Homebrew N3ds 9.9.026U Question

d12unk13astard

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i didnt use that ftp brony thing it honestly went smoothly and pretty fast without that lol only trouble i ran into was the initail loading of menuhax but that was just because i forgot to let the 3ds load the theme from home menu haha

sure thing

lorenzako

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i didnt use that ftp brony thing it honestly went smoothly and pretty fast without that lol only trouble i ran into was the initail loading of menuhax but that was just because i forgot to let the 3ds load the theme from home menu haha

sure thing
so where do i put the extracted file i downloaded to?

d12unk13astard

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
delete the update folder you have on your microsd, than transfer the extracted update folder to the root of the microsd

than just load into menuhax and sysupdate to 10.3

when your done updating to 10.3 delete that update folder and transfer the 9.2 update to root of the microsd

also i deleted my internet connection settings completely and no dns while doing the upgrading to 10.3 and downgrade to 9.2, it seemed to not want to load the cias if i was on wifi even with dns off.

Last edited by d12unk13astard,

lorenzako

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
delete the update folder you have on your microsd, than transfer the extracted update folder to the root of the microsd

than just load into menuhax and sysupdate to 10.3

when your done updating to 10.3 delete that update folder and transfer the 9.2 update to root of the microsd
ok thanks a lot again but for some reason zippyshare is being sluggish and im downloading at a 100kbps pace it'll be done downloading in 30mins
-_- what a bummer. i really appreciate your help.

Oh and one more thing, have you successfully installed a cfw? but i bet that's the least riskiest part.

Last edited by lorenzako,

d12unk13astard

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
really? damn thats slow as fuq! you said you already downloaded them thru mega, just check and make sure there the full and n3ds versions as i uploaded, i honestly think that the safesysuploader you used was at fault, im sure you already have the correct cia update folders. But i would also be cautious like your being, i stayed up all night yesterday getting this done making sure i was doing everything 100% correctly

I'll be installing the Reinand CFW later today, yea thats the least of my worries now, im just really excited that i was able to downgrade to 9.2 finally after doing research for 2 days and finally jumping into it.

Last edited by d12unk13astard,

lorenzako

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

sure thing
okay now it is stucked at clean memory and release kobject did you experience this? or should i restart it now

d12unk13astard

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea it did that on me when i didnt turn off the wifi and dns...go to your internet connections and delete your wifi access point completely and restart it into home menu hax/sysupdate

lorenzako

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
yea it did that on me when i didnt turn off the wifi and dns...go to your internet connections and delete your wifi access point completely and restart it into home menu hax/sysupdate
okay now i successfully upgrade to 10.3 yay but now the menuhax is gone do i have to reinstall the browserhax and menux hax?

d12unk13astard

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes i had to as well, i know its a pain in the @ss haha, but just do it and follow the same steps as before except this time with the 9.2 update on root and you'll be golden!

lorenzako

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
yes i had to as well, i know its a pain in the @ss haha, but just do it and follow the same steps as before except this time with the 9.2 update on root and you'll be golden!
checked my 9.2 files and safesysupdater says all the cia files for 9.2 are all good to go. now i'll just recharge my battery for 30mins then ill continue. i can feel that my downgrade will be as successful as the upgrade. btw have you successfully ran a cfw as of now? how hard is it? is it as risky as flashing firmwares?

Reactions: d12unk13astard

d12unk13astard

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
checked my 9.2 files and safesysupdater says all the cia files for 9.2 are all good to go. now i'll just recharge my battery for 30mins then ill continue. i can feel that my downgrade will be as successful as the upgrade. btw have you successfully ran a cfw as of now? how hard is it? is it as risky as flashing firmwares?

I'll be installing the Reinand CFW later today busy atm dealing with lifes everyday struggles lol, it's not a risk imho to install CFW compared to the sketchiness that was upgrading and downgrading your fw on 3ds. Just follow every step of the directions of the CFW you choose carefully and ask questions, that's why were all here to help each other out :)

lorenzako

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'll be installing the Reinand CFW later today busy atm dealing with lifes everyday struggles lol, it's not a risk imho to install CFW compared to the sketchiness that was upgrading and downgrading your fw on 3ds. Just follow every step of the directions of the CFW you choose carefully and ask questions, that's why were all here to help each other out :)
dude oh my god thank you so much i wanna buy you a beer now im on 9.2

d12unk13astard

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dude oh my god thank you so much i wanna buy you a beer now im on 9.2

haha awesome glad you made it, take your time and choose what CFW suits you best. Honestly i'm gonna do some more reading too because theres a lot of cool CFW out there and im not too much in a rush to get in on just yet. Hopefully more 9.9 users see this thread and we can help them out too!

lorenzako

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
haha awesome glad you made it, take your time and choose what CFW suits you best. Honestly i'm gonna do some more reading too because theres a lot of cool CFW out there and im not too much in a rush to get in on just yet. Hopefully more 9.9 users see this thread and we can help them out too!
yeah with our combined knowledge and all those stupid errors i ran into, they can rest assure this hack is goddarn safe. Only thing i can think of fu***ng up your system is completely user error

Last edited by lorenzako,

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i bought a New 3ds and it was on 9.9-xxxE
i downgraded it succesfully to 9.2-xxxE with safesysupdater
and installed coldboot reinand (rxtools and gateway too)

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
wow talk about balls of steel directly downgrading from 9.9? that was risky
Not really. Whether 10.3 has a higher success rate is still not confirmed, lots of bricks have happened on various firmwares and and even more successful downgrades.
But more importantly, updating to 10.3 with sysupdater could cause a brick too, so if your console isn't already on 10.3, not worth risking a brick twice.

d12unk13astard

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After doing some reading i'm leaning more towards Rxtools now, the feature list is beefy :D Probaly gonna install later tonight or tomorrow.

What CFW have others used and please give reasons as to why they have or are leaning towards installing them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hke2YUirpf4 +1