NDS-GBA iPlayer GBA emulator v1.0 released

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
junker_man32 said:
i thought this was a place to share about gaming, not piracy, fuck gba-temp. where have all the good times gone. i hope this guy gets sued and this shit stops. u might as well ban me, gbatemp is shit now, damn kids and their "hacking".

Posts merged

i thought this was a place to share about gaming, not piracy, fuck gba-temp. where have all the good times gone. i hope this guy gets sued and this shit stops. u might as well ban me, gbatemp is shit now, damn kids and their "hacking".

Nice story bro.

Now let me play a sad song on the world's smallest violin. Maybe that will ease your pain.

junker_man32

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
junker_man32 said:

Posts merged

Nice story bro.

Now let me play a sad song on the world's smallest violin. Maybe that will ease your pain.
a joke used too much...has no effect at all.

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
junker_man32 said:
Guild McCommunist said:
junker_man32 said:

Posts merged

Nice story bro.

a joke used too much...has no effect at all.

Wow. You've now moved on from being a douchebag about a brilliant development for the homebrew community to being a douchebag about someone's jokes. You must be the most brilliant person on the planet. You're so knowledgeable!

DominoBright

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have an iPlayer yet, but while I'm preparing for when I do get one, I have another question.

Do trimmed ROMs work on this?

xeronut

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.romhacking.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting black screens when I try and load a ROM through the main iPlayer menu. The emulator menu will pop up and I can alter settings, but when I load a ROM (was using Mario Kart for reference, since I've seen that actually running decently) nothing happens, just a black screen. The latest official firmware has been flashed on it, running on a DSi with 1.2U. I've properly formatted the microSD card and have used a separate card that I know is good to test this emulator in the iPlayer - still, nothing. I can listen to music, play videos and get other emulators (LameBoy, nesDS) to run, but this one is a no-go.

Not much comes up using Search, and I'm not finding a lot of support for this issue elsewhere - any suggestions? A link to a thread would work. Thanks!

--EDIT--

I finally figured out how to get this to work for me, but it's somewhat garbled compared to the ease of use other people have reported. I had to stick the NDS-GBA folder in both the /plugin as well as the base /_system folders -AND- place my ROMs in the X:\_system\plugins\NDSGBA\gamepak directory. I could not get my ROMs to work anywhere else, and for some reason both copies of the NDS-GBA directories were required to get it to work, but once everything was in place I had no problems. If this issue has popped up for anyone else, hopefully this solution works for you too.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TM2-Megatron said:
junker_man32 said:
big DEVELOPMENT... who cares. i hate piracy......even on the psp! i hope all this gets taken down and the developer gets taken down by nintendo, so does iplayer, allowing this shit to happen.

You don't necessarily support piracy if you play ROMs on your DS... I'm against piracy, but I'm also against carrying dozens and dozens of GB/GBC/GBA/DS game paks (I have well over 200 from all 4 of those handhelds combined) around with me everywhere I take my DS. If you don't mind carrying around craploads of games with you, or you tend to play only 1 or 2 games for a stretch before switching, you're entitled to play them however you want. The ability flash carts give me to carry around as many ROMs as I can fit on a microSD just makes me buy even more crap from Nintendo.

But seriously dude, your post just comes off as completely arrogant and over-the-top stupid. Great, you hate piracy; so do a lot of us. Nobody cares.
and it hard to but every single game u want.

House Spider

In the GBAtemp attic.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net
XP
Country
Works good! Look:
yaynds.gif

Highditto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got the Iplayer a few days ago, works great, and I have been playing with the GBA emulator a lot but I have a question that I hope someone can answer.

What type of Cheat files does the emulator use?

I know that Darkchen says that it "Supports Pro Action Replay/Gameshark codes. Put the cheat files into /Gamecht/", but He doesn't give anything else. I have found that the emulators cheat loader will read *.CHT files but I have no idea how the formatting for the files has to be setup. I have looked at and tried the psp gba cht files but those use raw code and don't work.
Any help would be great.

xeronut

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.romhacking.net
XP
Country
United States
I've had the iPlayer for a few weeks now and have been tinkering with the settings, testing compatibility, battery life etc. I've noticed that the iPlayer at brightness setting 2 and volume setting 5 (on a DSi 1.2U) has about 60% of the battery life playing GBA games as an Acekard 2i has playing backups under the same conditions. Of the 144 ROMs I popped onto the card (nothing really obscure, almost exclusively (U) dumps, pop titles) 134 booted for me without a hitch, with the other 10 giving me some sort of code error or just freezing the emulator requiring a reset. Granted, the only game I played more than 15 minutes into was Megaman Zero, but this feels like a very well-polished 1.0 release.

That being said, does anyone know if this is a port of gpSP? I think I may have read a post about this elsewhere but I hadn't seen it here yet. If so, I'm curious to see how other GP2X/PSP homebrew would translate.

ndsi_6969

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the gba emulator for iplayer work on Final Fantasy I & II: Dawn of Souls, FF IV advance, FF V advance, FF VI advance and FF tactics advance?

Anyone tested those games? i will consider buy the player if those roms work. thx.
rolleyes.gif

Clookster

Your Clookster
Banned
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
ndsi_6969 said:
Does the gba emulator for iplayer work on Final Fantasy I & II: Dawn of Souls, FF IV advance, FF V advance, FF VI advance and FF tactics advance?

Anyone tested those games? i will consider buy the player if those roms work. thx.
rolleyes.gif

Yes. NDS GBA works with all of your mentioned ROMs:
http://board.gulli.com/thread/1458539-dsit...n-fr-den-dsi/#2

But what about normal in-game saving? That seems impossible? Can't normal *sav files get created?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: