• Super Smash Bros. (HELL YEAH)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

1776WillCommenceAgain

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wrong brah... n64 had so many great games it's ridiculous...

if the 3ds is hacked and an n64 emulator is fully functioning it will be a definite purchase for me... WWF No Mercy and Conker's Bad Fur Day in a portable format? hell yeah...

I actually didn't think smash bros was that great and Ocarina was cool but like all Zelda games, to me it doesn't have that much replayability. I prefer Conker over both... Ocarina is great though... great memories with that game but it sucks that once I beat it, or any Zelda game for that matter, it'd be a year or more before I decide to replay the game again...

Net_Bastard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the PSP, Dreamcast, and iPhone can run an N64 emulator, a 3DS running one is more than possible. That is, if it can be hacked.

SuperMarioMaster

Trophies
Website
s14.zetaboards.com
XP
Country
United States
Vigilante said:
why Are people excited about n64 emu I mean n64 only had a few games like zelda and smash bros the other are sh##

Super Mario 64 would like a word with you!
angry.gif

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Vigilante said:
why Are people excited about n64 emu I mean n64 only had a few games like zelda and smash bros the other are sh##

We see you trollin'.

QUOTEIf the PSP, Dreamcast, and iPhone can run an N64 emulator, a 3DS running one is more than possible. That is, if it can be hacked.
PSPs N64 emulator sucks, Dreamcast and iPhone also happen to be more powerful than the 3DS.

Painguy

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
gamefreak94 said:
I know this is unrelated but which has better graphics. ps2 or Gamecube? I'm asking since the 3ds is rumored to have graphics a little better than gamecube and psp is almost ps2 graphics(When i mean almost i don't mean like this ? ? close but like ? ?
Also do you think the 3DS has better graphics than PSP? B/c one guy and I were arguing on which has better graphics.

Ontopic: Why need emulation when Nintendo are recreating the N64 games?(Well the first party games anyways.)

Gamecube was stronger than the PS2 by quite a bit. The PSP is weaker than the PS2. The GC's CPU is argued to be close to that of the xbox 1 actually (possibly better in some areas, i personally wouldnt go that far though), but there were a number of sacrifices Nintendo made for pricing reasons.

In terms of raw performance the 3DS is a little stronger than teh GC, but is capable of outputting visuals SEEMINGLY close to that of current gen consoles mainly because its GPU has a much more up to date feature set. The 3DS is VERY far from teh power of current consoles though so just make sure u remember that. alot of ppl like IGN are saying that its like the 360 even though that is not true.

Painguy

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
ShadowSoldier said:
Vigilante said:

We see you trollin'.

QUOTEIf the PSP, Dreamcast, and iPhone can run an N64 emulator, a 3DS running one is more than possible. That is, if it can be hacked.
PSPs N64 emulator sucks, Dreamcast and iPhone also happen to be more powerful than the 3DS.

dreamcast is not more powerful than the 3DS. In fact its far from it. The iphones CPU is much better than the 3DS, but the GPU on the other hand is not. Its either a little weaker or a little stronger. Only advantage Iphone's GPU has over 3DS is its unified RAM which allows better textures because it isnt a measly 64mb
tongue.gif
. Iphone 4 technically can push 25mil poly's raw(not textured) total@200mhz. The 3DS PICA200 can push 15mil @100mhz with a simple texture according to DMP. so idk how much raw would be. 3DS is running at 133mhz according to the rumors so imagine that being at around 20mil (15*.3=19.5, disregarding possible logarithmic performance change) with a simple diffuse texture. raw might be a little higher. They are almost on par. I say that its weaker. John Carmack of all ppl only managed RAGE to be an on rails game @30fps on the iphone. Also as good as Infinity Blade looks it only looks that good because of how static the game is. Notice how fighter games are always more detailed than more open games. this is because there is much to draw on the screen other than the characters & a relatively small level. I dont rly think the SGX 535 is ideal for gaming applications. it just isnt built for it IMO. next iPhone will probably be stronger though.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
The above post uses figures from entirely unconfirmed rumours. The single piece of info we have on the hardware is that it's running a PICA200 chip of some sort.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Again, why to people compare numbers and assume that higher the number, the better?

