Homebrew NDS Music Player

loco365

Trophies
XP
Fishaman P said:
ron975 said:
Gonna try it now, it looks pretty awesome.

EDIT: The file browser is buggy, and it can't read all the folders on my MSD, including the one with my roms in it.
You stole every single word right out of my mouth.
I second this. I can't view many files on the root of my MSD and using folders completely screws it all up. I'm looking forward to an update with bug-free browsing.
smile.gif

coolness

PSN: Dutch_DarkLord
Banned
Trophies
Website
dutchmw3.webs.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I love it
biggrin.gif

EDIT:while loading the SDAT somethime it hang, and i cannot scroll see all my games i only see my games that are down and i cannot scroll up
and can you make a progress bar in this homebrew so the user can see if it hangs or not?
using akaio 1.8.8 can you fix this bug Kazowar

KazoWAR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There has been some improvement since the file I have uploaded. I am kinda waiting until it is perfect, like I said in the OP I just got kinda excited I got it to actually play any music off a ROM. I guess I should have only uploaded the video but I thought it would be nice for other to test it with there own ROMs they wish to hear music from. Think of this as like a super early sneak peak of a totally unfinished and shouldn't even have been released beta version.

avenir

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
argh... I thought my extlink version was almost complete, but I noticed my sdatexpand.exe doesn't support multiple sdat nds... damn

avenir

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems I was a little faster...
Also this version has "stop playing" feature...

1. get 2 files
http://sourceforge.net/projects/lactlib/fi...oMusicPlayer.7z
http://sourceforge.net/projects/lactlib/files/nds/xenobox.7z

2. put nms.NitroMusicPlayer.7z to /moonshl2/extlink and put xenobox.exe to your PC's $PATH

3. open cmd.exe
[Windows]
X: (X is your card reader's drive)
xenobox sdatexpand i nds/name.nds nms/name.nms
[Unix]
chdir /media/TF_Volume/
xenobox sdatexpand i nds/name.nds nms/name.nms

In sh(or bash), you can use this script:
for file in nds/*.nds;do echo $file;nms=${file%%.nds}.nms;xenobox sdatexpand i $file nms/${nms#nds/};done

4. open nms in MoonShell2 or XenoFile

sdatexpand (nms generator) is kinda buggy... tell me any trouble.

[edit] added nds banner...

[edit2] about multiple sdat, "the largest one which has at least 1 sseq" is picked up...

KazoWAR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK I released version 1.0. It should be a lot less buggy, but still not perfect. I used Team Fails idea and made a .sps file that is a shortcut file that is generated on your computer using SPS Maker.

I pretty much removed .nds loading and my file browser. It is now locked to /data/NDS Music Player/ and shows the list of .sps files. The files uses the games title name, example "POKEMON B.sps".

This version prints stuff to the screen at each little step, in case of a freeze try to tell me what you where doing and the last line on the screen.

Also there is a little bug I am trying to work out where my string for the nds path is corrupted. If you get something like this, pressing B and trying to open the sps file again seems to solve it.

BadString.png

KazoWAR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
coolness said:
cannot run sps maker via linux ubuntu
while using wine is there another option for this?

I am sorry, the program is written in C#. If it is not working in wine there might be nothing you can do.

coolness

PSN: Dutch_DarkLord
Banned
Trophies
Website
dutchmw3.webs.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
KazoWAR said:
coolness said:

I am sorry, the program is written in C#. If it is not working in wine there might be nothing you can do.

ah too bad i while try my luck at school tomorrow, maybe i can run it there

2-bias

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Woah, when i read the title of this thread i thought this would be some lame "What's the best Player for DS?" thread and i totally ignored it. But today i though "why is this a 3 pages thread now?" and i give it a look.

And now i must say this is an awesome piece of work and i'm glad that i looked into this thread. Keep up
yaynds.gif

Edit: Oh and can you add special chars? Like the é in Pokémon or the german chars ä,Ä,ö,Ö,ü,Ü,ß.

avenir

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Argh... anyone doesn't comment to my extlink version...

coolness said:
KazoWAR said:
coolness said:

ah too bad i while try my luck at school tomorrow, maybe i can run it there

KazoWAR, you shouldn't use
Code:
if (!Directory.Exists(Path.GetPathRoot(filePaths[0]) + "data\\NDS Music Player\\"))
but use
CODEif (!Directory.Exists(Path.GetPathRoot(filePaths[0]) + "data/NDS Music Player/"))
instead.

Also I'm analyzing SPS format (lol) so I hope my sdatexpand will be able to output it.

#And yes, as I expected, your SDAT handling is very awful. You don't read NitroFS table but read the whole file every 4 bytes, which is too slow. And multiple sdats games cannot be parsed correctly (such as Monster Racers)

QUOTE(2-bias @ Sep 5 2011, 08:11 AM)
Edit: Oh and can you add special chars? Like the é in Pokémon or the german chars ä,Ä,ö,Ö,ü,Ü,ß.
Perhaps MoonShell + nms.NitroMusicPlayer.nds combo will meet.

[edit] Already found several bugs in SPS Maker form1.cs, which occurs segmentation fault with corrupted sdats.

Omega_2

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Dude, that front page has HAD you listed as KozoWAR, lol.
Also, I'm gonna get this even if it takes me all night(on dialup
ohnoes.png
)

EDIT: Nvm, AW fixed it XD

EDIT 2: I am happy now. I don't need to lug around my .2sf mp3's now XD
Btw, doing a DS reset when it runs out of memory forcibly turns it off(normal?), but it appears to do nothing to harm the unit(might look into this when I can find my old ds phat, since it lacks touch capability and is therefore expendable.

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Avenir, i really don't know why you get ignored in this thread. I always appreciated every single project you made and any help you provided was efficient.

I will test you extlink version when i get spare time.
wink.gif

drake7707

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
QUOTE said:
if (!Directory.Exists(Path.GetPathRoot(filePaths[0]) + "data/NDS Music Player/"))

No you should use

CODEstring path = Path.Combine(Path.GetPathRoot(filePaths[0]), "data", "NDS Music Player");
if(!Directory.Exists)
{

}
That way it will always work regardless of the platform you're running .NET on

2-bias

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
avenir said:
Argh... anyone doesn't comment to my extlink version...

2-bias said:
Perhaps MoonShell + nms.NitroMusicPlayer.nds combo will meet.

I'll give it a try later but i think i will fail with that comandline stuff and doing it for all files doesn't sound good too.
I am a huge fan of extlink stuff because it works with BagPlug on my DSTwo too and a combination of your tools would be great. So that i can select a game in BagPlug and choose between starting it with EOS or open it with the Player.

KazoWAR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
avenir said:
Also I'm analyzing SPS format (lol) so I hope my sdatexpand will be able to output it.

It is simple. First 4 bytes is SSEQCount, next 4 is offset of the name entries, next 4 is the offset of the file offsets/size. after that is the char count for the nds path then the string. after that is a list of all the SSEQ names, where it is char count then string. lastly is the file offsets/size. it is 4byte offset, 4byte size for SSEQ, BANK, WAVEARC1, WAVEARC2, WAVEARC3, WAVEARC4.

avenir said:
#And yes, as I expected, your SDAT handling is very awful. You don't read NitroFS table but read the whole file every 4 bytes, which is too slow. And multiple sdats games cannot be parsed correctly (such as Monster Racers)

I am still unable to figure out how to find a SDAT file in the FNT and then find its offset in the FAT, so instead I read the FAT and test the first 4 bytes in the file and look for "SDAT". It is not that slow, it sounded like you where saying I read the entire NDS file looking for "SDAT". it also supports multiple SDATs. Granted I was only able to test it out on games I have, so there might be problems with some games I could not test myself.

QUOTE(avenir @ Sep 5 2011, 01:36 AM)
Already found several bugs in SPS Maker form1.cs, which occurs segmentation fault with corrupted sdats.

I am not sure what you are saying here. So there is some kind of error when you use a corrupted sdat? then try not to use a corrupted sdat.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill