobody knows how many will sell I hardly see it fair for anyone NOT making games to put a price tag on a game. Anyway agree there is no justice in defending the try before you buy argument. The only HONEST reason to own a flash cart I guess would be movies, mp3s and bookreading.

Me? I am a pirate to the bone. I normally don't buy a system unless I can mod it. If I can't and I need the system I just rent till I can mod. Systems like the DS that often don't allow you to rent....before flash carts I would buy used. Ironically as soon as flash carts came out I was able to sell 20 used games and buy a flash cart and have never purchased a game since (except for the few that I dumped for myself cause nobody had dumped them yet). Great thing about that is I can now dump IN THE STORE!! LOL I love watching their faces as I sell the game 30 seconds later. Is piracy rampent? I guess that's what the real topic is.....no...I have YET to come across a hand full of gamers who know about piracy on the DS. The few that do...didn't even know where to get the flash kits. So no I don't think it's rampent.

leetdood

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I haven't posted in a while, but I was checking out the releases, and I have to say... I don't think piracy is hurting Nintendo. I also don't think games are over-priced. I mean, think about how much money went into Mario 3 on 3.

I don't buy much games myself, because of a lack of cash flow. However, I am not justifying my piracy by saying that I need to play games and I can't afford to buy them. I am saying that I AM a pirate because I just can't pay $40-$80 for every game I would like to play. I buy what I can.

Piracy is also good for Nintendo in some ways. I'd have to say it hurts more than it helps, but it DOES help. People try games they'd have never rented, then post feedback on the forum, allowing people to consider buying the product. While this is a terrible explanation, I hope you understand the gist of it.

YAAAR. Pirates forever!

Xeronage

Trophies
XP
Country
You're also forgetting one thing, Kiddies that use pirate, do this because their parents won't buy them the games. So they resort to pirating, if it didn't exist, they wouldn't have the game at all

Thus, This lowers the effect it has on the gaming industry by about 40%

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I do my best to buy the games that are just outstanding but I'm still a college student and I can only put aside so much for games.

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You're also forgetting one thing, Kiddies that use pirate, do this because their parents won't buy them the games. So they resort to pirating, if it didn't exist, they wouldn't have the game at all

Thus, This lowers the effect it has on the gaming industry by about 40%

Hmmm, kids are getting smarter these days I guess. And parents should really stay on top of that in general. On a sidenote, this thread just reminds me of all the other threads where idiots complain that they can't get sleep mode to work properly after flashing because they don't own 1 legitimate game....that's worse than pathetic.....same as people with a psp complaining that devhook needs a umd in the drive because they haven't even bought 1 game.

GouK

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Truthfully, the game creators & big companies like Nintendo have been overcharging us for YEARS & YEARS. F them. I can see making a profit but what they charge is RETARDED!!! $500 + for a console!? $60 + for one game, that might suck & have no replay abliltiy? Sorry. They have been raping us for YEARS. The same goes for the record companies.Â

MAKE IT AFFORDABLE & the regular Joes that work hard for a living might be able to afford a little fun.

(I'm referring to the prices of ALL consoles. Not only Nintendo)

Prices go up for games because of PIRACY. You are adding fuel to your own fire.

Smuff

Fossilized Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
I say it again, "I Just don't care"
nyanya.gif

I do it because I choose to do it and I can do it - and anyone who says otherwise and tries to justify it in any way whatsoever is talking out of their tradesman's entrance.
"Can't afford it" ??? - then go without.... it's only a video game after all; you are not going to die if you don't play Mario Hoops 3 on 3, I can assure you.

If you can't afford a car, is it then justifiable to steal someone else's to get around ?

How about if you steal a car "to see if you like it", and if you do then you'll go out and buy one yourself.... Is that morally justifiable ?

We are kidding ourselves if we think anything other than "We are naughty boys and girls who will burn in the fires of hell"
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!