Hacking Nand problem

Arkturos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sooo i'm new here I just have a couple of question ... sooo got one problem with nand. Im on 6.0.1 and got a 128gig microsdcard on exfat. Soo the first time I boot hekate I load Atmosphere and went into the homebrew but after I was thinking damn I will do a nand before doing something stupid I hope this wont install Atmosphere in my switch since I need to go in rcm everytime with hekate ? . Sooo I reboot Hekate doing a nand and I got 56g free of space but I got the fatal error 1. Ive been searching everywhere but cant find anything sooo if someone can help me with this it will be appreciate ! Thanks

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sooo i'm new here I just have a couple of question ... sooo got one problem with nand. Im on 6.0.1 and got a 128gig microsdcard on exfat. Soo the first time I boot hekate I load Atmosphere and went into the homebrew but after I was thinking damn I will do a nand before doing something stupid I hope this wont install Atmosphere in my switch since I need to go in rcm everytime with hekate ? . Sooo I reboot Hekate doing a nand and I got 56g free of space but I got the fatal error 1. Ive been searching everywhere but cant find anything sooo if someone can help me with this it will be appreciate ! Thanks

Your system boot or it doesn't?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes it does I can go in my homebrew menu

Well Nand backup should be possible if your system can boot Hakete fine, you using Hekate 4.2?, Atmosphere/ReiNX/SX OS has to be reloaded every cold boot. If you have a hard modded system then you can said it is somewhat of coldboot, it load CFW through Hekate.

Arkturos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Im using Hekate 4.2 and Atmoshphere. Ive downloaded the sdfile and use Hekate for my payload and when im trying backup Fatal error 1 everytime I try it and yes I have to realod the payload everytime because im not in coldboot

Last edited by Arkturos,

Arkturos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well you need to have more than 56 GB to do a full system backup, you can do the Boot0/Boot1 and the raw nand backup, that is about 29.1GB, if that doesn't go through check your card for error using H2testw, but backup your file from the card.
Ive done a format and only add the sdfile with 100g of space ... get the same error and done this chkdsk /f /r /x F: no error from my sd card sooo I need help hehe thanks :)

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ive done a format and only add the sdfile with 100g of space ... get the same error and done this chkdsk /f /r /x F: no error from my sd card sooo I need help hehe thanks :)

Card might be fake to be honest, how long you have it?

https://3ds.hacks.guide/h2testw-(windows).html

Backup your file unless it is from the SD card pack earlier, and do a test with this.

Last edited by Hayato213,

Arkturos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
since my switch ... last summer and Im sure is not fake got all my switch game on it 70gig of it sooo

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Arkturos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
and by the way ... how can I try the Boot0/Boot1 and the raw nand backup ?

soooo you think its my microsd card ?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and by the way ... how can I try the Boot0/Boot1 and the raw nand backup ?

soooo you think its my microsd card ?

In Hakete tools-> Backup- > emmc Boot0/Boot1 and the emmc Raw GPP. SD card maybe, unless the card is possibly dying.

XaneTenshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
God damn, this thread is a freaking mess, random suggestions everywhere...

@Arkturos
Your SD Card is more than big enough for a Nand backup. You need around 29.1GB for that, which you have.

Post a screenshot of what happens when you try to do a Nand backup and post a screenshot of your SD Card info aswell. For this, select console info->print SD Card info, in Hekate 4.2. Also, remember that you need BOTH the raw EMMC files AND the boot0/1 files for a full Nand backup.

Alternatively, the only only person who probably knows what the "fatal error code 1" means is CTcaer. So maybe ask your question in Hekate's own thread: https://gbatemp.net/threads/rcm-payload-hekate-ctcaer-mod.502604/

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This looks like a lack of exfat update ( nintendo)
You can't save 29GB of your nand if it is fat32
It seems to me that the exfat update came after the 4.1.0 firmware

Actually you could, I have a nand backup of a 1.0.0 switch, the file get split up into 2gb size, and nand backup of a 6.1.0 unit that was on exfat. Exfat one rawnand will be one file only.
1.PNG
2.PNG

KHEOPS

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Actually you could, I have a nand backup of a 1.0.0 switch, the file get split up into 2gb size, and nand backup of a 6.1.0 unit that was on exfat. Exfat one rawnand will be one file only.
View attachment 148768 View attachment 148769
Thanks
Okay, I'm trying to understand where his mistake came from.

CTCaer says
To see if this would correct his fatal mistake

Ah, so it's a writing error.

About the error:
Error 1 is /*A hard error occurred in the low level disk I/O layer */
These are fatal and cannot be mitigated/corrected from the current state of the tiny FatFS filesystem code, like what windows do.
Maybe in the future we can make it better.

You can ignore the error but better not do it... (you may end up with a corrupt backup and your first backup should be A+ OK).

So,
First do full error checking from windows:
In cmd enter: chkdsk /f /r /x Z:
where Z: is your sd card drive letter

You can also try a full format before that, with: format Z: /fs:exFAT
This command writes zeroes to all your sd card and makes sure that no bad sectors exist. If they exist they get marked for avoidance.
Both commands show a summary when they are done. You can check if everything is OK.

If these 2 do not work, try to get the dump in parts:
Fill your sd card to have less space than 29,828MB.
(Another way to kickstart the partial dumping when you have enough space, is to create the partial.idx file, and write with a hex editor, 00.)
Now it will try with partial dumping.
When it fails, reboot (into RCM), remove your sd card, move the dumped files that are 2GB, but leave the partial.idx file.
Run the ipl again.
Now it will dump from the last part it was trying to and because you removed the previous files, it will write on an the OK area.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/rcm-payload-hekate-ctcaer-mod.502604/page-6

Last edited by KHEOPS,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks
Okay, I'm trying to understand where his mistake came from.
I'll be him I'll do a firmware update 6.1.0
To see if this would correct his fatal mistake

I assume it is his card, if it bootleg, then it might just have few GB, instead of couple hundred GB, anyway about the nand, for FAT32 it will just split the nand, and for exfat the nand would just be one file that what I was trying to say lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    M @ McPaul: Hello, anyone has a fix for this? ...