GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
And even if they did send their code, chances are, you wouldn't be able to understand it, at all.
And i, the complete arsehole, would release it to the world (or to someone who's made a fairly successful homebrew or someone otherwise talented in programming) and at least someone would understand it. I try my best to learn programming, and something totally -out there- can help. Example: Give me a video game. Almost any video game. I'll play the easy levels, and die horribly. I'll play on expert mode, and i'll pwn. Why? I just don't know... How does that relate to what I was talking about? Gimme some hard-ass program, and with a bit of referencing, I'll get it. Gimme some easy program, and i'll just sit there and knock my head through the wall.

Ben_j

Trophies
Website
www.nintendo-gamers.net
XP
Country
France
Well here's a quick question. Not really on top of hardware capablilties of the DS, but the SNES had cartridges with onboard chips like the SA-1 which would more than double the SNES' processing power. Can something like that be implemented on the DS?

Chips like that would be pointless on NDS... By that time, graphics were the evolution... by now, Nintendo has a new policy, and I don't think we'll ever have a chip to improve its specs...

BJWanlund

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anybody tried *may or may not be legal* ripping the source code from the N64 ROMs?

That would be a start, because the guy behind TetAtt DS (i believe) ripped the source code from the Super Nintendo ROM of Tetris Attack.

BJ

cenotaph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Even if you spent the ungodly amounts of time needed to disassemble and understand the code of an average N64 rom, you'd still need to rewrite the entire thing from scratch for the DS. It's not like you can run it through an application which'll pop out some C-code for you to compile on whatever platform you please. If it was that easy pretty much all games would be multi-platform.

Come to think of it, the entire line of thought baffles me. How's it not possible to realize how hardware specific most applications are in their programming, especially when considering games which usually are the apps to really showcase hw-specifics?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto