NDS Lite Replacement Shells are coming

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Arnold Schwarzen, Aug 9, 2006.

Aug 9, 2006
  1. Arnold Schwarzen
    OP

Member Arnold Schwarzen GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    http://www.nds-central.com/

So far they appear to look just like the real thing, like the Phat replacement shells. What's interesting is that there's gonna be 3 new colors: yellow, red, and clear as well as some of the original colors. These will be great for those wishing to switch colors, wanting a different color (that noone else has), or if you want to replace your old broken one but can't send it to Nintendo or take it back to the store.

2. kvad

Member kvad GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Anyone bought a replacement shell from these guys before? Most of the time these things tend to end up feeling like cheap plastic crap.

3. Arnold Schwarzen
    OP

Member Arnold Schwarzen GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    They aren't out yet but Xtreme Enterprise should be releasing them by the end of the month or early in the month of September. I don't think it's fair to judge before testing out the shells either and it's true the third party replacement for the Phat was a bit softer than the original DS shell but from what I've read, only a bit. Xtreme say that their SHOCK! are made from "extremely high quality and durable" shells, which I beleive they will be.

I don't even know if they also made the Phat shells floating around on eBay but they may actually be a different company. Can't wait to see some pics of the new colors soon [​IMG]!

4. fatfree

Newcomer fatfree Advanced Member

I hope they offer them without the clear outter part, but replaced with the same plastic matted material. The clear outter part is just too ugly when finger prints are all over it, and high maintenance to keep it clean.

I'm looking forward for these shells, and hope they are CHEAP in price~!!

5. Orc

Member Orc ‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)

Hong Kong
    Hmmm nice, appears they're gonna release a clear shell too and I just dreamt about that just now. DS lite guts! DS lite guts!

6. beedog19

Member beedog19 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I just hope that they include everything that you need to take the case apart in the kit, don't wanna have to look around for everything. Look great tho, maybe I won't have to make up a reason to return my lite now.

7. neojei

Member neojei GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Probably have everything but the triwing screw driver. I recommend just getting a 3/64 jeweler slotted craftsman screwdriver from sears, unlimited lifetime warranty [​IMG]

8. bruceleroy06

Member bruceleroy06 GBAtemp Regular

United States
  9. Orc

Member Orc ‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)

Hong Kong
    I just realized there is no green there. :/ It would be awesome if you could buy them piece buy piece too (buttons only, top shell only, etc.) because if there was green there, I'd get red, blue, yellow and green buttons and make it look like the Super Famicom button scheme.

10. Spikey

Member Spikey Your Special Someone

United States
    If the black color looks anything like the official Black Version of the DS Lite, I just might pick one up. [​IMG] Or... I can keep my Navy one I have already...

11. fatfree

Newcomer fatfree Advanced Member

I had the same exact thought when I got my DS Lite. I was looking around for XBox micro controllers, but the buttons all seem a bit too big. I was going to ghetto rig it if it was same sized.

12. science

Member science science rules

Canada
    Clear seems awesome! Can't wait!

13. neojei

United States
    Gonna get black and white and use black for the outside, and white for the inside, with black buttons on the inside, and white buttons on the outside, should look uberly sexy or like a soccer ball, thats still pretty sexy i think to some people.

14. science

Canada

Nice idea! But I don't think theyll sell them like that, they'd probably sell the whole kit, so you'd have to buy 2 kits.

15. beedog19

Member beedog19 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I currently have a white dsl and am thinking of doing something similar. Possibly alternating black and white with white top, black inside with white buttons on the inside and black on the outside, and black g6 lite. I think I'm gonna just have to experiment a little, may do black outer top, white upper screen, black bottom screen and white bottom.

16. fatman711

Newcomer fatman711 Member

if you go to the market page, it says $34.90

17. neojei

United States
    Yeah' I'm going to buy two kits, it'll be worth it being the only one in my area with it. I'm still debating now though if i should go with black or navy blue. My favorite color is blue, but black and white is sexy too. Also I hope someone resells em for a lot cheaper than theyre offering on their site. Those DS Phat replacement shells sell for like 1$ on ebay, and like a couple bux on psxbox.net. I hope its somewhere around that same area.

18. Darkforce

Former Staff Darkforce DERP!

United Kingdom
    These replacement cases look awesome, I'm particulary keen on seeing what the Red, Black and Clear ones turn out like ^^. Too bad they don't plan to offer any other colours yet... I'd love to see some transparent coloured cases.

$35 seems a tad steep for a shell but then the moulds cost a crazy amount of money to make so prices are gonna be high at first. Regardless, it's good to see someone finally offer them.

[​IMG]

19. science

Canada
  20. neojei

United States
    I'll wait a bit for the prices to go down. Yeah I guess the molds could cost a bunch to make, but 35$ is too much for an empty shell. Maybe if they threw in a cheap sox case for the DS Lite, lol.