• Rune Factory 3

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Sylar1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This list sucks, Sands of Destruction isn't on it.

I wouldn't have picked it anyway since that game was a huge disappointment, but still.

I went with Golden Sun

rockstar99

Hi
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sylar1 said:

I wouldn't have picked it anyway since that game was a huge disappointment, but still.

I went with Golden Sun
Your only allowed 30 poll options if you like a game but its not the list just post why you like it

gamefreak94

GBAtemps (Un)Official Illogical Poster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, is the story for DQIX even that good? I mean i love the side stories when you help people, but was the MAIN story that good? IMO it was too dull and the game is super repetitive, but then again it is a rpg game, but with this game, the first rpg game, to get me this annoyed by its repetitiveness. IDK how if the Main story was that good because i only got passed after you could switch jobs and after you defeat leviathan. Maybe the thing i didn't like about it was that you never really got to know the characters.(Again I didn't beat the game)

Ontopic: I didn't beat GS:DD so my vote goes to 999. I haven't even played that game yet but it got my brother hooked and he usually doesn't like those type of genres so it must be pretty interesting, oh and i played the Demo XD.

VLinh

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Even though i loved Heart Gold and Soul Silver, my votes' going to Golden Sun. It just brought back good memories for me since i enjoyed the first 2, and as soon as i got the skill oddysey for my main char, i fell in love with the game.

Sylar1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rockstar said:
Sylar1 said:

I went with Golden Sun
Your only allowed 30 poll options if you like a game but its not the list just post why you like it

Yeah but Michael Jackson the video game made the list, While Sand didn't, even though sands was a huge disappointment to me, it deserves to be on the list more then MJ, even though MJ barely just came out

updowners

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was choosing between

Last Window: The Secret of Cape West
Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth
Professor Layton and The Unwound Future
999: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors

Last Window? The story didn't seem as interesting as the previous game. Ace Attorney Investigations? The last case unnecessarily dragged on for way too long. Professor Layton? Although I personally thought it had the best story in the series, it just feels to puzzle oriented to the other games. 999? YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS (Also it wasn't a sequel).

I like games with good stories.

Edit: My 1234th post was totally not wasted.

PanzerWF

Trophies
Website
zetta.l4rge.com
XP
Country
Canada
999 is a puzzler for me. On one hand, I did enjoy the concept and feel but the walls of text and misleading theme disappoint me.

So I'll stick with Golden Sun, something that is well polished and fun.

100action

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vampire Hunter D said:
Dragon Quest 9, stunned that Golden Mediocrity is in the lead by a few votes. DQ9 has a fantastic story, the a/v engine is nuts for the DS, and while tried and true though finally with random fights out the combat engine is fun to work with. Saddled with an overly long and chatty pointless story, stupid design decisions that even dated the RPG combat engine in the originals, and as others said dumbed down difficulty makes not for a game of the year GS in the lead is sad as it's a fanboy vote much like those gamefaqs character/game battles where the ff7 psychos come out of the woodwork.

lmfao, DQ9 fantastic story hoe please, good game but the graphics and storyline are nothing special. Ridiculously easy game as well with post storyline content just requiring stupid grinding, at least with Golden Sun some of the puzzles required small degrees of thought (aka Goat shadow puzzle) whereas DQIX is pretty much like playing a game of "follow the leader".

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
PanzerWF said:
999 is a puzzler for me. On one hand, I did enjoy the concept and feel but the walls of text and misleading theme disappoint me.

So I'll stick with Golden Sun, something that is well polished and fun.
Strange, walls of text are because it is a visual novel with gameplay aspects added, not the other way around like Phoenix Wright...
Anyway I voted for 999 because I loved the storyline!

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
Where the fuck is my Imaginez games?!
dry.gif

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Pokemon BW...
That is extremely stupid that it's not on the poll...
But i'll just choose HGSS cause it was really fun to go back to Gen 2 as i never done Gen 2 before.

Raven1992

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Eh. Well. There's been some alright games this year.
DQ9 was pretty good, too easy though, and the story was er..
Yeah. But thats okay, it was still alright.

I wanted to love Golden Sun DS because I loved the older ones, but, the games just way too easy to be stimulating enough. I haven't played an RPG that easy for a long time.

I wanted to love Ace Attorney Investigations, but felt it was a huge letdown, especially without the dramatic court scenes theres no real climax. I also felt they should have done more with the "Edgeworth is a PROSECUTOR" thing, and what not. You know what I mean. I hope. Sorry ~_~

I loved Strange Journey, I love SMT games. I didn't play it enough though. I don't know what happened, I just put it down one day and haven't gone back to it.

My game of the year would probably be 999. Why? Because it's the first primarily visual novel (i love ace attorney games but they're gameplay + visual novel, as opposed to visual novel + gameplay.. you know what I mean.. VALVOLINE!) that I've actually liked. It's story was sweet, and I genuinely felt invested in the story.
... Until i got a bad ending. DS hit the wall that night... ~_~

But yeah! Loved 999, thought it was great
biggrin.gif

EDIT: Oh yeah! I also loved pokemon Soul silver, probably because Silver was my favourite pokemon game. But. yeah. For the sheer fact it boils down to been-there-done-that, I wouldn't give it my game of the year medal XD

Paarish

Connor's Nublet
Trophies
XP
Country
Golden Sun for me! It did not disappoint. There were several issues. Some conversations went on longer than they needed, you couldn't backtrack so there were some Key missables and:

GS:DD spoiler-
when they come back home and they find that vortex and how it ends with "The End..?" seemed really tacky and cheesy. I don't know why but it just ruined the ending for me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol