Homebrew NDS Music Player

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
kazo I think I may have seen you asking for a corrupted array somewhere...

Backslashes as suggested aren't cross platform, but rather just slashes (/), also, why didn't you just read the current dir into a variable?

/* read a directory */
char cur_dir;

function read_dir() {
cur_dir = (Path.GetPathRoot(filePaths[0]) + "/data/NDS Music Player/");
}

if (!Directory.Exists( read_dir(cur_dir) )
{
doesn't exists..
}

else
{
does exist..
}

Assuming directory.exists is a custom function which will look into the given directory inside.

Of course this is pseudo C, but the "directory seek" should happen once you call read_dir();, this might not be correct at all, but I think it is a good idea..

coolness

PSN: Dutch_DarkLord
Banned
Trophies
Website
dutchmw3.webs.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
WORKS LIKE A CHARM
biggrin.gif

somethime the menu freeze but that is no prob for me
tongue.gif

your like a God KazoWAR
tongue.gif
xd

Prof. 9

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
This is very nice, I've been wanting something like this for a while.

Some issues I ran into:
- When playing a new BGM, some tracks of the old one don't stop playing until they're overwritten by the new BGM's, so the start of the new BGM sounds ugly.
- In fact, there is no way at all to stop playing something.
- Some BGMs crash at Loading WAVEARC1, the last step. One BGM that does this consistently is the very first SSEQ in The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks.
- SPS Maker crashed on Professor Layton and the Unwound Future for me.
- My Pokémon Ranger 3 ROM had an "é" character in it, this caused an error when trying to load it in NDS Music Player (it showed up as Pok?mon).

EDIT: - Pressing Left/Right to navigate the file list lets me scroll right past the last entry and into black space (this doesn't crash the homebrew, though).

EDIT2: - Sonic Colours produces 10 SPSs, though they all work more or less, in SONICCOLORS 2.sps the main instrument in 2act1, 2act2, 6act1 and 6act2 fail to play.

KazoWAR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Prof. 9 said:
This is very nice, I've been wanting something like this for a while.

Some issues I ran into:
- When playing a new BGM, some tracks of the old one don't stop playing until they're overwritten by the new BGM's, so the start of the new BGM sounds ugly.
- In fact, there is no way at all to stop playing something.
- Some BGMs crash at Loading WAVEARC1, the last step. One BGM that does this consistently is the very first SSEQ in The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks.
- SPS Maker crashed on Professor Layton and the Unwound Future for me.
- My Pokémon Ranger 3 ROM had an "é" character in it, this caused an error when trying to load it in NDS Music Player (it showed up as Pok?mon).

EDIT: - Pressing Left/Right to navigate the file list lets me scroll right past the last entry and into black space (this doesn't crash the homebrew, though).

EDIT2: - Sonic Colours produces 10 SPSs, though they all work more or less, in SONICCOLORS 2.sps the main instrument in 2act1, 2act2, 6act1 and 6act2 fail to play.

thanks for the info, ill look in to it.

Villermen

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Really sir, I owe you.

There's just 2 little things I encountered:
1: Sometimes when I load a sequence while playing another one, it halts at something with wavearc.
2: Theres no é's allowed for games, (like pokémon) it displays that it can't find the file.

Gr.Villermen

Dirbaio

Trophies
Website
dirbaio.net
XP
Country
Great work, man =D
Most musics play awesome, some don't work.

You should improve the way you find the SDAT, though. It's too slow, and it doesn't detect multiple SDAT files (For example I can only play music from the minigames in the NSMB ROM because their SDAT is first in the ROM).

You could use this code from NSMB Editor DS to read the Nitro Filesystem. Or implement your own.

(Please note that my code is licensed under the GPL)

KazoWAR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dirbaio said:
Great work, man =D

You should improve the way you find the SDAT, though. It's too slow, and it doesn't detect multiple SDAT files (For example I can only play music from the minigames in the NSMB ROM because their SDAT is first in the ROM).

You could use this code from NSMB Editor DS to read the Nitro Filesystem. Or implement your own.

I think you used the old version, look for v1.0 link near end of original post.

caitsith2

Trophies
a secret location 93 million miles from the sun
Website
www.caitsith2.com
XP
Country
Canada
***EDIT 1***
Worked out stopping the sequence. Push X to stop sequence altogether. Also now properly free the sequence when a new sequence is played, so no more out of memory crashes, unless the seq+bnk+war is > 3.75MB or so. (limit of ram in DS).

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20737085/NDS_Music_Player_1.0.rar

KazoWar: Feel free to base future code off of this version, or merge in the changes to your code base.

***EDIT 2***
Loop start/end implemented. Some sequences just stopped suddenly without it.

caitsith2

Trophies
a secret location 93 million miles from the sun
Website
www.caitsith2.com
XP
Country
Canada
Started looking a little further into this SEQ player. As a result, less tracks now sound like crap, because per SEQ channel ADSR settings are now supported. (You will notice this quite a bit in FF4, along with a few other games.) Also hit an instance where the master volume was set to 0, and of course, the player does NOT reset it back to default on new track start. Fixed (Noticed this with Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Tales). Also, loop is actually implemented correctly now. (caused a few tracks to never start playing.) (Noticed this with FF4).

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20737085/NDS_Music_Player_1.0b.rar

Dirbaio

Trophies
Website
dirbaio.net
XP
Country
KazoWAR said:
Dirbaio said:
Great work, man =D

I think you used the old version, look for v1.0 link near end of original post.

Yes, you're right, sorry
tongue.gif

I see now the multiple SDAT issue is fixed. Cool
smile.gif

Still, I see now the thing itself is not standalone. Could you make it standalone again as in the first version?
biggrin.gif
If not, it kind of looses the point of being a DS app...

loco365

Trophies
XP
caitsith2 said:
Started looking a little further into this SEQ player. As a result, less tracks now sound like crap, because per SEQ channel ADSR settings are now supported. (You will notice this quite a bit in FF4, along with a few other games.) Also hit an instance where the master volume was set to 0, and of course, the player does NOT reset it back to default on new track start. Fixed (Noticed this with Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Tales). Also, loop is actually implemented correctly now. (caused a few tracks to never start playing.) (Noticed this with FF4).

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20737085/NDS_Music_Player_1.0b.rar
I went and took a look at it. It looks good so far. I have only 2 concerns.

1. Some sounds terminate incorrectly. For the best example of this, listen to SEQ_TOWN2_D.sseq in a Pokemon Diamond or Pearl rom.
2. There is no Square support. None of the songs that use 8-bit sounds from the system itself will play correctly. The best example of this is any and all GB Sounds themes in HGSS. Not even VGMtrans has this support and if it is added to this, that would be awesome and this program would be complete in my eyes.

loco365

Trophies
XP
caitsith2 said:
Songs that use multiple Wave Archives are now playing back correctly, other than if they are using commands not yet implemented. Club House Games is a good example of a game that has SSEQ using multiple wave archives.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20737085/NDS_Music_Player_1.0c.rar
Yay. I'm in bed atm on my 3DS, so I'll check it out in the morning (if my computer doesn't die when I insert the SD card, that is.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    from the perspective that the original audience that saw it as kids are now grown adults
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I heard the original comic books were as dark as that
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    it's called the last ronin
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    while that was a kid-friendly endeavor, this new take will adapt the story Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Last Ronin. The outlet notes that this new iteration is being written by “Tyler Burton Smith, who co-wrote the upcoming R-rated action movie Boy Kills World and who wrote the 2019 iteration of Chucky horror franchise Child’s Play.”
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    The film, titled ‘The Last Ronin,’ will be targeted at adults and promises a high-body count tale
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I grew up with the 2012 show
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    so yeah, they're will be lots of kills
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    so kinda like how they went r rated in the Loan movie for wolverine
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    and remember that time when someone had the idea to make scooby doo r rated?
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    where shaggy is a stoner and a pothead?
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    that's a true story
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Mondooooo, the first scooby doo live action film?
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    it's cancelled and not in the works anymore
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    they kinda implied it, and joked about it in the cartoon attorney harvey birdman
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    im gonna binge watch metalocalypse, any tips?
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @Xdqwerty yeah in th elive action Shaggy meets a girl that introduces herself as "Mary jane" shaggy responds "thats my favorite name"
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    damn
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    the james gunn scooby doo is wild
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, it also had several deleted scenes
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    i wish someone could remake it or leak the footage
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    it would be the best discovery known to mankind
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    i will be eating dinner at 5:00pm
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @Xdqwerty were the deleted scenes significant?
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    so im just killing some time
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    what were they about?
    S @ salazarcosplay: what were they about?