xeronut

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.romhacking.net
XP
Country
United States
All of the Final Fantasy games you listed at the least boot up and play for the first 5 minutes or so - I just sat here and tested them with default settings. So long as frame skip 2 doesn't bother you, it's quite a nice purchase I think (seeing as it runs everything but commercial ROMs, as well as movies and music). I've been quite pleased with mine at least. Bear in mind though, you'll burn through a battery quickly on a DSi; just a heads up
smile.gif

-EDIT- - You beat me to it, DarthTheufel. Thanks for that link too - that answers a few other questions for me. The more I mess with this emulator, the more I'm convinced it's a gpSP port.

ndd114

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi ... does this work on the R ..... just kidding ....

I just wanted to get your attention.

I bought the iplayer card, updated, and installed the gba-player. However, the card will not recognize the .gba files? Does anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong?

The instructions say - 3rd, Copy the whole NDS-GBA folder and files into /_system/

I've tried this.
I've tried multiple combination of placing the files in root, system folder, and plugin folder.
I'm stuck.

Can anyone help.

carnivoracious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ndd114 said:
Hi ... does this work on the R ..... just kidding ....

I just wanted to get your attention.

I bought the iplayer card, updated, and installed the gba-player. However, the card will not recognize the .gba files? Does anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong?

The instructions say - 3rd, Copy the whole NDS-GBA folder and files into /_system/

I've tried this.
I've tried multiple combination of placing the files in root, system folder, and plugin folder.
I'm stuck.

Can anyone help.

I hate to sound like such a noob but I'm having the same problem. I've been using the Acekard 2i to emulate pretty much since it came out and I've not had this much trouble. I've followed the same instructions the above poster did and nothing. I've tried moving the files and nds-gba folder everywhere. I went back a few pages and tried sticking my .gba files into the plugin folder, along with one copy of the nds-gba in the plugins folder and one copy in the sdhc root. No dice.

So, I read back some more. Some posts seem to suggest that there's a seperate homebrew type file that will run from the iPlayer menu. IS there such a file, because I didn't find one in the emulator download? If there's something like that I'd LOVE to know the name of the file and why it seems to be missing from the download. If NOT, I'd love to know what I'm doing wrong.

[EDIT]Going back to page 11, I see the apparantly true install order, so I try that and again, nothing. I also saw plenty of mention of using firmware version 1.2 (on the iplayer) so I downloaded it from iPlayer's website. Obviously I ran into trouble. I've reformatted the sdhc with the Phillips formatter, and written the system folder with the updater.dat file within [EDIT] and in the root folder. I boot the iPlayer and it runs Fish Tycoon with messed up sound (getting the name selection and difficulty screen with choppy static noise and then white... indefinitely) I actually ran into this problem when I first got the iPlayer, hence the reason I wasn't using latest firmware. I figured the emulator would work with firmware that works...

W
T
F
?

Highditto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have seen this a lot so 1st off you should put the Emulator here:
Y:\_system\plugins\
(In my case Y: is my drive letter, yours is most likely different)

and you should have all of these files there plus any other home brews you have/will have on the card:
NDSGBA - folder with other folders in it
gba1.bmp
gba.bmp
gba.ini
gba.plg

Now just because you have the plugin in that folder does not mean the card will run GBA files, you must 1st run the emulator. After you have run the emulator for the 1st time you can then just open GBA files to play the game. A few people have also told me that they can only get games to load if they are in the Gamepak folder fond in the NDSGBA folder, well other people can run the games from where ever.

If you are having trouble with the IPlayer its self and updating it you should contact the Iplayer team from there website. They know there product better then anyone here, at least until an SDK is released, and from what I have been told they are very helpful.
Iplayer feedback form

carnivoracious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I've placed the above folders and files in the proper locations and they appear neither in the "homebrew" area nor the "files" area unless left on the sd card root, so I'm assuming the firmware update is a must in order for this to work. I've used the feedback form and hope to hear from the iPlayer team soon...

[EDIT]In the meantime, specifically how do I run the emulator; as in what file is selected from where in the menu since there isn't an .nds file in the dsgba download anywhere? Should there be one? I again hate to appear nOOb-ile (see what I did there?) but I've tried using literally EVERY file in the en NDSGBA download and zilch (with the folders both in _system\plugins as well as root, since that's the only way I can get them to show up in the card's interface). I've gotten jEnesisDS to run from the homebrew menu, but apparantly ONLY .nds files show up in the homebrew menu. I can't help but feel like I'm missing something...

Again, thanks for all the help!

carnivoracious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got it working (sorry for double post)....

For anyone else that's having trouble updating their iPlayer's firmware, here's a better translation of the iPlayer team's readme file.

QUOTE said:
Romruto from DS Scene said:
* iPlayer Upgrade to Support on the NDSi official 1.4 firmware
* Added extra feature for "movie/video subtitle" support.
* Added plugin for iPlayer CPU homebrew.

1) Have an available DSi/DSL system that can still run Flash cards.

2) Delete your previous "system" folder.

3) Please copy the "system" folder & "update" file to the root of your MicroSD card.

4) Load the DSiPlayer on the DSi/DSL system. It will now load into a NDS game.

5) It'll then tell you to "ENTER YOUR NAME" (can be anything), after that, press [OK]. It will then crash into a WHITE still SCREEN.

Be cautious if you do this wrong, you may end up bricking your DS iPlayer card.

6) At least wait for 2 minutes on the White Still Screen.

7) Now, hold/Reset the "POWER" button on the DSi/DSL system.

8) Boot the DSi/DSL on and you should now see a different NDS Icon. Load it, and you will then be asked to UPGRADE the OS DS iplayer card.

9) Press YES/OK to Upgrade. After it's done upgrading, you'll now be able to load the DS iPlayer card on FW 1.4 of your Nintendo DSi system.

Obviously credit goes to Romruto for the translation, thanks to EVERYONE for all the help!

Running Mother 3 on it now, this is so boss!

mightymash7

Trophies
XP
Country
So, i have got mine all working but is there any way you can change the save to EEPROM? its only i get the "game will not run on this hardware" message of games like Legacy of Goku 2

Gagarin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok. Just get my iPlayer and GBA emulator. As it was mantioned, it is same thing as gPSP for PSP.
Gba Zeldas and Final Fantasy games work just great. You normally create .sav files and also state saves (about 32), however it is not perfect.
So far those games refuse to work:
Kingdom Hearts crashes, but if you will pass the intro movie and save in first save spot in visual gameboy and replace save - works like a charm:)
Medal of Honor, Grand Theft Auto, and Desert Strike do not work so far.
Classical NES Zelda crashes, but maybe we should patch it first?
My Mother3 (English Patch) does not work on this emulator, however it work fine on PSP version of gPSP. Strange, huh?

Do you guys have any cht files? I made couple of them thank to that thread (Thank you Cracker)
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=187...p;#entry2352875

I hope this emulator will be updated soon.
Regards.

naz2x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gagarin said:
Ok. Just get my iPlayer and GBA emulator. As it was mantioned, it is same thing as gPSP for PSP.
Gba Zeldas and Final Fantasy games work just great. You normally create .sav files and also state saves (about 32), however it is not perfect.
So far those games refuse to work:
Kingdom Hearts crashes, but if you will pass the intro movie and save in first save spot in visual gameboy and replace save - works like a charm:)
Medal of Honor, Grand Theft Auto, and Desert Strike do not work so far.
Classical NES Zelda crashes, but maybe we should patch it first?
My Mother3 (English Patch) does not work on this emulator, however it work fine on PSP version of gPSP. Strange, huh?

Do you guys have any cht files? I made couple of them thank to that thread (Thank you Cracker)
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=187...p;#entry2352875

I hope this emulator will be updated soon.
Regards.

Do you hav any cht files to share ?

SlCKB0Y

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I don't care if your a pirate and I don't don't care if you rip off big companies like Nintendo, but you don't fuck with the GPL. Stealing someone elses unpaid hard work is not cool.. Release your source and you'll prob find help from the scene anyway.

simmolick

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
IchigoUchiha13 said:
ok i dont get this i was trying to test the Cht Option on IPlayer and its not working and yes i place the Action replay.Cht file into the Gamecht folder.anyways help anyone?

uuuuhhh...y want to know how i can make the .cht files working. I download in the gba temp GBA database cheat...and unzipped the cheat collection...than...wath i have to do with...for example... the mario kart advance.cht for make it working??

Thanx for answare.

stuffnflufff

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So i know this is noob (and before people start flaming me for not reading all the pages, WHICH I DID) I would like a bit of help. basically, my iPlayer does NOT save games through using the saves IN GAME. do i have to use save states? and if so what do i choose? (write on 1 and load from 1? or load from 0?) where do i place the .GBA files? i have them in _system/plugins/NDSGBA/gamepak. is this correct? im extremly confused on what to do. i just want to play metroid ZM and F... I'm pretty sure everyone here understands.

top toy

Trophies
XP
Country
o k o k now i know that iplayer can play gba roms but are there any emulators that i can put on my ttdsi card plzzzzz
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
or if u do
gbasp.gif
gbasp.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto