Hacking NAND backup question (already used hekate to do so)

misticknight1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Just have a quick question about the Nand backup i done when i first hacked my switch, ive searched all over the internet and watched youtube videos and im not sure what ive done wrong but i feel there is something wrong. all i got on my sd card was the BOOT0/1 files and a rawnand.bin (30 gb in size). i dont have the partialidx (?) file, and the partitions/restore folders that were created are empty. is this correct? do i need to do it again? i want to install autoRCM but i need to make sure this is correct first as i know its not good to do a nand back up with autorcm installed. this is how my backup looked on the sd card (been copied to my harddrive now):

upload_2018-9-14_8-32-25.png

aerios169

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Is fine, the partitions are created when your memory doesnt have all of the space required for the copy of your nand. You have only one rawnand archive when your memory has the necesary space for that. I dont recoment you to use autorcm mode, it Can cause some problems

Last edited by aerios169,

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You dont have to use AutoRCM just because you did a nand backup. If you want to upgrade without burning fuses then all those steps require AutoRCM.

misticknight1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It’s not that I want to use it because I made a nand back up it’s that I want to make it easier and wanted to use from the get go but knew I had to do a proper nand back up first and until now wasn’t sure I had done it properly.

Canna

Bad Ass Poisonous Mushroom
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right ......Firstly,
The files you have there are more then enough to restore your switch...
You are missing the other folders because you did not dump the other information and or partitions...
@misticknight1 Please follow my guide to backup everything.. below

My guide >https://gbatemp.net/threads/backup-...-your-biskeys-tseckeys-keys-txt-guide.513386/

You may skip the boot 0/1 backup
and emmc Raw Gpp backup in my guide as you have them already...

Is fine, the partitions are created when your memory doesnt have all of the space required for the copy of your nand. You have only one rawnand archive when your memory has the necesary space for that. I dont recoment you to use autorcm mode, it Can cause some problems

you mean partial files aka raw nand 00 / rawnand 01 etc and so on not partitions folder. as that is a different thing all together, but no worries...

You dont have to use AutoRCM just because you did a nand backup. If you want to upgrade without burning fuses then all those steps require AutoRCM.

As Kafluke has said auto rcm basically puts your console into RCM mode everytime you power it on,Preventing you from blowing fuses if you ever use the upgrade without burning fuses method... Auto rcm is used to enter rcm mode, then with that you boot hekate a bootloader that bypasses fuse checks so you can run lower system version...

So as all you wish to do is backup your nand, and run cfw/homebrew you do not need to use auto rcm...

Last edited by Canna,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Get a load from this guy lol.