NDS Game of the Week #1

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Shocksuspect, May 4, 2010.

May 4, 2010

NDS Game of the Week #1 by Shocksuspect at 10:00 PM (3,273 Views / 0 Likes) 24 replies

1. Shocksuspect
    OP

Newcomer Shocksuspect Member

United States
    This is something I've started on my DS YouTube channel and the videos are something I'm planning to do every week. I basically recommend a DS game every week and I'm going to share the vids with gbaTemp. Number 2 will be up next Monday. As for now, check out this week's DS game I would recommend.

or you can follow this link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4li0I5WvmE

and you can sub to my channel for more DS game of the week's and reviews if you like. Link to my channel's here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheShockSuspect

Feel free to comment on the game and the vid.

:-)

2. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Always felt that game was overrated. Some very interesting ideas but overall the story was just predictable.

3. magicksun

Member magicksun GBAtemp Fan

Argentina
    im playing magical starsign , is very borring , but that game is for this week

4. gameboy13

Member gameboy13 Orange and fluffy since 1995.

United States
    Gameboy13 likes this game [​IMG]

5. Master Mo

Member Master Mo F.R.E.E.

Germany
    Very well made Video. I enjoyed watching it.

I agree with you on nearly every aspect and I, too, absolutely love this game. The whole setting was very interesting and after getting used to the combat-system I started to really enjoy every single moment.

But I also see this game polarize a little, because it is different and that`s why some people mind not enjoyed it as much as others do.

Still one of my favorite DS games and I`m looking forward to your next recommendation. Maybe next time it`ll come in handy (that would obviously be the case when I didn`t already played the game [​IMG])

[​IMG]

6. ZPE

Member ZPE GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Never liked TWEWY that much, finished it once and thought that was more than enough of the game. In the same pile as Kingdom Hearts for me.

7. pitman

Member pitman Addicted to Magical Girls

Israel
    I remember having tons of fun with this, and even did all the extra missions after you finished the main game also played the hilarious alternate reality story (A quote by the main character: "I'm so emo").

One of the fun aspects was how you can decide how easy you want to game to be, by lowering your level, surviving more than 10 battles in a row, I love after surviving something difficult you get a nice rare pin. Pulling off combos with your partner was always fun (although took a lot of time getting used to it).

A problem I remember encountering was that some pins didn't react to my stylus (mostly those that required you to do a certain motion[don't remember which at the moment]).

I definitely recommend this, but be sure to have a screen protector !!!

8. killeryunran

Newcomer killeryunran Advanced Member

Netherlands
    I have to agree with pitman, the first time I started the game tho I didn't think that highly of it. But once I really got into the game
    it was really great!

The only thing that I wished what would have been better was the first time you did Tin Pin Slammer! I didn't understand anything from the game
    and lost horribly xD

That and some of the pins really get mixed up. I liked the idea of the L+R shoulder buttons that you could use to have more or less the same pins(with the same motion)to be used [​IMG]

That and I noticed that Shocksuspect said in his little movie at 0:26 that The world ends with you is played out in modern Tokyo. But it's actually played out in Shibuya. A real existing place in Japan...even Hachiko is real^^Although I couldn't get a wolf to jump out of it when I petted it [​IMG]

9. Hells Malice

Member Hells Malice Are you a bully?

Canada
    If you found it predictable then you having fucking ESP.
    Some of it was predictable but there were a LOT of surprising things that unfolded that are almost impossible to actually predict.

10. ojsinnerz.

Member ojsinnerz. Damned

Canada
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    [​IMG]

11. minkyu716

Newcomer minkyu716 Member

Korea, South
    Well Overated or not it does stand on the high rack of DS games. And is one of the better games no doubt.

Although I did anticipate this game being no 1. Its that overated.

12. Toni Plutonij

Former Staff Toni Plutonij *has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!

Croatia
    I've tried to play this game on several occasions.....Started it fair number of times.....nothing [​IMG]

Simply doesn't do it for me, I hate the game, but I understand it's just me, most people call it THE best NDS game....so it must be me [​IMG]

Anyways, great video, looking forward to seeing the next one!

13. deathking

Member deathking GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    same here could not get interested in it

14. taken

Member taken GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    What Toni Plutonij, said I couldn't get into the game. It wasn't reaching out to me too play it.

15. thedicemaster

Member thedicemaster GBAtemp Addict

Netherlands
    it's not exactly 100% real.
    doubt you'd find shadow ramen, or 104 there.
    but the real shibuya has 109 instead, and good chance there's some other ramen shop in the street where shadow ramen and ramen don are.

16. killeryunran

Newcomer killeryunran Advanced Member

Netherlands
    Yeah, or Neku for that part [​IMG]
    Altho enough people who would go there cosplayed for a picture [​IMG]

17. granville

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    While i can understand some people not liking the game, i'd never go so far as to say it's predictable. Maybe some of the themes and characters acted like you'd expect, but i think the ending was a very big shock actually. And all the secret reports you collect enhance that revelation too. And i'd say the ending is very satisfying once you understand all that ended up going on and why everything happened (there is an almighty reason for everything and it all comes full circle eventually).

The humor sucked me in. I especially loved the Another Day scenario you unlock when you complete the game, it's freaking hilarious! And then you have sho minamimoto, who is just full of epic lulz and quotes (which were probably sadly abused and ruined by 4chan by now). I never took the entire story and all the characters too seriously. Neku's emoness is sort of a parody of the emo movement overall, and it was pretty silly really.

The gameplay could use some work though. I wasn't a fan of the touch controls during battle and felt they were rather awkward and unresponsive at times. Some of the missions were boring too. I wouldn't call it the BEST game on the DS, but i still liked it a lot. I guess it is overrated, but not to such a high degree as other games i've seen. It is a unique game, i can't imagine anyone saying it's not.

18. DS1

Member DS1 伝説の雀士

United States
    I absolutely love this game, it's honestly one of my favorite games of all time (and I've played a lot of freakin' games).

19. dacore270

Newcomer dacore270 Member

United States
    While I haven't tried the game yet, I do have it....This nicely done review makes mw want to try it now. Thanks

20. zuron7

Member zuron7 RBYG

India
    Nicely done!
    The video looked like it was actually made by one of those gaming sites.

On the game: I've never got inclined to RPG's.
    If you ever get me hooked on to a RPG you've a done a Exxcelent job there.