First of, comparing iPhone with 3DS is like comparing apples with oranges. iPhone needs stronger parts because it does more than just gaming. iPhone runs background process which makes it more demanding on CPU/memory.

Second, it doesn't matter what 3DS is capable of. Heck, I'll use Wii as an example. Wii is the least powerful console in seventh generation. Wii cannot do high-definition graphic. Does that mean Wii has horrible graphic? Of course not. Look at Super Mario Galaxy, Sonic Colors, Metroid, etc. All those games have excellent, if not superb, graphics. In fact it is up to game developers to figure out how to produce a great graphic game under a given limitation.

Third, 3DS is capable of emulating N64. How good? Probably not what you expected. Will it improved and be a superb emulator? That depends on the developer. If a developer is smart and creative he/she may figure out a way overcome hardware limitation.

Fourth, STOP COMPARING NUMBERS. STOP COMPARING 3DS TO IPHONE/PSP2.

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Net_Bastard said:
If the PSP, Dreamcast, and iPhone can run an N64 emulator, a 3DS running one is more than possible. That is, if it can be hacked.
Yep and the 3DS will Whip PSP and DreamCast's asses.
Anyway people need to make a descent emulator, i find Wii64 terrible...

Oh and people shouldn't compare things with all the specs to choose stuff.
Sony fanboys keep saying that Wii has terrible graphics, i'm like WTF you haven't even seen it.
If they saw Mario Kart Wii they'd think differently.
Anyway i tried MW2 on the PS3 and they try to make it too real and make it smokey in levels and crap it's very annoying, cause you can hardly see.

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
lol how can people compare Iphone's cpu to 3DS's cpu. Since when was the 3DS CPU info was released apart from rumours which is like sand slipping through your hands. We have no real information about it.

RNorthex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FireGrey said:
Sony fanboys keep saying that Wii has terrible graphics, i'm like WTF you haven't even seen it.
Anyway i tried MW2 on the PS3 and they try to make it too real and make it smokey in levels and crap it's very annoying, cause you can hardly see.

sony: http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=222

anw, it's always about hardwares
since the wii and ds, nintendo is reluctant to make the hardware specs public ofc and not surprisingly: you can even see the example here
when ppl see a number, they automatically think the higher's the better, the big N knows that

imo, capcom's developer interview should be enough
they pretty much said they eat processing power for breakfast and they finally see something in the 3ds, let that be enough

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
RNorthex said:
FireGrey said:

sony: http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=222

anw, it's always about hardwares
since the wii and ds, nintendo is reluctant to make the hardware specs public ofc and not surprisingly: you can even see the example here
when ppl see a number, they automatically think the higher's the better, the big N knows that

imo, capcom's developer interview should be enough
they pretty much said they eat processing power for breakfast and they finally see something in the 3ds, let that be enough
But there is one factor that higher is better doesn't apply to.
THE PRICE!
Anyway i know Nintendo won't do stupid lighting with their next gen home console.
They won't though, they want to look better, all that lighting looks unreal and crappy.
Anyway why would games need to look as real as possible?
A game is NOT real so it's stupid to get heavy darkness and brightness to screw things up.

EDI: Some things are better fake
smile.gif

RNorthex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FireGrey said:
Anyway why would games need to look as real as possible?
A game is NOT real so it's stupid to get heavy darkness and brightness to screw things up.

EDI: Some things are better fake
smile.gif

exactly
if i want friggin real time graphs i look around me
if i want realistic crappines then the real world is wide open

and still...the endless games based on WWs don't stop.....

anyway on topic, the n64 has some good games, the wii indeed had a crappy emulator and the 3ds hardware will surely be able to play n64 games, they didn't have the perfect fps, yeah, but it never seemed much problem for me
why i don't like the n64[and ps1,saturn] is that it was the beginning of 3d games, the graphics looked beyond horrable and awkward for some of the games

Zerox8610

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm saying YES. It will be able to. Look at the PSP. Runs Super Mario 64 at almost full speed.
3DS is taking its hardware to what is probably 2-3 steps beyond that

Whether Nintendo will officially support it however.....
Lets stay positive
happy.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.kontrolfreek.com/products/south-park-kenny-edition-thumbsticks?utm_source=facebook&ut...