• Views 4,634
  • Replies 58

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always wanted costume packs for my Super Smash Bros. characters.

But in all seriousness, they have more experience developing fighters than Nintendo, cut them some slack.
You bring up a good point. Although I never saw smash bros as THE competitive fighter game (that title belongs to SF), it is very competitive nonetheless. Having Namco on board could result in some (better) sexy balanced competitive gameplay.

In all honesty the only reason it's "competitive" is because Melee had way too many exploits and glitches to abuse. Tekken, Soul Calibur, etc, are competitive because of their intentional design.

Mind you I don't expect Namco to be making this too far off the beaten path here but they may try to give some advice on balancing. I'm not too sure what Namco's track record on balance in their fighting games is but it has to be leagues better than any semblance of "balance" in SSB.

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Idolmaster Dearly Stars Assist Trophies have a chance of being in.

I want Kohak Hearts in for a Tales of Character or anyone in Tales of Phantasia.

YoshiKart

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pac Man's Butt Bounce from the World series. And the Rev Roll... Oh boy.
But at least this will speed up dev progress. I hope.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The chances of a Tales character being in SSB4 is probably around 0.1% chance.
As much as i'd love it. There's really no point being optimistic about it for two reasons.

1: SSB only has Nintendo characters.
2: Bamco is fucking awful.

D

Deleted_171835

OP
As much as i'd love it. There's really no point being optimistic about it for two reasons.

Solid Snake was in Smash Bros. Brawl.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

... *checks producer*
Wut. I thought he was Nintendo.
You got me there.

Given the way Bamco treats the Tales series though, i'm still highly, highly doubtful. If they add anyone from a Bamco game, it very likely wont be from the Tales series.

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
At first when they announced this at Nintendo Direct, I was like "Whatttttt?"

I hate Smash anyway. This is good news for me, because the new game will be completely different from the other three and have a chance of being good.

Rasas

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Balancing issues exist is Namco Bandai fighters look at Soul Calibur 3 and 5 while Tekken is usually almost perfect Soul Calibur always had issues which with the variety of characters and other things balancing isn't bound to be that great.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DLC
Hopefully Nintendo won't listen to Namco Bandai once they start talking about DLC. People complain about Capcom's In-Game DLC too much, but that's because they don't know about Namco Bandai. They started the trend first and they still hold the title, numerically speaking.

DLC in Smash Bros would be a sign of the apocalypse. But seriously, i hate how Namco handles DLC lately, the DLC they had on Tales of Graces F was ridiculous. 4$ for a new costume

Reactions: 1 person

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
They said the people were working on it were the best from Namco Bandai, such as people from the teams of Tales, Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme VS, SoulCalibur, and Tekken..

I'm so excited.

SC V was just terrible btw.... So I have little hope for this game.

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DLC
Hopefully Nintendo won't listen to Namco Bandai once they start talking about DLC. People complain about Capcom's In-Game DLC too much, but that's because they don't know about Namco Bandai. They started the trend first and they still hold the title, numerically speaking.

DLC in Smash Bros would be a sign of the apocalypse. But seriously, i hate how Namco handles DLC lately, the DLC they had on Tales of Graces F was ridiculous. 4$ for a new costume

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
If I were to see Lloyd Irving as character, I'm sold. But that's unlikely because of 20+ protagonists tales of - series.

DLC characters'd make good money and bring them to Smash series. Oh, and Smash series were great in N64/GC/Wii but I feel like Nintendo doing something fresh, and namco helping could be a great addition to this.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania

... *checks producer*
You got me there.

Given the way Bamco treats the Tales series though, i'm still highly, highly doubtful. If they add anyone from a Bamco game, it very likely wont be from the Tales series.
Know who I expect to be in if Bamco gets a rep?
919578-14039.jpg

Regardless, I have a few things to say. Bamco isn't taking over development of Smash Bros. They've hired some Bamco employees to work under Sakurai as part of his development team. They did the same thing for Brawl. Sakurai still has full creative control over the entire project. The only difference between this and the mad scramble to form a team for Brawl is that Bamco apparently wants their label on the box.

Reactions: 1 person

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

... *checks producer*
You got me there.

Sonic was also in Brawl. XD

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Bye bye Smash Bros....

You can't just expect the game to rot just because Namco's helping. In fact, I think it will be better. Besides, do you want this game to get delayed just like SSBB?

Yes, the longer it takes the better it will be. I don't want no stinking lackluster game.

D

Deleted User

OP
Offtopic, With DLC that means they can bring out more Characters/stages

DLC doesn't always mean that it cost money, but in some cases free additional items..

The fact that 3DS now SUPPORTS DLC doesn't mean Nintendo is going to charge 15 dollars for ever new character they make.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo