• Likes 1

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zorua said:
Lolcat said:
I know this is stupid, but I started playing the EU Pokemon Black Rom and would like to switch to the U Pokemon White Rom. Can I rename my save or do I have to start over?

Rename your save. It should work.
if lolcat wants a messed up white forest.

Z

Zorua

OP
basher11 said:
Zorua said:
Lolcat said:
I know this is stupid, but I started playing the EU Pokemon Black Rom and would like to switch to the U Pokemon White Rom. Can I rename my save or do I have to start over?

Well, at least it works.

FrankensteinTank

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zorua said:
basher11 said:
Zorua said:
Lolcat said:

Well, at least it works.

So it will work but the White Forest and/or Black City, depending on if you have Pokemon White or Pokemon Black will be messed up. Well that sucks. Is that the only downfall to it?

Freek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Frankenstein Tank said:
So it will work but the White Forest and/or Black City, depending on if you have Pokemon White or Pokemon Black will be messed up. Well that sucks. Is that the only downfall to it?

so what exactly about White Forest/Black City messes up from using a renamed save from (E) to (U)?

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Freek said:
Frankenstein Tank said:
so what exactly about White Forest/Black City messes up from using a renamed save from (E) to (U)?
He's not just switching regions, he's planning to use his Black save with the White game. That's what will cause issues with Black City/White Forest.

FrankensteinTank

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YayMii said:
Freek said:
Frankenstein Tank said:
He's not just switching regions, he's planning to use his Black save with the White game. That's what will cause issues with Black City/White Forest.

So if you used a European Pokemon White save on a US Pokemon White Rom everything should work fine? Everyone seems to have a different opinion on this. Well anyway I'll just try it out and see what happens.

Z

Zorua

OP
Frankenstein Tank said:
YayMii said:
Freek said:
Frankenstein Tank said:

So if you used a European Pokemon White save on a US Pokemon White Rom everything should work fine? Everyone seems to have a different opinion on this.

Yes, unless you decide to use the European White with Black.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Frankenstein Tank said:
So if you used a European Pokemon White save on a US Pokemon White Rom everything should work fine? Everyone seems to have a different opinion on this.
The save will work in that situation. As far as we know, the EU and US versions are practically identical except for the credits. Unless someone can prove to me that the EU gets different Gen5 events than the US.

FrankensteinTank

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YayMii said:
Frankenstein Tank said:
The save will work in that situation. As far as we know, the EU and US versions are practically identical except for the credits. Unless someone can prove to me that the EU gets different Gen5 events than the US.

Alright, thank you Zorua and YayMii. Just wanted that clarified.

Z

Zorua

OP
Lolcat said:
What messes up? Do you know in particular?

If you use the Black sav with White or the other way round. It happens because both of them have an exclusive city.

gumbyx84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MrGizMo said:
Rockym said:
I use an NDS Adapter Plus. I got it so I could easily rip and restore my HG/SS saves and it works just as well for B/W.

http://www.consolesource.com/ecomm/catalog...lus-p-3018.html

No normal way i see
frown.gif
. Hmm i am not going to give up my save game of Black. Guess i am not buying then
frown.gif

Zorua said:
Reron said:
Does anyone know if it's possible for me to dump my save on my R4 and then transfer it back to a real cart.

http://gbatemp.net/t274290-how-to-dump-you...-ds-games-saves

Try this.
That method won't work with HG/SS or B/W due to the IR port. This is the only software solution I have found that can rip a HG/SS save. Not sure if it will work on B/W as I haven't tested it.

@MrGizMo: What does not being able to backup your save have to do with buying it or not? No offense, but that is a weak reason to pirate.

QUOTE(DJ91990 @ Mar 7 2011, 11:03 PM)
Zoura, you must be talking about the "Crossover Glitch."
I uploaded a video on Youtube showing how it is triggered and it's effects!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZD4CJJoBaGk[/youtube]
Could you just tell us what happens?

shayminSKY

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YayMii said:
Freek said:
Frankenstein Tank said:
i Started pokemon white (EUR) and switched my sav over to the pokemon white (U) rom. will that mess up my white forest? because i changed country, not game...?

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
shayminSKY said:
YayMii said:
Freek said:
Frankenstein Tank said:
i Started pokemon white (EUR) and switched my sav over to the pokemon white (U) rom. will that mess up my white forest? because i changed country, not game...?
As far as anyone knows, no it shouldn't do anything wrong. If it does be sure to come back here and complain inform us on your issues.
happy.gif

Syberia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using the latest patch in the ROM hacking forum, I've got the US version working well in DeSmuME at the moment.

DSCF2276.jpg

Wha... who said Pokemon wasn't a console game?
smile.gif

Z

Zorua

OP
Syberia said:
Using the latest patch in the ROM hacking forum, I've got the US version working well in DeSmuME at the moment.

-snip- image

Wha... who said Pokemon wasn't a console game?
smile.gif

Look at oshawott, it's just so 'stretchy'. Well anyway, put that image in tag.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0