nand/bootmii question

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by whoizdib, Jul 21, 2009.

Jul 21, 2009

nand/bootmii question by whoizdib at 2:50 AM (506 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. whoizdib
    OP

Newcomer whoizdib Member

United States
    I have bootmii .2 installed on my boot2.

My question is can nintendo release a firmware that will somehow make backing up or restoring the NAND different, therefore needing a new version of bootmii?

For example lets say I want to upgrade(sometime in the future) to firmware 5.0U, but one of the conflicts is that bootmii can longer be used as it should normally. Is this possible?

I guess the big question is, can bootmii work no matter what nintendo does to the firmware?

Thanks.

2. Deviyl

Member Deviyl GBAtemp Fan

United States
    It shouldn't be, but you never know. Nintendo thought it was impossible to hack their Wii, but look at it now. Even if we thought it was impossible to break BootMii, it can always be possible. The best option is to always check what the ill effects will be before updating.

And if anything bad comes from the update, wait for a patched updater to be released to ensure you don't get any of those ill effects.

3. Lexip;

Member Lexip; GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Pretty much no.

It would assume its possible for nintendo to release an update that would could uninstall bootmii, but I don't think that will happen and besides you could probably just do a custom update.

4. djda

Member djda GBAtemp Regular

Barbados
    Im fairly sure that unless Nintendo changes the actual Hardware in a wii what your saying will never be possible or somehow changes the nand on all wii's which unless they get there hands on them physically which is not gonna happen