ROM Hack Nanashi no Geemu translation

Kiradn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hey all, I haven't really posted before, but I have been lurking for about a year and I thought this might be the best place to post this. I was wondering if anyone could come up with a translation of Nanashi no Geemu. I don't mean a patch because the compression is too weird, I mean a script translation. something to have by your side while you play the game. I am currently learning japanese by myself and I understood some parts of it but I didn't understand alot of it. I do have friends who know japanese and I could ask for their help but here is my question. is there anyone out there who can work on a script translation that would go onto gamefaqs or something else? thank you all

-Kira

Whooosh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think it it would be much easier to use a patch.

I patched 2 japenese games to english lately with no problem.(Jump ultimate stars and soma bringer)

Its pretty self explanatory, usually just drag n drop then click okay.

DarthNemesis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kiradn said:
hey all, I haven't really posted before, but I have been lurking for about a year and I thought this might be the best place to post this.Then you haven't been paying very much attention, apparently.

QUOTE(Kiradn @ Aug 29 2009, 01:23 PM) I was wondering if anyone could come up with a translation of Nanashi no Geemu.
Sure here you go "The Game with No Name" yw

Kiradn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Whooosh said:

I patched 2 japemese games to english lately with no problem.(Jump ultimate stars and soma bringer)

Like I said, the compression is weird. the script is hidden and this would be easier

DarthNemesis said:
Kiradn said:
hey all, I haven't really posted before, but I have been lurking for about a year and I thought this might be the best place to post this.Then you haven't been paying very much attention, apparently.

QUOTE(Kiradn @ Aug 29 2009, 01:23 PM)
I was wondering if anyone could come up with a translation of Nanashi no Geemu.

that's not what I meant and you know it smart ass. I meant a translation of the whole script. I didn't post this in the requests thread because it seems that that's only for requesting patches.

Kiradn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
and for what it's worth I can also start it but I can't really do much after the next 2 weeks because I'm starting my last year of high school, and that including time with my girlfriend I won't really have time to finish an entire script translation

Anubis

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
DarthNemesis said:
Kiradn said:
I was wondering if anyone could come up with a translation of Nanashi no Geemu.

Funny shit Darth.

Thumbs up for this thread only because I'd love to see this game translated, other than that there's not much I can do and apparently neither can you. Next time you open a thread like this you should include some of your ongoing translation, because usually gathering people and starting from scratch might be hard.

Is there any way you could dedicate some time to this Darth?

Kiradn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If there were a script of the japanese text already, I could get started right away, but if not I'll try starting the game again and writing stuff down. I'll attempt to have the first day done by the end of the week.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Whooosh said:

I patched 2 japemese games to english lately with no problem.(Jump ultimate stars and soma bringer)

this just made me laugh xD

Kiradn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
this is why I'm asking for more people...I guess you can call this an open translation. and in terms of the custom encoding, doesn't that make it really hard to get to the script? I dunno, I'm not good at programing

DataDrain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
DarthNemesis said:
Kiradn said:

QUOTE(Kiradn @ Aug 29 2009, 01:23 PM) I was wondering if anyone could come up with a translation of Nanashi no Geemu.

You are my hero.

Also, I think the issues with actually patching this were discussed in this thread:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=108228

psycoblaster

Divine
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Kiradn said:
this is why I'm asking for more people...I guess you can call this an open translation.
hmm... an open translation led by someone clueless at even starting the translation. pretty nice.

QUOTE(Kiradn @ Aug 31 2009, 06:29 AM) and in terms of the custom encoding, doesn't that make it really hard to get to the script? I dunno, I'm not good at programing
custom encoding isn't too bad, because most of the time it's not completely scrambled up
usually it has an order just like a normal encoding. I haven't even looked at this game, but in several cases, the encoding is related to the font, which is another thing you need to consider if you are going to do something.

KiC

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The encoding isn't bad, only a bit unusual. The game is divided into several rooms, and every room has its own text file with a small scripting language. Every room also has its own font (two fonts, actually. One for the main and one for the sub screen). They contain only the characters used by the text for that particular screen in that particular room, in order of appearance.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo