Homebrew RELEASE N64 dynarec is out as beta release

atypicalchaos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Dont start via album

I mentioned in a previous post (two posts up from the one you quoted) that I was launching hbloader through Thumper (took me awhile too as it would only launch with the title key and not =app). Thanks for your response though.

It cannot be chainloaded from SX, you need to load the updated hekate directly.

This is the only thing that stood out to me but assumed that since I was launching Hekate this would be enough. I personally entered the scene when The SX dongle launched and I haveused this ever since. Im at work right now so I cant use the terminal in front of me (I rely on the dongle to boot everything atmosphere..hekate etc...) so once Im home Ill try setting up my computer before I go to bed as I just recently acquired a usbA/usbC cord. But just to confirm since your comment actually confuses me a bit and Ive only ever used SX bootloader....The thing I am injecting from my computer is the modified Hekate payload correct? From which I would launch Atmo (someone on Discord suggested I use Kosmos instead)

Ive just ordered an An AceNs so I should be able to inject other payloads without chainloading whil Im out and about once I get it. i will report back about my experience once I get home and set eveything up on my personal pc

Last edited by atypicalchaos,

m4xw

Ancient Deity
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I mentioned in a previous post (two posts up from the one you quoted) that I was launching hbloader through Thumper (took me awhile too as it would only launch with the title key and not =app). Thanks for your response though.

This is the only thing that stood out to me but assumed that since I was launching Hekate this would be enough. I personally entered the scene when The SX dongle launched and I haveused this ever since. Im at work right now so I cant use the terminal in front of me (I rely on the dongle to boot everything atmosphere..hekate etc...) so once Im home Ill try setting up my computer before I go to bed as I just recently acquired a usbA/usbC cord. But just to confirm since your comment actually confuses me a big and Ive only ever used SX bootloader. The thing I am injecting from my computer is the modified Hekate payload correct? From which I would launch Atmo (someone on Discord suggested I use Kosmos instead)

Ive just ordered an An AceNs so I should be able to inject other payloads without chainloading whil Im out and about once I get it. i will report back about my experience once I get home and set eveything up on my personal pc
Horizon fw version?

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan

This is the only thing that stood out to me but assumed that since I was launching Hekate this would be enough. I personally entered the scene when The SX dongle launched and I haveused this ever since. Im at work right now so I cant use the terminal in front of me (I rely on the dongle to boot everything atmosphere..hekate etc...) so once Im home Ill try setting up my computer before I go to bed as I just recently acquired a usbA/usbC cord. But just to confirm since your comment actually confuses me a bit and Ive only ever used SX bootloader....The thing I am injecting from my computer is the modified Hekate payload correct? From which I would launch Atmo (someone on Discord suggested I use Kosmos instead)

You can load hekate directly on the SX Pro dongle without loading SX first. You have to use the SX Gear package, this lets you load any arbitrary payload.bin file.

atypicalchaos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you, I didnt realize that either. Im getting a bunch of feedback on Discord as well. I apppreciate everyone who gave me their time.

You can load hekate directly on the SX Pro dongle without loading SX first. You have to use the SX Gear package, this lets you load any arbitrary payload.bin file.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Curent config I'm using for Mupen Next:

Code:
mupen64plus-169screensize = "1280x720"
mupen64plus-43screensize = "1280x960"
mupen64plus-aspect = "16:9 adjusted"
mupen64plus-astick-deadzone = "15"
mupen64plus-astick-sensitivity = "100"
mupen64plus-BilinearMode = "standard"
mupen64plus-CorrectTexrectCoords = "Off"
mupen64plus-CountPerOp = "0"
mupen64plus-cpucore = "dynamic_recompiler"
mupen64plus-CropMode = "Auto"
mupen64plus-d-cbutton = "C3"
mupen64plus-EnableCopyColorToRDRAM = "Async"
mupen64plus-EnableCopyDepthToRDRAM = "FromMem"
mupen64plus-EnableFBEmulation = "False"
mupen64plus-EnableFragmentDepthWrite = "False"
mupen64plus-EnableHWLighting = "False"
mupen64plus-EnableLegacyBlending = "True"
mupen64plus-EnableNativeResTexrects = "False"
mupen64plus-EnableShadersStorage = "True"
mupen64plus-FrameDuping = "True"
mupen64plus-l-cbutton = "C2"
mupen64plus-MultiSampling = "0"
mupen64plus-pak1 = "memory"
mupen64plus-pak2 = "none"
mupen64plus-pak3 = "none"
mupen64plus-pak4 = "memory"
mupen64plus-r-cbutton = "C1"
mupen64plus-rspmode = "HLE"
mupen64plus-txEnhancementMode = "None"
mupen64plus-txFilterIgnoreBG = "False"
mupen64plus-txFilterMode = "None"
mupen64plus-txHiresEnable = "False"
mupen64plus-txHiresFullAlphaChannel = "False"
mupen64plus-u-cbutton = "C4"
@ShadowOne333 sorry for quoting you every now and then but this would be great to have it in the RetroArch thread's OP as well. :)

Reactions: ShadowOne333

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you very much for the suggestion. I just updated to 0.8.3 (replaced primary .bin in the hekate payload folder as well as secondary in atmosphere folder and all kip files) i tried loading sm64 and it crashed to horizon...tried a second time and it crashed to horizon and then horizon crashed again.
Your not alone it does not matter how i launch retroarch through nsp through atmosphere i am stuck with this error everytime i try to load content and choose a n64 rom.
DiO7iXn.jpg

grabman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your not alone it does not matter how i launch retroarch through nsp through atmosphere i am stuck with this error everytime i try to load content and choose a n64 rom.
DiO7iXn.jpg

That is definitely not normal what firmware are you on? Are you launching using an eshop title id in loader.ini? Also have you tried different roms? Wre the roms zipped? Mine are extracted. Is anything else working? Retroarch nes or psnes for example. Any other homebrew working?

Exfat?

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is definitely not normal what firmware are you on? Are you launching using an eshop title id in loader.ini? Also have you tried different roms? Wre the roms zipped? Mine are extracted. Is anything else working? Retroarch nes or psnes for example. Any other homebrew working?

Exfat?
Im on 6.2.0 firmware i have tried launching it every way possible. Every rom does it none are zipped every other core works perfect and i have no problem with other homebrew im using fat32.

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
N64 is the only thing that gives me that atmosphere error as far as I know on retroarch here and there but at least I could always reload atmosphere easily now with the volume button.
Not to sure if mupen next just got released today but based on the gbatemp front page it seems it was. The other day the core I seen I was using was mupen64 plus open gl 2.5 3bf2b0f.
Edit
Going to try mupen next to see if that doesn’t slowdown Mario kart 64 if I select net play.

Last edited by fst312,

atypicalchaos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I was able to get everything working. The issue was that I was chainloading fusee once inside hekate as I i only had the two .bins and was lacking files that Hekate required to even launch CFW (i.e. I wasng given the option to launch CFW within Hekate without these files) the author provided me withh the following.....

https://www.sdsetup.com/console?swi...os_bootlogo;atmos_fusee;atmos_sysftpd;hbmenu;

This will give you the base files needed...fusee primary needs to be added as reboot_payload.bin and the version of hekate with patches available to patrons as update.bin to the bootloader folder and obviously you need the mupen64next .nro that is modified for use with the special version of Hekate

At the end of the day the issue was that I overestimated my understanding of how hekate worked as I hadnt used it before (only ever used SX bootloader to load fusee primary .bin).....or in other words I was being a noob :P

SX bootloader using external payload DOES work with these Hekate patches if you launch cfw from Hekate...but chainloading to fusee once in Hekate bypasses the patching as was pointed out in Discord to me and was also highlighted elsewhere on the server though I was just ignorant of what that meant.

Is there ever a difference performance-wise!! Hybrid heaven seems completely playable with no OC whereas pre-patch it ran suuper slow to the point of not being able to enjoy it. The author is doing a really great job...I am very impressed with the fast progress :)

Last edited by atypicalchaos,
Reactions: Ty_

Soprano519

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im on 6.2.0 firmware i have tried launching it every way possible. Every rom does it none are zipped every other core works perfect and i have no problem with other homebrew im using fat32.

Has anyone found a fix for this it’s driving me crazy I can not get n64 to run no matter what firmware I am on

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

N64 is the only thing that gives me that atmosphere error as far as I know on retroarch here and there but at least I could always reload atmosphere easily now with the volume button.
Not to sure if mupen next just got released today but based on the gbatemp front page it seems it was. The other day the core I seen I was using was mupen64 plus open gl 2.5 3bf2b0f.
Edit
Going to try mupen next to see if that doesn’t slowdown Mario kart 64 if I select net play.

Same here same error no matter what game I try and play

grabman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone found a fix for this it’s driving me crazy I can not get n64 to run no matter what firmware I am on

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Same here same error no matter what game I try and play

Look at the reply above yours could that be your trouble?

You are definitely doing something differently as this is working on multiole consoles for me. How do you put the files on your switch ftp memory card reader etc

Soprano519

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look at the reply above yours could that be your trouble?

You are definitely doing something differently as this is working on multiole consoles for me. How do you put the files on your switch ftp memory card reader etc

Memory card to the computer I used the latest sdfiles I don’t use ftp to slow it worked fine a little while ago now it don’t work at all I reformatted , tried all 3 Cfw nothing keeps giving me that error

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I was able to get everything working. The issue was that I was chainloading fusee once inside hekate as I i only had the two .bins and was lacking files that Hekate required to even launch CFW (i.e. I wasng given the option to launch CFW within Hekate without these files) the author provided me withh the following.....

https://www.sdsetup.com/console?swi...os_bootlogo;atmos_fusee;atmos_sysftpd;hbmenu;

This will give you the base files needed...fusee primary needs to be added as reboot_payload.bin and the version of hekate with patches available to patrons as update.bin to the bootloader folder and obviously you need the mupen64next .nro that is modified for use with the special version of Hekate

At the end of the day the issue was that I overestimated my understanding of how hekate worked as I hadnt used it before (only ever used SX bootloader to load fusee primary .bin).....or in other words I was being a noob :P

SX bootloader using external payload DOES work with these Hekate patches if you launch cfw from Hekate...but chainloading to fusee once in Hekate bypasses the patching as was pointed out in Discord to me and was also highlighted elsewhere on the server though I was just ignorant of what that meant.

Is there ever a difference performance-wise!! Hybrid heaven seems completely playable with no OC whereas pre-patch it ran suuper slow to the point of not being able to enjoy it. The author is doing a really great job...I am very impressed with the fast progress :)

This is confusing as heck to me. I am on SX OS and want to use the new Hekate features. Can someone explain this to me like I was 5?

Nevermind I think I get it. I'm not a patron (yet) and don't have all the files needed.

Last edited by ,

Soprano519

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is confusing as heck to me. I am on SX OS and want to use the new Hekate features. Can someone explain this to me like I was 5?

Nevermind I think I get it. I'm not a patron (yet) and don't have all the files needed.
I’m confused on what to do here too. What should I do to get the mupen core working what pack should I select. I have the latest kosmos already and nothing is working

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, :creep: