Homebrew [NDS] Forwarder CIAs for your HOME Menu

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
i keep getting a black screen and error when i run forwarder made by forwarder3ds
I had that problem too. Change the Game's TID for some other. Check the white list. Sadly, I don't know how to do that. I put some random TID in there, and luckily, it made Pokémon work (really luckily).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I was just letting people know so they pay attention, otherwise there's going to be a lot of posts asking why it's not working. Like I said, it's not a big issue because you can change it manually as you said, but if someone isn't paying attention they're just going to change the TID, generate the CIA then complain it's not working.

View attachment 49176
Alright. But, serious question. Can the DAT file be named with less than six characters and work? (without counting the .DAT extension).

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had that problem too. Change the Game's TID for some other. Check the white list. Sadly, I don't know how to do that. I put some random TID in there, and luckily, it made Pokémon work (really luckily).
I'm making a list of TIDs that are from the whitelist. It's currently incomplete, and will be adding that to the OP.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2_1xHkEp2_6MW1hR05YSjk1YU0/view?usp=sharing
Alright. But, serious question. Can the DAT file be named with less than six characters and work? (without counting the .DAT extension).
Yes.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you using emuNAND?
nope im using a9lh sysnand
thanks ill try that next ill let you know if works

Burnout600

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

No idea, I haven't tried. Having the .DAT part automatically be 6 characters by removing or adding characters is perfectly fine the way it is, it's having it also change the rom path that's going to throw some people.

Reactions: Olmectron

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
No idea, I haven't tried. Having the .DAT part automatically be 6 characters by removing or adding characters is perfectly fine the way it is, it's having it also change the rom path that's going to throw some people.
Alright. I'll remove the auto-update (DAT Name -> Game path).

I first need to think about what other features could be worth adding. Simple things of course, like naming the final generated CIA as the original NDS file? Or separating the generated files in folders a la "cias", "dats"? I think adding options for those would be nice.

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
use the program but did not give me the .cia file, what happened?
Yep. Try to use Windows version as the OP said.

But remember this, quoted from the first post:

"You can use a Windows native installer too, only on 64-bit systems. However, if you do that, after the installation, you should copy the make_cia, ndstool and dll files to C:\Users\[MyUsername]\AppData\Local\Forwarder3-DS\app, or it won't work at all."

Last edited by Olmectron,

Burnout600

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright. I'll remove the auto-update (DAT Name -> Game path).

I first need to think about what other features could be worth adding. Simple things of course, like naming the final generated CIA as the original NDS file? Or separating the generated files in folders a la "cias", "dats"? I think adding options for those would be nice.
I'd like the ability to specify the location where the generated dat and cia files are stored, instead of it always being stored in the generated folder. It's fine if you're using the JAR version, but if you're using the Windows version it's always going to be stored on the same drive as Windows, in a hidden folder.

Reactions: Olmectron

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'd like the ability to specify the location where the generated dat and cia files are stored, instead of it always being stored in the generated folder. It's fine if you're using the JAR version, but if you're using the Windows version it's always going to be stored on the same drive as Windows, in a hidden folder.
Alright. I'll look into it. :)

Reactions: Burnout600

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
use the program but did not give me the .cia file, what happened?
However, if you cannot use that version for whatever reason (i.e., not having a 64 bits machine), try putting the JAR app with the DLL and EXE files in a folder next to the root of your hard drive. For example C:\Forwarder\

make_cia.exe is picky sometimes when it comes to converting files in folders with spaces or special characters.

RacsoSakuraba

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
However, if you cannot use that version for whatever reason (i.e., not having a 64 bits machine), try putting the JAR app with the DLL and EXE files in a folder next to the root of your hard drive. For example C:\Forwarder\

make_cia.exe is picky sometimes when it comes to converting files in folders with spaces or special characters.
I had that problem with the .jar version. Use the windows version.

I got it, ready but and now... the .nds file, what is it for?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    more of a platinum guy myself personally
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys i just checked to see what's in the fortnite item shop today and saw that metallica skins, atla skins and jjk skins are in the item shop at the same time rn, shit's not real 💀
    +1
  • PandaPandel @ PandaPandel:
    im playing fortnite rn and just got rsn over by a car
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @PandaPandel, irl or in the game?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Btw it seems like the user dtapple disabled others posting on their profile, either they are going through something or they blocked me. Better leave them alone ig
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I sat on my ball and I think I crushed it

:sad:
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Veho, atleast you still have the other one
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah that's why we have two balls. Redundancy.
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The squished one still hurts like a motherfucker tho.
  • 4d1xlaan @ 4d1xlaan:
    why did you do that
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @4d1xlaan, he just wanted to sit down
  • T @ Texasauras:
    admonish
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, fixed it?
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, kiss and make better?