Hacking NDS Lite Replacement Shells are coming

tatumanu

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
What id really would love about theese replacement shells is that they would fix the control pad and the buttons to be more responsive.. i think one of the biggest problems with the ds lite is the fact that the diagonals of the control pad really dont work well and the buttons arent very responsive when yur playing games like mario kart, the acceleration A button doesnt work if yu dont keep it pressed really hard. if they fix thoose engenerring problems, now THAT b sumthing really cool. ooo and although the glossy cover looks superb, design wise, it kinda such when yur playing cause doesnt grip to yur hands.

neojei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I kinda hope they take out the DS logo in the front, lol. If I were to adhere some skin I made myself I wouldn't want a bump right in the middle.

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
They updated their page with a new image... looks pretty cool... I kinda wish I had a cracked DS lite to warrant a purchase kakakakaka...

http://www.nds-central.com/

777.jpg

neojei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Their site now has a forum open, lol was updated on the 11th. Hope more news comes soon. I can't wait.

Deaddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I looked through the entire installation guide, I'm sure I could handle it but I don't see how they can expect the average joe/kid to be able to pull this off. Freakin complicated!

neojei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am not sure. i've taken mine apart before, its rather complicated, especially my first time. I didn't pop out the top screen tho, thing was like glued in didn't want to damage anything, lol. But I'd say the hardest parts are the top screen, and the antenna cable for wifi, taking it out and slipping it back under, was afraid I'd cut a trace or something, lol.

neojei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the double post, but nds-central has updated their website. Released some interesting news such as the top outter screen will not have the DS Logo on it, and they say it will be fully customizable.

Deaddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think making the swap would easily introduce particles of dust and stuff under the screens, that would suck.

thieves like us

chaos personified
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think making the swap would easily introduce particles of dust and stuff under the screens, that would suck.
it's not too bad, if you use a can of compressed air prior to affixing the upper clear screen in place. I just replaced an original ds case and it was full of dust. removed the upper screen plastic and shot it with air prior to replacing it and no dust whatsoever now.

neojei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update www.nds-central.com. The black case looks friggin awesome. I was gonna do what they did with the buttons cept use my white buttons, but that looks so friggin awesome.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the acemagic still
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, I haven't turn on my OG Xbox one in ages, just did now and ofcourse, 32GB update required, gonna take forever.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Edit: nevermind, I forgot I up-ed my internet speed, only 30 min remaining.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Will a mobo with a M2ssd slot work without a M2ssd installed, using a sata ssd temporary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    As long as sata just point bios to boot to it as main drive
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Is that a compilation of you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    M.2 is more of a luxury you can still boot from Ide if you really wanted to
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I mean as long as the motherboard still has sata ports unless you're still in celeron days
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    wut
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh it has Sata 3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It should still have a Bootable option in bios select drive
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    whats sata?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How you were born
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sata is the type of interface/cable connection of hard drives/disc drives for Pc.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't tell them about old bank drives may explode
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mini pcs in the 70's
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    128kbs of storage
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do I connect this to my emachine
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The Tattooist of Auschwitz is pretty good so far