Hacking N3DS swap region woes

lisreal2401

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I sorta, kind of, successfully changed the emunand of Japanese new 3DS to USA - home menu works, apps boot, it seems all fine except one minor and one major flaw. The first, about half the usual system apps are gone, I imagine something went fucky with the change and I can just install them later. More servere though is pressing home during any game will hard crash the 3DS or give out an error. No idea why this is happening, I followed the guide very closely and I'm at a loss. Any advice on what to do next? Been slaving away on this all day.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I sorta, kind of, successfully changed the emunand of Japanese new 3DS to USA - home menu works, apps boot, it seems all fine except one minor and one major flaw. The first, about half the usual system apps are gone, I imagine something went fucky with the change and I can just install them later. More servere though is pressing home during any game will hard crash the 3DS or give out an error. No idea why this is happening, I followed the guide very closely and I'm at a loss. Any advice on what to do next? Been slaving away on this all day.
Reinstall your US CIA's your missing applets.

lisreal2401

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did a full install on 10.6.10 using Devmenu, some titles failed, will they just work now? Should I just run sysUpdater with that firmware again on my current sorta working NAND? I can pick and choose the missing apps but if some underlying home menu components are broken I'd have no idea what is missing.

lisreal2401

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I have it all running now, keyboard is fixed, everything works. Only issue is the System Settings, Camera, eShop, Face Raiders, Download Play and Health and Safety Information still have icons on the Home Menu but don't actually boot since they're uninstalled. How can I delete the duplicate icons?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo