Hardware N3DS NAND backup possible, I hope.

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you Avalynn! I have one done and have created 2 identical dumps on a n3DS XL. Here's a few pics.

16057087294_310d2cfb53_z.jpg

16653472776_07d7fc0f23_z.jpg

16059470273_c082b38f90_z.jpg

16678062491_6fbafa7e6c_z.jpg

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone have thoughts on any connector that would fit into the wrist strap hole(s)? I'd rather just cut that little bar out vs cutting a much larger hole in the side of the casing.
You don't need to cut the bar out. When you open up the case, it just comes out...

Edit: I'm an idiot. Don't mind me. I was thinking of the old 3DS XL. I didn't even realize until just now that the N3DS XL even had a wrist strap hole. Which I knew that before taking a dremel to the bottom of the case (and my microusb connector still doesn't fit flush, so the back is bulging slightly)

Avalynn

I'm here to learn and help.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you Avalynn! I have one done and have created 2 identical dumps on a n3DS XL. Here's a few pics.

Very nice!! This is one I did earlier myself.

IMG_0371s.jpg
IMG_0373s.jpg
IMG_0376s.jpg
IMG_0377s.JPG

I am hoping to integrate a card reader in it and just have the microUSB port on the top for eMMC read/write and charging lol but so far none of the microSD card readers I am playing with are liking it.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very nice!! This is one I did earlier myself

What kind of tape is that and what kind of board is the connector on? How did you end up aligning the hole so perfectly like that? Jebus... I'm waiting for my connectors in the mail and I was planning on going all the way under the battery/D-pad board and cutting a hole in the side with a dremel. This looks so much more elegant!

zeruel85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have just found an alternative clk for the n3ds xl. It is a test point (such as cmd and datx), and it is on the bottom of the motherboard, so it is easier to solder it. Here it is, I hope it can help someone. :)

f2476e29b89b5146d25d6825f774c993.jpg

Reactions: urherenow

kelroy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I gonna try today to use 4 lines as you guys, i hope that i can get it working.

Still dont work, error 5

zeruel85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Avalynn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What kind of tape is that and what kind of board is the connector on? How did you end up aligning the hole so perfectly like that? Jebus... I'm waiting for my connectors in the mail and I was planning on going all the way under the battery/D-pad board and cutting a hole in the side with a dremel. This looks so much more elegant!

I like to use kapton tape because I don't like to glue to the motherboard directly ever and it is high temp and durable. A lot of time I will roll my own PCBs to give the connectors more durability and better surface adhesion.

Very nice and clean work man! Can I ask you how you you cut the case? 'cause it'so so perfect. :D

Great work lol, I found that test point as well when I did the initial searching. I drill a small hole and the rest I do with hand files. I should update the first post with that point lol.

Reactions: cearp

Avalynn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I gonna try today to use 4 lines as you guys, i hope that i can get it working.

Still dont work, error 5
I don't think it's your wiring at this point from what I have read with Win32 Disk Imager it maybe your system, if you have another computer you might want to try it on that or maybe it's the SD adapter?

Ninoh-FOX

Otaku Gamer!!
Trophies
Website
colorslive.com
XP
Country
Spain
In fact, wherever you want. Here you can see mine:

fe34fd1d05e46a2e77e10c2d693727d9.jpg

Thank You !! had planned to use the large rectangle that is in the corner, which has a sticker, do not know if this will work. You can upload other photos?

EDIT: You did not think to put a pin female microusb where you have cable? I'm thinking of putting it to see if it looks good

Avalynn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah well if you are looking for a GND point then...
There are a lot of GND points if you need to know where another one poke around with a multimeter (on continuity mode) to anywhere on the metal shielding (like on the cartridge slot) and then poke some of those golden pads around, the board uses a ground pore plane so there should be a couple points all around.

Ninoh-FOX

Otaku Gamer!!
Trophies
Website
colorslive.com
XP
Country
Spain
Ah well if you are looking for a GND point then...
There are a lot of GND points if you need to know where another one poke around with a multimeter (on continuity mode) to anywhere on the metal shielding (like on the cartridge slot) and then poke some of those golden pads around, the board uses a ground pore plane so there should be a couple points all around.

This pinouts works?
GND.jpg

omgcat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

kelroy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Avalynn now i buy the same SD reader as you, concretly that "Transcend TS-RDP5K". I will see this weekend if it works.

I hope that i can work properly with that.

1 thing, can you link me ,Avalynn, the spifications of the pins that you use on your red N3ds please?. I want to try to make just the same as you.

Avalynn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Avalynn now i buy the same SD reader as you, concretly that "Transcend TS-RDP5K". I will see this weekend if it works.

I hope that i can work properly with that.

1 thing, can you link me ,Avalynn, the spifications of the pins that you use on your red N3ds please?. I want to try to make just the same as you.

Sure, the pins I use on that are the DAT0 / CMD / CLK / GND if you think a visual would help, I can provide that, just let me know what you want to see.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo