Hacking n3ds on 9.9 firmware

lorenzako

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Just bought a new 3ds now i don't know where to begin since if i try updating it it'll directly update to 10.5 then i will not be able to downgrade it to 9.2 since it needs to be in 10.3. am i doomed to wait or are there any meyhod other than ninjahax since j dont have thr game

GothicIII

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If you try to downgrade from 9.9 you could get a frankenfirmware where the kernel will be fw9.2 and the apps 9.9. You could repair this only with cubic ninja/Zelda exploit for fw 9.2. I suggest you to upgrade with sysupdater to 10.3 first. Ppl say it's safer this way. I tried it from 9.9 to 9.2 with safe sysupdater and browser and system settings black screened. I was stuck until I installed ninjahaax for 9.2.

Last edited by GothicIII,

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Just bought a new 3ds now i don't know where to begin since if i try updating it it'll directly update to 10.5 then i will not be able to downgrade it to 9.2 since it needs to be in 10.3. am i doomed to wait or are there any meyhod other than ninjahax since j dont have thr game

I downgraded from 9.9

I'll advise you use safesysupdater to Ensure the downgrade files "PASS",
Then use the latest sysupdater to downgrade

lorenzako

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
thanks guys i think ill go for the 9.9 to 10.3 then downgrade to 9.2 route, but i always read that the downgrader for 10.3 to 9.2 isnt safe for the n3ds?

and lastly i tried opening the browser app and it says i need to update, but a video on youtube says the dns settings can bypass the update and launch it directly to browserhax

GothicIII

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Downgrading is never safe. I just posted my opinion and my experience. I don't know if it's really safer or not.

You can try the Dns way (I don't know if it works, I thought it has to be done BEFORE you get the update nag) or you can try mashing the browser icon right before the n3ds starts to bypass the nag and use the browser. For some it works after many tries.

Ozonex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you try to downgrade from 9.9 you could get a frankenfirmware where the kernel will be fw9.2 and the apps 9.9. You could repair this only with cubic ninja/Zelda exploit for fw 9.2. I suggest you to upgrade with sysupdater to 10.3 first. Ppl say it's safer this way. I tried it from 9.9 to 9.2 with safe sysupdater and browser and system settings black screened. I was stuck until I installed ninjahaax for 9.2.
Follow what this dude says, I got frankerwirmwared for downgrading from 9.9 and now searching for Ninjhax, the update nag can be surpassed with tubehax's DNS, but remember to install menuhax and then putting DNS to auto, using menuhax as an entrypoint. If the downgrade fails and you have the DNS activated you will be more limited

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You woke sob +1