VashTS

Beat it, son
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
Sorry if this is the wrong forum but I have a question regarding Native Firm.

Is Native Firm responsible for launching games and system settings? meaning if there was a problem with native firm (like 9.2 firm on 10.3 system) would that cause games and settings to fail to launch?

VashTS

Beat it, son
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im unable to launch any homebrew, i know what i'm going with soft mods no worries there :)

games and system settings freeze upon launch, im thinking it might be due to a screwed up native firm. if i hard mod then inject the proper native firm, im thinking this will solve it.

im just not sure if i can do that with a 10.3 native firm. i believe im on a 9.2 firm with 10.3 system as far as i know.

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
im unable to launch any homebrew, i know what i'm going with soft mods no worries there :)

games and system settings freeze upon launch, im thinking it might be due to a screwed up native firm. if i hard mod then inject the proper native firm, im thinking this will solve it.

im just not sure if i can do that with a 10.3 native firm. i believe im on a 9.2 firm with 10.3 system as far as i know.
The responsible is the AM module, but the cause of the freeze may be because the app is corrupted in some way. (Or wrong sys modules installed)

Reactions: gnmmarechal

mrissaoussama

Hiuhbi32
Trophies
XP
Country
Tunisia

maybe it's a problem with the homebrew launcher? change the boot.3dsx in the root with a sysupdater and try again

Gelex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Native firm is one of the many parts of the system that are used to launch stuff. Firm proper contains some of the system modules that most of the 3ds applications need, including home menu. Home menu is the one that initiates launching stuff, and eventually asks some system services to launch apps.

If you're having a lot of random crashing, that really sounds like a partial downgrade. If you're still working through Plailect's guide and don't have a9lh, your best bet is to really try to re-downgrade, but that implies getting hbl to load. One way to check if something screwed up, but requires hbl, is downgrade_chech by svan-something (on my phone, too lazy to look it up right now). An n3ds downgraded correctly will show around 5 or 6 mismatch or extra entries. O3ds should only show a few extra entries.

VashTS

Beat it, son
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Native firm is one of the many parts of the system that are used to launch stuff. Firm proper contains some of the system modules that most of the 3ds applications need, including home menu. Home menu is the one that initiates launching stuff, and eventually asks some system services to launch apps.

If you're having a lot of random crashing, that really sounds like a partial downgrade. If you're still working through Plailect's guide and don't have a9lh, your best bet is to really try to re-downgrade, but that implies getting hbl to load. One way to check if something screwed up, but requires hbl, is downgrade_chech by svan-something (on my phone, too lazy to look it up right now). An n3ds downgraded correctly will show around 5 or 6 mismatch or extra entries. O3ds should only show a few extra entries.

I understand how this all works and it likely is a screwed up downgrade. I'm just trying to figure out how to fix it.

I'm going to try hardmodding and installing a 10.4 firm - worst case, i toast it and new a new motherboard anyway.

VashTS

Beat it, son
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyone know if its possible to edit a backed up NAND.bin with all the CIAs from a system update or will that fail due to not being signed?

I'm assuming its not possible, but I don't know much about hard mod flashing and what is possible with a NAND dump.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up