Hacking N3DS XL Firmware by version number

Status
Not open for further replies.

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just went to nearby pawn shop looking for CN or OOT. Found none. Then I saw a new 3DS with QW1002 serial! Asked to test it, but turned out it had been updated to 9.8. I have terrible luck, don't I!?

thebatdadd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm curious about purchasing the regular N3DS model through play-asia too. I read a few pages ago in this topic that someone got a 9.0 FW N3DS from that site. Does anyone know if this is common? I've been scouring ebay for a N3DS that is 9.2 or under but it's nearly impossible to find one with 100% certainty, most of them say 'new in box 2014 model'. If it's from 2014 I assume it is under 9.2, but it's such a pain.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm curious about purchasing the regular N3DS model through play-asia too. I read a few pages ago in this topic that someone got a 9.0 FW N3DS from that site. Does anyone know if this is common? I've been scouring ebay for a N3DS that is 9.2 or under but it's nearly impossible to find one with 100% certainty, most of them say 'new in box 2014 model'. If it's from 2014 I assume it is under 9.2, but it's such a pain.
From my knowledge the japanese white models come with either 8.1 or 9.0 I have not read about someone getting anything higher but don't quote me on this as it still comes down to luck.

Reactions: Gruntzer

thebatdadd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From my knowledge the japanese white models come with either 8.1 or 9.0 I have not read about someone getting anything higher but don't quote me on this as it still comes down to luck.
Thanks for the response! Interesting, I'll do some more research then to try to find out if this is the case.

markz716

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My first post here! After the employee told me that "it's impossible because all of our New 3DS just came in a shipment from no more than a month ago" I used this list, asked him to read off the first four of a few SN and got a:

US N3DS
QW1034
Black
9.0.0-20U

GameStop - Upstate NY.

First store I went to, my hunt lasted all of about 2 minutes. Plenty left in stock. They're still out there guys! :)

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My first post here! After the employee told me that "it's impossible because all of our New 3DS just came in a shipment from no more than a month ago" I used this list, asked him to read off the first four of a few SN and got a:

US N3DS
QW1034
Black
9.0.0-20U

GameStop - Upstate NY.

First store I went to, my hunt lasted all of about 2 minutes. Plenty left in stock. They're still out there guys! :)
I am super jelly:evil:

mskiller

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi there, i double check the list, and as I cannot find the serial on the N3DS MH4U (eu) box I was looking for a confirmation that it is still coming with a firmware 9.2 and not up ? anyone knows ?

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Hi there, i double check the list, and as I cannot find the serial on the N3DS MH4U (eu) box I was looking for a confirmation that it is still coming with a firmware 9.2 and not up ? anyone knows ?

I don't think they made a second run. I have personally only ran into problems with zelda mm usa special addition being 9.3+

cheesylard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have ordered a ton of jpn n3ds units from amazon. I have only really had luck with select special additions.
I ordered one of the Smash Bros 3DS LL's from Amazon (advertised as brand new). The system firmware was 9.8. I checked the ID on the back (QJF1023) and based on the chart, it should have 8.1. So basically that means they opened the case, updated it, and then shipped it to me (which, by definition, is *NOT* brand new). The seller is JOYFULL, in case you were wondering. Don't buy from them.

Which sellers have you had consistent luck with?

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ordered one of the Smash Bros 3DS LL's from Amazon (advertised as brand new). The system firmware was 9.8. I checked the ID on the back (QJF1023) and based on the chart, it should have 8.1. So basically that means they opened the case, updated it, and then shipped it to me (which, by definition, is *NOT* brand new). The seller is JOYFULL, in case you were wondering. Don't buy from them.

contact the seller and ask for a refund amazon classifies like ebay new items as unused and unopened. 9.8 cant possibly come on an unopened console.

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States

I have had this happen a few times it's the warehouse not the seller. I ordered 10 non xl all updated manually to 9.4

So for for ssb I am 12/13 for 8.1 with one on 9.6 that was obviously manually updated

cheesylard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have had this happen a few times it's the warehouse not the seller. I ordered 10 non xl all updated manually to 9.4

So for for ssb I am 12/13 for 8.1 with one on 9.6 that was obviously manually updated
Were you able to get a refund on the 9.6?

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Were you able to get a refund on the 9.6?
btw what is the exact firmware
nvm I was trying to find out if it was updated online or from a cart, 9.8 never came as a cart update so its def used or lightly used and updated by order of someone.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

9.8 came out as an update 1 1/2 months ago

D

Deleted-368796

I can confirm that serial QW1030 is on firmware 9.0.0-20u
Thank you for the list. I picked one up yesterday with the Gamestop trade-in.

Been to this site many times in the past. Just created an account :)
First post for me!

Pacjent

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hello. ;)

Be aware of buying european version of New 3DS XL which serial number starts from QEH1034, yesterday I gave it a chance and I get 9.4. Thankfully a young lady in the store was very kind to me, and she let me to change that console to other one with lower serial number. So far away it is confirmed that:

EAU N3DS
QEH1034
Blue

and

EAU N3DS
QEH1006
Blue
9.0.0-20E

If You are from Netherlands I think is much easier to find them in small stores with toys, than a big eletronic stores like MediaMarkt, or Saturn. This is my second N3DS ready for ninjahax, and I found both of them in store called Bart Smit.

Reactions: Xenon Hacks
D

Deleted User

Just to confirm this version number.
Version Number: YEM1015
Region: EUR
Firmware: 9.0.0-20E
System Color: Black

Attachments

• Foto 2015-07-25 10 59 56.jpg
    Foto 2015-07-25 10 59 56.jpg
    488.1 KB · Views: 159