Homebrew RELEASE N64 dynarec is out as beta release

Codiox

Trophies
XP
Country
South Africa
@m4xw

After using your configs from reddit the performance is really good now. I wonder what did I miss, couldn't find a difference...

Anyway, out of curiosity, Is there some kind of shader compilation at work here? I know this from cemu, dolphin, rpcs3, really helped these emulators.

Unfortunately Fzero x still crashes to a horizon error screen like others already mentioned.

Reactions: SLiV3R

Sakuraibr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Great news and great work!
Thanks for sharing. I've been waiting months to get my hands on this.
Also, is there a public issues tracker? This would prevent people on asking about already know issues on this dynarec and current beta state.

Anyway to get the emulation to pause when you press the home button? Testing with Mario Kart 64 and the race continues when looking at the dashboard.

This is Retroarch coded and happens on every core if using NSP. The pause on home menu access might be implemented in the future but it's not supported as of now.

Reactions: Odb718

m4xw

Ancient Deity
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Great news and great work!
Thanks for sharing. I've been waiting months to get my hands on this.
Also, is there a public issues tracker? This would prevent people on asking about already know issues on this dynarec and current beta state.

This is Retroarch coded and happens on every core if using NSP. The pause on home menu access might be implemented in the future but it's not supported as of now.
We will start tracking Issues when it starts to make sense.
I will write a FAQ later on tho.

Codiox

Trophies
XP
Country
South Africa
Tested some more,

Fzero X runs fine, it depends what region your Rom has. Using USA region rom is the best for compatibility it seems.

Reactions: SLiV3R

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I guess I'm doing something horribly wrong.
Banjo severely lagging, Kirby lagging a bit and crashing when getting to gameplay, Paper Mario severe slowdown, Pokemon Snap actually ran well, but the game didn't recognize any pictures snapped (but that's apparently an issue with emulating this in general).

I did use the configurations from the download, as well as changed resolution, aspect and toggled integer. no improvements as far as i could tell

So I'll wait for a more complete release

Last edited by Clydefrosch,

TimeDevouncer

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
OMFG! Really? Arfghhh, I need my switch right now!

Someone can test Ogre Battle 64, Sin and Punishment, Shadowman and Mischief Makers, please?

@m4xw

After using your configs from reddit the performance is really good now. I wonder what did I miss, couldn't find a difference...

Anyway, out of curiosity, Is there some kind of shader compilation at work here? I know this from cemu, dolphin, rpcs3, really helped these emulators.

Unfortunately Fzero x still crashes to a horizon error screen like others already mentioned.

What configs?

Sakuraibr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@m4xw

Yes, there is. The shader compilation makes the emulator stutter for now when generating cache but it should improve in the future.

pedrogonzales

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
after putting the cfg files it seems i cant access the setting menu when i am ingame ...any one have this issue ? how to solve it ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling.