Hacking N3DS XL Firmware by version number

Status
Not open for further replies.

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought they came from the same manufacturing plant?
I don't know about that. These are for my nephews. I meant in the long run, if there will be a time in the future when a firmware upgrade is better than 9.2, my nephews won't don't know what to do without me.

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
I don't know about that. These are for my nephews. I meant in the long run, if there will be a time in the future when a firmware upgrade is better than 9.2, my nephews won't don't know what to do without me.

Only the ique had different hardware. Also it will be usa system nand so updating is always possible but why would you ever really want to update now that we have mset on 9.x? When they had support for 9.x on the o3ds the main attractions was to downgrade for mset

Tempest228

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your worried about them updating it in the future and stuff, might want to just consider getting them a sky3ds.

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only the ique had different hardware. Also it will be usa system nand so updating is always possible but why would you ever really want to update now that we have mset on 9.x? When they had support for 9.x on the o3ds the main attractions was to downgrade for mset
I said for far future. Maybe there will be ton of cool game that require >9.5. I may move and not be with my nephews. I want to make it easy for future.
If your worried about them updating it in the future and stuff, might want to just consider getting them a sky3ds.
If I am not mistaken, Sky3DS does not have homebrew support?

Tempest228

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I said for far future. Maybe there will be ton of cool game that require >9.5. I may move and not be with my nephews. I want to make it easy for future.
For now, there would be no way to play those games. New 3ds emuNAND only supports up to 9.5. In 9.6 Nintendo locked critical code for the new 3ds behind inaccessible memory.

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For now, there would be no way to play those games. New 3ds emuNAND only supports up to 9.5. In 9.6 Nintendo locked critical code for the new 3ds behind inaccessible memory.
That's what I meant I want to prepare for that situation for my nephews when the system due to an update in the end.

Prepare for the worst. Hope for the best.

Tempest228

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's what I meant I want to prepare for that situation for my nephews when the system due to an update in the end.
If you worried about all of this, I would not waste my time trying to hunt down 9.2 systems for them only to get updated in the end. If you want to get them a new 3ds, get an accompying sky3ds, so far Nintendo hasn't been able to block it an d it works on the latest firmware.

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States

So if no support for a game with 9.6 comes out you would rather throw away all the cia and hombrew support on emunand rather than wait for a firm launch? Seems silly

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if no support for a game with 9.6 comes out you would rather throw away all the cia and hombrew support on emunand rather than wait for a firm launch? Seems silly
I heard ninjhax 2.0 will have homebrew support for firmware >9.5.
If you worried about all of this, I would not waste my time trying to hunt down 9.2 systems for them only to get updated in the end. If you want to get them a new 3ds, get an accompying sky3ds, so far Nintendo hasn't been able to block it an d it works on the latest firmware.
I am only interested in homebrew. Not piracy stuff. Correct me, does Sky3DS not support homebrew?

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I am only interested in homebrew. Not piracy stuff. Correct me, does Sky3DS support homebrew?
sky3ds supports 0% homebrew. You need cubic ninja, gateway, or custom firmware!

Tempest228

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I am only interested in homebrew. Not piracy stuff. Correct me, does Sky3DS not support homebrew?

Cubic Ninja is the game that supports homebrew on systems above 9.0. You would have to find a US copy to enable it (they go for 30-50 a pop). Sky3ds is mostly for piracy as it emulates a 1:1 cartridge. You could emulate a Cubic Ninja cartridge with sky3ds.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

But then you need a 3ds on 9.2 or below...which is custom firmware compatible..
Not true. Smea is about to release ninjahax 2.0 to support homebrew on firmware up to 9.9. Sky 3ds works on any firmware up to 9.9

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cubic Ninja is the game that supports homebrew on systems above 9.0. You would have to find a US copy to enable it (they go for 30-50 a pop). Sky3ds is mostly for piracy as it emulates a 1:1 cartridge. You could emulate a Cubic Ninja cartridge with sky3ds.
For now, my friend lends me his CN copy. I am looking for a copy myself.

That's why I am looking for 9.2 N3DS because RXTools&PastaCFW looking to add N3DS support without the need of CN. In the future, if my nephews need to get over 9.5 to play newer games (hypothetically), they only need homebrew, which ninjhax 2.0's hyped to be capable. Perhaps at that time too, ninjhax 2.0 won't need the physical copy of CN. Because I don't support the piracy thing, I am not too concerned about firm-launch and signature patched stuff, which are harder to employ on newer firmware.

JohnTravolski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That makes me wonder, is there any thread here on this site dedicated to the future of all of this stuff? It seems like there're too many ifs with everything here, such as all of the possibilities with the New 3DS and stuff. Maybe all of that stuff could be summed up somewhere in a thread? For example, just explaining what tools we currently have that can work with the N3DS and what we're likely to be able to work around in the future, etc. I think that would also be pretty helpful, especially to people like me who don't know very much about it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8uydsntOyc