Hacking N3DS 11.0, N3DS 9.0 with Gateway, solution?

Deathscreton

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bought my GF a 3DS and it happened to be updated on purchase to N3DS 11.0. I happen to own a N3DS 9.2 with Gateway. Therefore, I have an emuNAND. I was reading the guide and it states that I can use a 3DS with a emuNAND, however, none of the tools they are listing can run without AL9Hax. The tools are based on emuNAND9, however, that doesn't have the tool necessary either.

So from what I understand, the only solution is to hack my N3DS from the beginning, and go from there. Am I right, or is there another way to do this?

EDIT:
Wait, I think I got it. the first couple steps of the downgrade process are prepatory work to make the process brickproof. Technically, all I need to do is inject the FBI file, or hell, the save, then transfer the system to the new 3DS. Then from there, boot the game, and work it's downgrade magic.

Last edited by Deathscreton,

Deathscreton

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welp, I blew that. I didn't swap cards during the transfer, so the dsiware didn't install correctly to the target 3DS. Now both systems are in a state of having to wait 7 days before the transfer can be attempted again. Which I might add in my frustration, is a ridiculously stupid rule. >:|

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Welp, I blew that. I didn't swap cards during the transfer, so the dsiware didn't install correctly to the target 3DS. Now both systems are in a state of having to wait 7 days before the transfer can be attempted again. Which I might add in my frustration, is a ridiculously stupid rule. >:|
Better than having a total lifetime limit on transfers, which is how it used to be :-p

Deathscreton

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah. Still unfortunate they decided to go this route. I can't imagine what it solves. Anywho, if anyone comes across this thread, feel free to lock it. I can't do anymore for the next seven days.

howcleanisyourho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

what do you mean?

you didnt do the following?

22. Remove the microSD Card from the source system as it will now be used in the target system. Once the micro SD Card has been moved to the new system, the transfer is complete.
- taken from the nintendo transfer guide

Deathscreton

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
howcleanisyourho: Correct. That's the part I slipped up on. I managed to reimage my source N3DS with a backedup emuNAND, however, since I don't have access to the NNID anymore, I don't have the game, but I do have the save. The problem is that I didn't send the DSIware over to the target N3DS via moving the microSD Card. I've been reading around, but I can't seem to figure out a way to transfer JUST saves. If I could, I could still hack the target N3DS. I don't think there's a way to transfer saves without a system transfer though.

Mikey420: Yeah, I bought the actual DSIware from the eshop.

Last edited by Deathscreton,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air.