• Rune Factory 3

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

RE4zombie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Super Scribblenauts made huge improvements over its predecessor and has the best replay value. You can play through that game a different way every replay, and for that it gets my vote. Plus adjectives are pretty awesome.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver
Lufia
Mario VS Donkey Kong Miniland Mayhem
Prof. Layton & the Unwound Future
GoldenEye 007
Call Of Duty Black Ops
Dragon Quest IX
Golden Sun Dark Dawn
Super Scribblenauts
Final Fantasy 4 Warriors Of Light
Last Window
MegaMan Zero Collection
Pokemon Ranger 3
Rock Band 3
Sonic Colors
Glory Of Hercules
WarioWare DIY
Dementium 2
Golden Sun 007 Blood Stone
Infinite Space
Drawn To Life 2
Ace Attorney Investigatoins
Picross 3D
SMT Strange Journey
Puzzle Quest 2
Etrian Odyssey III
HM: Wind Bazaar
MJ Experience
Rune Factory 3

Games marked in bold have no business being in a GotY list. I love pretty much all of those franchises marked in bold, but the selected games range from middling to merely good.

In any case, there's nothing to debate. DQIX is obviously GotY. End of discussion.

/close thread
tongue.gif

DJ91990

Grookey Gang!
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
My game of the Year would have been Pokemon Black, but seeing as it is disqualified because the English text is a fan translation. That and the fact that of Pokemon Black and White release in the states next year.

My game of the year for the DS is a no-brainier.

Golden Sun: Dark Dawn

Golden Sun: Dawn Dawn was a fun ride while it lasted. I enjoyed the optional controls and the freedom the freely switch between stylus control and button control. The stylus controls don't feel tacked on at all but instead feel natural to the game play and also make menu navigation quick and easy. The graphics in Golden Sun Dark Dawn while are not breathtaking, they fit the setting of the game very well and keep the feel of the past Golden Sun games true. While Golden Sun Dark Dawn is the third game in the Golden Sun Trilogy, the storyline does not require you to have played the past games in order to understand the storyline. The game does a very good job at keeping the hardcore Golden Sun fan interested while still ensuring that newcomers to the Golden Sun series are not lost or confused. While the story is the typical "Hero leaves home for some reason which somehow leads to the hero saving the entire world" story format, the game's story contains plot twists here and there to make the typical basic story format somewhat interesting that will keep you at the game till you finish it. The characters are colorful and interesting with each story important character having a distinct personalities. The music in the game, while it is not Final Fantasy XIII, it fits the setting very well. When you...SPOILER!!!
walk in the shadows of the lunar eclipse the music changes to a creepy evil overtone.
The music even changes in the villages, towns, and cities when SPOILER!
The devastation of the lunar eclipse has eclipse monsters roaming the civilizations destroying the villages and cities and killing multiple innocents.
Even the battle theme has multiple themes. There is the Northern Battle theme, the SPOILERS
Southern Battle Theme, the Ship Battle Theme, and the Eclipse Battle Theme.
Overall Golden Sun Dark Dawn is my Game of the year 2010 and possibly my DS RPG of the Year 2010!

I recommend Golden Sun: Dark Dawn as a Christmas gift to your child gamer that enjoys fantasy RPG games.

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My favorite was Professor Layton and the Unwound Future, followed closely by Super Scribblenauts and Golden Sun: Dark Dawn.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I wish I could have multiple choice.

Last Window and 999 and Unwound Future get's my vote. Not so much for the gameplay, but the story had me hooked. And I've never been hooked to a story since Assassin's Creed 2 last year. And before that.... Assassin's Creed. Yeah, game's these days don't have that quality of story like they used to.

Gah, I'm going to say Layton because I loved seeing the origins of his hat, reason why Don Paolo hates Layton, and seeing Layton without his hat and him cry and get that last kiss, simply amazing.

I would say 999, but there was a tiny bit that was repetitive. If they had more rooms so you didn't have to go through the same door like 2-3 times to get all the endings, then I'd say that. Still hard to choose though.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Jakob95 said:
Is 999 even that good? What is that game a RPG?

Visual Novel with some gameplay elements. You read through a story and all that stuff, and when you get into a room, you have an escape sequence which requires you to open the locked door. And you have to explore the room, find clues, solve the puzzle, get out.

It's one of the greatest stories in a DS game.

Didu50

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn. If only this was Multiple Choice.
Pokemon is probalbly my favorite, with DQ and Layton Tied for Second, and Super Scribblenauts for third.
They're all great games, but Heart Gold just stood out to me. It was the Last game I bought after I got my Acekard, And i've logged 250 Hrs on it. The menu system is just amazing.

ecko

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
tough choice.
haven't played 999 yet, dont like golden sun.
goldeneye 007 is better then cod imo.
so that leaves me with mario vs donkey kong or goldeneye.

and i chose...mario vs dk
if only the story of goldeneye had to exact beginning as goldeye 64
frown.gif

WarBuddhaV

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had to think about this one for a bit actually. I decided to go with Rune Factory 3 since it's held my attention the longest, not to mention I played it back to back. EO3 was a breath of fresh air. The class system and old school dungeon crawl brought tears to my eyes. Was grindy as all hell, but I enjoyed it nontheless. DQ9 was fun, but after playing through to story and doing a few dungeon, I stopped playing it. GS was fun, but not GOTY material, and that's coming from someone who enjoyed the first two. I could probally write a one lined review for all the games, but I'll leave it at that
smile.gif

herriot126

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pokemon Heartgold.....tied with Golden Sun Dark Dawn. I didn't play Golden Sun 1 or 2, so it was a really great and fresh start for me. second would be pokemon black and white......It was amazing. That's all i really played on my DS this year
tongue.gif
Which one of these games can i finish by the end of the year that's reaallly good?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Wlak past the light and kill that giant mosquito.