n3ds on 9.9 firmware

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by lorenzako, Feb 20, 2016.

1. lorenzako
    OP

lorenzako Member

Newcomer
    Feb 20, 2016
    Brazil
    Just bought a new 3ds now i don't know where to begin since if i try updating it it'll directly update to 10.5 then i will not be able to downgrade it to 9.2 since it needs to be in 10.3. am i doomed to wait or are there any meyhod other than ninjahax since j dont have thr game

2. ChaosRipple

ChaosRipple GBAtemp Regular

Oct 1, 2015
    United States
    Use Browserhax to get into the Homebrew Launcher and downgrade.

3. Testo90

Testo90 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 14, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Badung, Bali, Indonesia
    Im on the same boat, direct Downgrade to 9.2 or Update via sagesysupdater to 10.3 and then to 9.2?

N3ds 9.9

4. GothicIII

GothicIII GBAtemp Fan

Jan 4, 2015
    Gambia, The
    If you try to downgrade from 9.9 you could get a frankenfirmware where the kernel will be fw9.2 and the apps 9.9. You could repair this only with cubic ninja/Zelda exploit for fw 9.2. I suggest you to upgrade with sysupdater to 10.3 first. Ppl say it's safer this way. I tried it from 9.9 to 9.2 with safe sysupdater and browser and system settings black screened. I was stuck until I installed ninjahaax for 9.2.

Last edited by GothicIII, Feb 20, 2016
  5. Queno138

Queno138 Ravens

Sep 18, 2010
    Senegal
    Luigi's Dark Mansion
    I downgraded from 9.9

I'll advise you use safesysupdater to Ensure the downgrade files "PASS",
    Then use the latest sysupdater to downgrade

6. lorenzako
    OP

lorenzako Member

Newcomer
    Feb 20, 2016
    Brazil
    thanks guys i think ill go for the 9.9 to 10.3 then downgrade to 9.2 route, but i always read that the downgrader for 10.3 to 9.2 isnt safe for the n3ds?

and lastly i tried opening the browser app and it says i need to update, but a video on youtube says the dns settings can bypass the update and launch it directly to browserhax

7. GothicIII

GothicIII GBAtemp Fan

Jan 4, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Downgrading is never safe. I just posted my opinion and my experience. I don't know if it's really safer or not.

You can try the Dns way (I don't know if it works, I thought it has to be done BEFORE you get the update nag) or you can try mashing the browser icon right before the n3ds starts to bypass the nag and use the browser. For some it works after many tries.

8. Ozonex

Ozonex Member

Newcomer
    Feb 12, 2016
    Follow what this dude says, I got frankerwirmwared for downgrading from 9.9 and now searching for Ninjhax, the update nag can be surpassed with tubehax's DNS, but remember to install menuhax and then putting DNS to auto, using menuhax as an entrypoint. If the downgrade fails and you have the DNS activated you will be more limited